Ignore. Just practicing posting pics

wdw1972_p1.jpg

Man, what fun extras Disney used to offer! I definitely remember the rental sailboats and the skiing shows! We may have one pic of goofy on skis. Who remembers characters at RC. I have a pic of dad w/Mr. Smee. At first I thought it might be from the Poly, but it's def from RC! I may need to scan that one.

BTW.....cute pics YodaGirl!

Did anyone notices Fantasy in the Sky fireworks were over the Seven Seas Lagoon and not over the castle in 1972

Did anyone notices Fantasy in the Sky fireworks were over the Seven Seas Lagoon and not over the castle in 1972

No I didn't. Thanks for pointing that out. That's why it pays to read the fine print. I wonder why it says that. Did they not do the fireworks over the castle in the very, very early days? I only remember them from the castle. Very curious.

I also like that they offered "complimentary" readmission to the MK if you left the park to see the skiing show. "Complimentary"! How is it complimentary if you've already paid for your ticket? Very curious indeed.

OMG! That photo is precious!

Were y'all from Kentucky in 1982?

It almost looks like your dad has a Kentucky Waterfall going there (but not quite).

I've got to find my dad's pictures. I am pretty sure I saw the water ski show at one time. I vaguely remember sitting on a grassy area.

I'm glad to see you found your way over to this thread.

I know you have some old photos.

So, yes, please go and find you dad's pictures!!!!

Man, what fun extras Disney used to offer! I definitely remember the rental sailboats and the skiing shows! We may have one pic of goofy on skis. Who remembers characters at RC. I have a pic of dad w/Mr. Smee. At first I thought it might be from the Poly, but it's def from RC! I may need to scan that one.

You "may" need to scan that one?

Are you kidding?

Fire that scanner up KFK!

I want to see if KFD has a plaid bathing suit!

I remember seeing that. My mom has pics, too. Somewhere along the line her photo album was misplaced. :eek: I'll have to find it and scan some pics.

Indeed you do need to look for the lost photo album! Maybe your mom rocks, too?

TCD

1226034962_1cffedfdbf-1.jpg

During the 1970s, Fort Wilderness guests did not have to go past the edge of their campsite for grocery supplies. Two FOT's (Funny Old Trucks) traveled from site to site each morning and evening, selling fruits and vegetables, bakery goods, milk and the like from built-in racks and crates. One truck was made from parts of several other vehicles. The other was an actual antique: a 1928 Double A Ford. Guests knew the trucks were coming by the sounds of an old "ah-ooo-gah" car horn or a cowbell clanging just beyond the trees.

I remember vaguely seeing the watershow. Until this thread I had forgotten about it. Next time you all monorail - look for the walkway to nowhere from MK to almost GF. I wonder if this was built for the early days of viewing the watershow?

No that was a GREAT Disney scam called the walk around the world you could buy a brick with your name or families name on it for I think $500 and the walkway was going to extend wall the way around 7 seas lagoon

No that was a GREAT Disney scam called the walk around the world you could buy a brick with your name or families name on it for I think $500 and the walkway was going to extend wall the way around 7 seas lagoon

Eh, for once they weren't THAT expensive. I think they were $89 for the standard ones and $129 for the fancy ones.

We don't have a brick, but we do have a tile on the monoliths at Epcot

clkelley you are right price $85-295. You got love Disney having guest pay for their new walkway great scam

You "may" need to scan that one?

Are you kidding?

Fire that scanner up KFK!

I want to see if KFD has a plaid bathing suit!

TCD

OK, I'll scan the pic, but I must tell you up front that the swimsuit is sadly not plaid. In fact it is an up close pic and I don't think you can even see the swimsuit. I knew you'd be let down and disappointed so I just wanted to prepare you. :laughing:

If you need your name to be written on WDW property.... A Sharpie marker is much cheaper. :laughing:

It couldn't have been that good of a scam if they never finished it! :rotfl:

:rotfl2:

They took your money and had to finish it by court order

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Rudy the dog has his name on a walkway and all it cost us was a night say about $30
PnutJune28043.jpg

Rudy the dog has his name on a walkway and all it cost us was a night say about $30

Rudy has pretty good handwriting for a dog!

Where might someone see this memorial?

It looks like a campsite.

But, which one?

TCD

PnutJune28043.jpg

This could now become iconic...right up there with the lawnmower tree. I'm gonna go and visit "The official autograph of Rudy the Dyslexic Dog" on my upcoming trip. $30.00 wasn't so bad, in fact it was quite a bargain....Rudy got his name on a FW CS walkway and the price included a night's stay at the Fort. ;) (Wish I could get that package deal for $30 per night.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter