• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

If you haven't gotten your free dining pin yet, they're still coming!

Got the pin for FD in the mail yesterday. We already had a trip booked for early August and I was able to call and apply the FD pin to our current reservation. The pin saved us approximately $1,000 for 8 days!!!!!:cool1:

So I dont know if this happened to anyone else but I got my pin today in the mail...I like to be able to LOOK at my options...and found that the free dining isnt really that great a deal anymore...I like the regular dining plan (TS, CS, snack) not liking the quick service one (just me ...no flames but now they are only giving "free dining" to deluxe...I mean yes they have free dining for value and moderate but its the quick service

I also got the FD PIN and was able to apply it to my already booked vacation...I had to take off the AAA discount which was minimal and when all was said and done my vacation package price went down over $400! I still find it amazing that I am getting the exact same vacation for less money!
Alot of people I know got this PIN in the snail mail....had a Lady & The Tramp picture on the cover.... :yay:

So I dont know if this happened to anyone else but I got my pin today in the mail...I like to be able to LOOK at my options...and found that the free dining isnt really that great a deal anymore...I like the regular dining plan (TS, CS, snack) not liking the quick service one (just me ...no flames but now they are only giving "free dining" to deluxe...I mean yes they have free dining for value and moderate but its the quick service

But you can pay the difference and upgrade to the TS plan...and it's so little. I was surprised the QS plan is almost as expensive as the TS plan!
I upgraded for $11 per day (which was all for me, dd's plan was the same price on either!).

thanks for the info...now I am hoping again that it will come out for my dates and i will pay for the upgrade..sounds great

Thanks for giving hope, I am waiting by the mailbox for a pin as the August trip is coming up soon.

Yes, I received the same pin in the mail today. Of course, it is the same offer I received by email earlier this month and unfortunately I cannot use it as we are planning our trip for September. Best of luck to all of you awaiting pins! pixiedust:

So, how do you get these pins you speak of?? LOL!
Maybe after you go once, you get in the system??

i got a pin in my e-mail the other day for a % off my room with 3+ day stay, im wondering now if i can combine that with the kids stay and play promotion (most likley not huh)

I did not recieve the FD pin in the mail but after reading about it I called to see if I had one attached to my name. We did so it was well worth the phone call.

I apologize, newbie here, but where/whom are you getting the emails and pins from? Do I need to sign up for the emails or what exactly? We've only been once to WDW as a family in 2008 and are planning our 2nd trip this October.

I have the Disney Visa but haven't used it since '08, it seemed (at least at the time) that our Discover earned more cash back than we would earn in Disney dollars through the Disney Visa, so we rarely use(d) it.

Thanks for your help!

The pins come from Disney diectly. They are issued randomly, but you need to be registered on the WDW site and opt into receiving marketing info from them. I've also seen several people say that going in and saving different vacation packages, ordering the DVD and maps, all up your chances slightly.

We have been gettings pins regularly for another family! There name is not even close to ours...so I have no idea how their info got attached to my email. It's very frustrating. :(

I'd like to know too. We've been to WDW 5 times as a family...2 of them were even in the same year! Going back in June. I'm registered on the site and everything...never have had a pin.

I am so sad, I called to check if any pin was associated with my name and that was a negative! We are planning to go on 07/04 week :eek:

Hey SillyLily, Sept is a fantastic time to go. We love it then. Much less crowded. Keep the Sept date!!!

Hey SillyLily, Sept is a fantastic time to go. We love it then. Much less crowded. Keep the Sept date!!!

Thanks, we have decided to do exactly that! :banana: I figure what I don't gain monetarily (and it is NOT a huge amount of difference with the FD pin), we'll have lower crowds, and hopefully the heat will not be so oppressive. We're South Carolinians, though, humidity is the norm so that doesn't slow us down a heck of a lot. I'm super excited!!:woohoo:!

We booked an 11 day vacation for our family of four in January through Small World Vacations. The package included a standard room at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, Park Hopper with Water Parks tickets, and the standard Dining Plan from June 4th to June 14th. We had plans of staying at the Pop Century but Small World Vacations found a discount that allowed us to upgrade to the AK Lodge for only another $600 which we thought that was a steal and jumped on it!

Fast forward a couple months and we received a post card with an offer for free dining plan with Deluxe accommodations. We have been aware of these offers from Disney but have never heard of one during the summer so we were not too excited but what do you know, the offer was actually within the dates we had already booked a package.

Small World Vacations did tell us that if any better packages become available it would not be a problem to change to the better offer and, well, we just saved $1025!!!!! on our package!!!! I'm not exactly sure what the discount was that we had before (I think 30% off the room) but since there were 4 of us on the adult Dining Plan the savings really worked in our favor.

I hope this did not sound like an advertisement for Small World Vacations...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter