If the closure is extended beyond 3/31, when do you think it will be announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is 10-20% off the hotel good in Disneyland? I agree - there's no chance CA is gonna let this go forward, so it could be as much travel agents need the business and fronted commissions as Disney...
Maybe traffic on that website is dying because that isn't anywhere near a "HUGE" discount for Disneyland Hotels... and it's nothing to do with TAs. Disney thinks there is a chance they will be open then and would like your deposit money please.

^this

That headline in the article is so clickbaity. I've seen a couple people thinking it means Disney is canceling all reservations up through June.

Agree. While the headline is technically right but the way it is worded is very misleading.

They WILL refund trips through June 30th but only if you want to cancel. I think it is a great gesture since even if parks are open then some people may not want to come. However I hate article headlines like that that make it sound different then it really is. "Disney allows no-fee cancellations through end of June" would be more accurate.

I guess they will extend this over this coming weekend once the resorts are down. Extended to 4/12 or 4/19. Then in early April I would assume a shutdown until May 1 or 2.
They may then watch until late April to see if one more phase into mid May is beneficial. I would then guess phased openings into late June with full operation around the 4th of July. Again, just a guess.

I guess they will extend this over this coming weekend once the resorts are down. Extended to 4/12 or 4/19. Then in early April I would assume a shutdown until May 1 or 2.
They may then watch until late April to see if one more phase into mid May is beneficial. I would then guess phased openings into late June with full operation around the 4th of July. Again, just a guess.

That is what I'm expecting. I also expect in the announcement this weekend under "other experiences cancelled" they will add in Star Wars half marathon and make that official.

I wonder .. they may seen as saviors - with the courage to reopen and trying to heal the country and get us back to normal.

I mean ..what more harm could come to them? They currently have closed parks, no movies, little merchandise sales ..bad press isn't going to harm them any worse than they are being harmed right now by a total lockdown.

It really depends on the PUBLIC opinion on how the virus is doing (the public opinion not what the scientists/government is telling us).

If people are seeing a handful of cases in their state or LOCAL community, people will want to get back to normal and "risk" it.

I don't know how to say this and not sound like a jerk, but if anyone thinks that opening a place like a Disney park during this time where social distancing is the name of the game is saving anything they really have no understand of COVID-19 and the reasons behind the drastic measures that are being taken. Moving towards the old normal quickly just means more people need hospitalization, more hospitals are overwhelmed, and more people needlessly die. I guess I am really frustrated by the idea that opening back up quickly is courageous, when the courageous action we really need is for people to stay home as much as possible.

Opening anytime soon does not make them the savior of anything, except maybe taking the heat off the idiotic Spring Breakers in other parts of Florida.

I don't know how to say this and not sound like a jerk, but if anyone thinks that opening a place like a Disney park during this time where social distancing is the name of the game is saving anything they really have no understand of COVID-19 and the reasons behind the drastic measures that are being taken. Moving towards the old normal quickly just means more people need hospitalization, more hospitals are overwhelmed, and more people needlessly die. I guess I am really frustrated by the idea that opening back up quickly is courageous, when the courageous action we really need is for people to stay home as much as possible.

Opening anytime soon does not make them the savior of anything, except maybe taking the heat off the idiotic Spring Breakers in other parts of Florida.

I can’t like this response enough.

This will be an interesting time in our country .. how much will people/businesses push back against these mandates as time goes on? I don't see big companies doing that as much, as they are easier to "punish" by the government, but I can see local bars/restaurants saying "F it!" and just opening if they feel the consumer demand is there. What's the government going to do? Take away their business? (that may already be lost beyond repair?)

I guess it does depend on how much "free money" the government is going to try and throw at people and businesses to get them to follow their restrictions.

Say “F it!” In PA where they’ll pull your business license or liquor license, impose fines & more.
I can’t figure out if you’re attemping to be antagonistic to make a more colorful discussion? Or if you actually believe that we’re not dealing with an unprecedented, deadly crisis.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread or forum but does anyone know the "current" cancellation period for a package??? We have a reservation for BWI from 5/13-16 with PH and DDP. I am just trying to figure out if I need to know 30 days out or 5 days out or what, any help would be greatly appreciated

Sorry if this is the wrong thread or forum but does anyone know the "current" cancellation period for a package??? We have a reservation for BWI from 5/13-16 with PH and DDP. I am just trying to figure out if I need to know 30 days out or 5 days out or what, any help would be greatly appreciated
Package is 30 days. Obviously if closures continue things will change and disney will allow for rebooking or cancellation without any fees.

As of yesterday Orange County in Florida has only tested 57 people. Of those, 19 were positive, 24 were negative, and 14 show up as no result yet. As Florida ramps up testing in central Florida the numbers will get worse.

The governor has ordered all bars and night clubs in the state to close. Restaurants must have seating 6 feet apart and be at 50% or less of capacity.

It doesn’t sound to me like Disney World is opening anytime soon.

This has not been published anywhere publicly by Disney (to my knowledge) so one of those little details that could always change, but it's been reported by several on the Resorts and TPAS boards that Disney is doing a 7 day cancellation/payment due in full period for packages vs the usual 30 days. The 30 day auto e-mails continue to go out, but when you call they'll tell you you have until 7 days out. Always appreciate real-time reports on this so if you're told anything different from Disney, let us know. A couple of applicable threads on the theme parks and resorts boards are here and here. Thanks!

So .. let's just do some speculation to distract us from the "worst-case scenarios"

If you currently have a vacation planned in late May or June .. and Disney does open back up sometime in April or early May.

Do you still go?
If so .. .why?
Need the "escape"? Need the magic to help feel things are getting back to normal?

If not ... why not?
Still afraid of catching the virus?
Afraid the parks won't be running at full capacity (which I doubt they will) for a while?
Afraid the parks will just be changed from this?

So .. let's just do some speculation to distract us from the "worst-case scenarios"

If you currently have a vacation planned in late May or June .. and Disney does open back up sometime in April or early May.

Do you still go?
If so .. .why?
Need the "escape"? Need the magic to help feel things are getting back to normal?

If not ... why not?
Afraid the parks won't be running at full capacity (which I doubt they will) for a while?

Not a good answer but really it depends. What do the current curves for the virus look lke? How is health care holding up? what measures is disney taking to keep people safe?

For me I think I would be very hesitant at that point but that really is based on how things feel and look today. if say this malaria drug is working well and disney is implementing things like temperature testing at the gates then maybe but doubtful.

Way too many unknowns today but hopefully by the time we get to May we'll know a lot more.

Do you still go?
If so .. .why?

If not ... why not?

I don't have a trip planned, but I'll play along for fun.

No, I wouldn't still go, because:

- we're a higher risk family so, it would still be too risky for us
- I'm not traveling thousands of miles and spending several thousands of dollars for a reduced park experience. I won't return to Disney until it's running at full operation.

Not a good answer but really it depends. What do the current curves for the virus look lke? How is health care holding up? what measures is disney taking to keep people safe?

For me I think I would be very hesitant at that point but that really is based on how things feel and look today. if say this malaria drug is working well and disney is implementing things like temperature testing at the gates then maybe but doubtful.

Way too many unknowns today but hopefully by the time we get to May we'll know a lot more.

This is what I get such a kick out of - you are contagious before symptoms appear, including any fever. So temperature testing is an absolute waste of time. It's just a "feel-good" measure, makes people think they're doing something. The reality is, they might stop one person who has a fever, but they already let through a dozen asymptomatic, contagious people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter