• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

If you haven't gotten your free dining pin yet, they're still coming!

hm.. what do you guys did to get pins in the first place? do I need to be a member of rsomething first? jsut curious. we could definitely use something,
we will be there mid April.

Do your math, may I say it again, do your math!

Remember, the room discount may not be for every night of your reservation. I calculated free dining for three adults/one child, room discount on a deluxe, and, just for kicks, upgrading to the best view. I would need at least five of our ten days to be discounted @ 40% to beat FD.

Don't guess!

Who do you call to see if there are pins attached to your name???
This is news to me :)

exactly what # do you call to check on the pins. I'm already booked for the week of July 4th but man I would love to have free dining or anything for that matter. We go to Disney every other year and I love it more than anyone in my family. A 42 yr old man acting like a 12 year old. It's silly but, what can I say.

James

exactly what # do you call to check on the pins. I'm already booked for the week of July 4th but man I would love to have free dining or anything for that matter. We go to Disney every other year and I love it more than anyone in my family. A 42 yr old man acting like a 12 year old. It's silly but, what can I say.

James
Dude!!! I can't say that I love Disney more than anyone in my family....Well,maybe I do,but they wouldn't let me go without em'!!! We have been for the past 5 years consecutively(Free Dining-just something about free grub:goodvibes),and this year we're going to Universal/Seaworld/Aquatica-not THAT excited for some reason.:confused3 I'm hoping FD will be offered for Nov.-I may just have to work some serious overtime so I can get my Disney fix-Wish me luck getting this one past my wife!:scared: I hope some FD pixie dust comes your waypixiedust: Either way Have a Blast!:thumbsup2

DW called a few weeks back to see if we had the FD PIN and we did!!! We then got the FD postcard in the mail a day or so after that. At first they didn't have any rooms at POP or any value for the days we wanted but I kept checking. Then voila one day there was a room at Sports so I jumped on that. I kept checking and a couple days after that a room opened at POP and we changed our reservations. For the next week or so POP was still available but lately there are no values available for our days. I'm happy, we got what we wanted POP and FD!!!

Now the fun begins spending all those snack credits.

Hmmm......I am already signed up on the WDW site, but I just ordered a DVD. But I am guessing you can not use the FD with a room discount? Does anyone know whats better? In our time frame they are offering 30% off at deluxe hotels. Thats where we would stay. But is the free dinning better than the discount? We are 2 adults and 2 kids. We never used the dinning plan? Help!! Ha I dont even have a code but just in case!! Want to book a room asap!

Hmmm......I am already signed up on the WDW site, but I just ordered a DVD. But I am guessing you can not use the FD with a room discount? Does anyone know whats better? In our time frame they are offering 30% off at deluxe hotels. Thats where we would stay. But is the free dinning better than the discount? We are 2 adults and 2 kids. We never used the dinning plan? Help!! Ha I dont even have a code but just in case!! Want to book a room asap!

I find that for my family...2 adults and 2 kids that the free dinning plan is a better discount and we stay at POFQ....You can easily check by going to Disney web site and price your trip with and without dinning and then take 30% off your room price and do the math...For our family last yr we had the free sit down dinning plan and it would have cost us $1400 if we paid out of pocket (I kept the recipts)...I think the sit down plan runs about $900-$1000 for our family if we book it with our trip.....Q-service is about $300 less +/-...for my family.

Hope this helps.....:thumbsup2

the "better" discount really depends on your family, with 3 adults it was better for us to do FD to switch to the 30% off it was like 8 dollars difference, the other family who is going with us is 5 adults and FD is most def. the better deal saving them a little over $2,000! now if youre only 2 adults then the room discount is probably better .. I am also taking my 15 month old with us when we go and we will spend more on her food all week then we will on ours! :)

Who do you call to find out if there is a PIN attached to your name?

I have read on other threads that if you call the same number you would call for reservations and speak with a Cast Member you can ask them to check and see if there are any PIN codes attached to your name.

FD is open to the public as of 5/1.

You might be able to get info quicker and more up to date on the code and discounts forum found here

We got a free dining offer for 4/23 - 8/13 at hubby's email this morning. I just got one at my email address seconds ago. They're still coming.

Sadly we can't use ours. We're going 8/24-9/2 and got 40% off a deluxe, so even with free dining for our dates I think the 40% off is better :)

We are going Aug 1-8 can I use your FD pin...LOL. Haven't received one yet and I am a Disney Visa card holder. Will call to check to see if one is attached to my name, but nothing in my email. Did get the 40% off AKL and am excited about that. :cool1:

We are going Aug 1-8 can I use your FD pin...LOL. Haven't received one yet and I am a Disney Visa card holder. Will call to check to see if one is attached to my name, but nothing in my email. Did get the 40% off AKL and am excited about that. :cool1:

large discounts in deluxe resorts often come out to be better % off than free dining is depending on your party so you may already have a better discount than FD.

large discounts in deluxe resorts often come out to be better % off than free dining is depending on your party so you may already have a better discount than FD.

I called to see if I have any pins, but they are working on the computer system, so have to call back. I am thinking I might just add the regular DP anyway. Hate having to carry around all that cash. Plus it's so much easier to use the DP and I think we will save some money that way. Thanks.:goodvibes

Does the free dining pin give you a better deal than the free dining announced today? (TIA)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter