Ignore. Just practicing posting pics

2953588642_752245c698.jpg

Most of the people on the camping boards weren't even alive when that pic was snapped lol. It's changed many times since then.

Wow WTG KFK, this thread was KFK "threadlicious" Loved all the pictures :thumbsup2

I got this Main Street Electrical Parade pin when the parade was originally at WDW. The batteries that operate the lights died a long time ago.

The 10 year CM pin is from my days as concierge at the GF. It was a fun job.

The room card is from the same period. Just one of the famous people that were under my care at the GF. What a nice guy. Edsel Ford II is the great grandson of Henry Ford. I thought it was worth keeping.

WDWstuff.jpg

Very Cool Stuff Magicbus! I love the MSEP pin especially! I am soooo green with envy right now! If they have a special pin this year...I"M GETTING IT! I was there during the 25th Anniversary as well and I have the badge with the year of your first WDW visit too! I'll have to post mine and DH's. You're right the Edsel Ford room key was def worth saving.

Not to resurrect the "is it the same ship on Discovery Island" debate...but I located a few pics of my first Fort trip at Christmas 1977, and they include a shot I took from the boat of Treasure Island and the "shipwreck". The quality is poor at best, as my scanner is currently unavailable so I just snapped a shot with my digital camera.

2095308680101147942S600x600Q85.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't have many pics of that trip, and hardly any of the Fort. In fact, this is the only Fort shot I found...of my Mom and Dad outside our TT.

2941384960101147942S600x600Q85.jpg

I have a few shots at the Magic Kingdom, including the Christmas parade!

2416832690101147942S600x600Q85.jpg

2544593820101147942S600x600Q85.jpg

2612074520101147942S600x600Q85.jpg

And, here I am on a ride. I'm pretty sure it's If You Had Wings...

2075451610101147942S600x600Q85.jpg

We also went down to the Keys on that trip. Here is a shot of my Mom, Dad, Brother and Sister in front of our Coachmen Cadet Bunkhouse. Man, how I loved that trailer!

2639562830101147942S600x600Q85.jpg

Yeah right, problems w/the scanner huh? I think you're just trying to feel younger by date stamping yesterdays date on your old photos! :lmao: Just kidding.....those are great! thanks for sharing them with the class. :thumbsup2
Wow WTG KFK, this thread was KFK "threadlicious" Loved all the pictures :thumbsup2

Thanks, but I can't take all the credit....there have been MANY contributors pitiching in to make this thread great. ;) (I like your word, "threadlicious" your verbage sounds a lot like mine!) :laughing:

Been a little lazy/busy, but I think I'll crank up the old scanner and see what I can get posted tonight.

Construction of the first theme park in Disney World, the Magic Kingdom, as well as on two hotels and a campground. Construction began in April, 1969.
2953588642_752245c698.jpg

Walt Disney passed away on December 15, 1966, before construction began on his new Disney World

I thought someone might appreciate those. :rotfl:

Dave,

Those are some great pics. I Imagine the keys have changed a lot since your trip lol.

On a more serious note I don't think I saw your link to bring Mindy home until yesterday. Wow what a great day this will be. You and your family are a very special family to accept the responsibility to bring this special child into your home. My prayers to you. God couldn't have chosen a better family to send her to. Bless you and your's. I hope everything get's back on track.

Dave,

Those are some great pics. I Imagine the keys have changed a lot since your trip lol.

On a more serious note I don't think I saw your link to bring Mindy home until yesterday. Wow what a great day this will be. You and your family are a very special family to accept the responsibility to bring this special child into your home. My prayers to you. God couldn't have chosen a better family to send her to. Bless you and your's. I hope everything get's back on track.
Thank you Donnie! Things are progressing pretty nicely right now. We hope to make our first of two trips to Russia in August or early Sept. And hopefully our trip to bring her home in late October if all goes well. Hmmm, maybe we should hit the Fort and then fly out of Orlando?

3568024031_aa50c7b1ba.jpg

Dave you are right it looks different and it is even on the beach which looks like in a different location and definitely pointing in a different direction

Thank you Donnie! Things are progressing pretty nicely right now. We hope to make our first of two trips to Russia in August or early Sept. And hopefully our trip to bring her home in late October if all goes well. Hmmm, maybe we should hit the Fort and then fly out of Orlando?

Dave - I'm so glad for all of you, especially that sweet little girl, that things are moving in the right direction again. I can't wait to hear about you bringing her home!

Leslie

Walt died shortly after I was born. I would imaginr that was taken in 66 or 67.
If so then I wasn't born yet! Starting to feel young! :laughing:

Construction of the first theme park in Disney World, the Magic Kingdom, as well as on two hotels and a campground. Construction began in April, 1969.

Nevermind! Looks like I WAS born! Starting to feel old! :sad2:

Nice socks!!! :lmao:

:lmao:How did I ever miss the socks! Black socks with shorts....an American classic! Way to go Dave, your dad has joined the ranks of KFD and his plaid pants! :laughing:

Dave you are right it looks different and it is even on the beach which looks like in a different location and definitely pointing in a different direction

The conspiracy theory is alive and well! :cheer2:

KFK will be off the boards for a few days due to a camping trip (not Fort related). Just so no one thinks I'm dead or captured by hippies! :hippie: Never got around to posting the gazette as planned, but as soon as I get back....I promise!:flower3:

BTW...DENISE, I LOVE YOUR MK PHOTOS! (I like the wildest of rides, but the skylift always freaked me out! :eek: KFBro liked to get 'em rockin') Ticked me off bad! :mad:

In this Pic you can see the bow is facing the fort you can see RC in the background
50b71f20.jpg

In this Pic you can see the bow is facing the MC and you can see Monorail beam in the background

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter