Ignore. Just practicing posting pics

I loved the arcade I spent a lot of my parents money there. It was sad to see all of it go way for a stinking restaurant

Same here. We always caught a boat there for the arcade. Not much stays the same as you get older.

f91f68fec6c63266.jpg

OHHHHHH! I remember the Swan Boats! What year was this taken? Thanks for sharing. I don't think we have a very good pic of this in the archives.

Now I'm getting inspired to crank up the scanner again. I've been very busy and unable to get around to it. Got something funny to post later. The item itself isn't funny (and may not be terribly interesting), but where KFM found it IS funny! She said she kept it there on purpose so she would know where to find it, but all things considered, I'm not buying that story at all! :laughing: I meant to bring it home today, but I forgot and left it at mom's house.

...Got something funny to post later. The item itself isn't funny (and may not be terribly interesting), but where KFM found it IS funny! She said she kept it there on purpose so she would know where to find it, but all things considered, I'm not buying that story at all! :laughing: I meant to bring it home today, but I forgot and left it at mom's house.

Tease! ;)

Not me! I'm a girl of action! Here ya go!

FW Gazette 1991. The inside pages looked virtually the same as the 1989 copy, so I opted not to scan. Does anyone know what year they started printing these? 1989 is our first on record.

KSCN0001-3.jpg

KSCN0002-3.jpg

KSCN0003-3.jpg

KSCN0004-3.jpg

Another D.I. brochure w/a map.

KSCN0005-3.jpg

KSCN0006-5.jpg

KFBro did not catch and release. KFD did give hiim a good tongue lashing too!
Ha! Ha! Ha! KFB got in trouble!

KSCN0034-2.jpg

KSCN0035-2.jpg

I should have pointed out that these were NOT the scans to come that had the weird hiding place. I will have to get those from KFM in the next day or two. ;)

KFK-

More great stuff!!!

The 1991 Gazette indicates that it is Volume 5. Usually, a new volume number would be assigned each year. If this were the case, then the Gazette began publication in 1987. But, I'm not sure if that is the case.

The 1989 Gazette just says that it is the Pioneer Hall Edition. It doesn't say volume 2. I wonder why it says Pioneer Hall Edition. Was there another edition used for a different part of the campground? I doubt it.

I looked at a Gazette that I got in 2009- there is no volume number on it.

Do you know that they don't publish the Gazette anymore?

Now, you get a small, folded "Directory of Services." I think I got my first of these back in October, 2009, and on all visits since.

No more Gazette.

I noticed in the 1991 Gazette that you could get a pizza at Trail's End right up to midnight on Friday and Saturday night.

Now, they roll up the sidewalks at the Fort at 10 pm.

By any chance do you what loop you stayed in in 1991, when the photo of KFK bro was taken? Look how wooded it looks! This is how the Fort used to be- you couldn't see from one side of the loop to the next- or even into you neighbor's campsite most of the time. But, I see air potato vines! So, that problem apparently went way back.

TCD

TCD

I noticed the 89 Gazette was the Pioneer Hall edition too. I don't recall or have anything different.

No more Gazette!? OH NO! There's another tragic Fort casualty. I am pretty sure we got one last year in July/Aug. I'll have to double check. That stuff is still in the camper. :rotfl:

Pizza after 10 pm would be fantastic! Much better than a cold sammie after a long day in the MK.

The KFK family was in the 900 Loop the year of the KFB fishing photos. At least if the photos were from 1991. They may be from 1993. I will have to do a recheck on that when I'm back at mom's. I remember the Fort being much more wooded as well. A rotten tree fell a few years ago and missed DH by inches, so some of the clearing out is OK w/us. It wasn't a HUGE tree, but if it had landed on DH's head it could've been very, very bad just the same.

KFK

I know there has been talk about and I see it in the Gazette about a beach snack bar. Well after talking to my wife she remembers that snack bar and yes it was in the building where you rent the boats. Disney must have closed is sometime after they stopped letting people swim in the lake because there were less people going to the beach

I know there has been talk about and I see it in the Gazette about a beach snack bar. Well after talking to my wife she remembers that snack bar and yes it was in the building where you rent the boats. Disney must have closed is sometime after they stopped letting people swim in the lake because there were less people going to the beach

Your wife is right! I remember it too, though the KFParents were entirely too frugal to buy us food from there at the time. We ate before going to swim (at least 1 hour before) and KFM brought snacks for later. To this day the KFFamily still takes their own snacks wherever possible. ;)

This might get confusing, but I wanted to share some photos that just showed up on another thread.

This is for you Walrus/Hispaniola conspiracy theorists:

BTW... you used to be able to climb about on the ship wreck way back before the ship became an insurance liability.

These were taken in 1977.

You can see the curving, carved, wood feature pretty good on the bow of the boat in the first photo.

And, it appears that the long pole that we saw in early photos is still intact. Which adds further weight to my hypothesis that it was the hippies from Pablo Cruise who broke this.

And while we are looking at that first photo, can anyone tell me what is going on in the area that is circled in red in this photo?:

DI2-1.jpg

It looks like water shooting up- like fountains. I think this might be in the area of River Country, but I have never heard or seen anything about fountains in Bay Lake.

Does anyone have any recollection or information about this?

TCD

And while we are looking at that first photo, can anyone tell me what is going on in the area that is circled in red in this photo?:

DI2-1.jpg

It looks like water shooting up- like fountains. I think this might be in the area of River Country, but I have never heard or seen anything about fountains in Bay Lake.

Does anyone have any recollection or information about this?

TCD
To me, it looks like the RC beach is visible in the background on the right side of that photo. if so, then I think what you are seeing may be in the vicinity of the FW Marina. Did they rent small sail boats back then? Like little Hobie's?

I was just going to say that is the old rental sail boat if you look very very close you can see the tops of the lake patrol boats at FW marina . RC is right behind their backs between the two shuttle boats

My dad rented a sail boat every trip. I miss the sail boats.

Here are the only retro pics that I can find. They must be on a cd somewhere. In the meantime, here are my mom's 3 favorite pics of me at WDW. She even printed them out as 4x6s in a frame for me for Christmas one year.

They are taken back to back. Here I am with my daddy. I am enjoying my first character parade. This would be in November of 82. :)

StephanieparadeWDW1.jpg

StephanieparadeWDW2.jpg

StephanieparadeWDW3.jpg

I have no clue who the boy in the hat is. Wonder what he would do if he knew that his picture has a permanent place in my hall. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter