Ignore. Just practicing posting pics

Told you there this thread could not be ignored. We just can't leave a thread name like this alone!

Very very cool pictures!!!!

And there are NO otters at the Fort, there have been rumors for years, but have never been photographed or substantiated! Deb will swear at me, and tell everyone that they are there. But don't believe her, she just doesn't want to admit, that she made up the otter spotter title to make herself feel special... :lmao:

:rotfl2: I had my suspicions about the otters, but I didn't want to gossip! :lmao: Glad I wasn't ignored...I'm enjoying the silly and the serious. :thumbsup2 Looking forward to sharing more pics as they are found in the old, neverending archives of mom's photo albums plus a few of my own from the digital age.

I don't either, but I'm not sure I count. :)

Wine, on the other hand.... :cheer2:
Of course you count! I guess there are a few more of us than I realized. I have to admit...I'm even luvin' my beer drinkin' fellow fiends.

I'm so glad I ignored this! Your pics are awesome!!

Thanks for ignoring me. Glad you enjoyed the pics!

JUST CURIOUS: DID ANYONE ELSE EVER STAY IN A FORT WILDERNESS TRAILER?

I'm glad I didn't ignore :confused3 What do you expect. Beer, Wine & Otter and some Awesome picture oh yeah and to start it off with ingnore This thread is off to a great start!
Love Those Pics!

Ignored and enjoyed. Is there any beer left?:confused3

Boy, am I glad I didn't ignore this thread!

What great photos!

I love the plaid pants!

I love the shot of the interior of one of the rental trailers.

Magnificent color scheme!

Just like the Brady Bunch's house!

That shot from Discovery Island is priceless!

And I am intrigued by that shot. There is still a shipwreck on that island, but the boat currently there looks way smaller than this one you are standing on.

Another mystery?

If you have any old FW photos, please do not hold back!

TCD

I gotta tell ya Kim,,I do like them plaid pants,:thumbsup2,
I wonder if they were made by Sansabelt ?

Now,,where are the fish'n pictures ? popcorn::

DSC_3400.jpg
[/IMG]

Nothing to see here move along

Boy, am I glad I didn't ignore this thread!

What great photos!

I love the plaid pants!

I love the shot of the interior of one of the rental trailers.

Magnificent color scheme!

Just like the Brady Bunch's house!

That shot from Discovery Island is priceless!

And I am intrigued by that shot. There is still a shipwreck on that island, but the boat currently there looks way smaller than this one you are standing on.

Another mystery?

If you have any old FW photos, please do not hold back!

TCD
Wow, compliments from the master historian/investigative reporter/TR Genius Extraordinaire....I am truly humbled and honored. Should I refer to you as Honorable Grasshopper? ;) Seriously, thanks for the reply. I agree that the shipwreck looks smaller these days....perhaps an investivation is in order!? Then again there's not much, if any, sandy beach left either. Very curious indeed. I will dig up as many old Fort pics as possible. (There may even be a few River Country pics to be found.)

I gotta tell ya Kim,,I do like them plaid pants,:thumbsup2,
I wonder if they were made by Sansabelt ?

Now,,where are the fish'n pictures ? popcorn::

I think my mom may have actually made the lovely plaid pants. Designs by Shirley. :laughing: At least they stayed together....unlike the year of the Christmas pants, but that's a story for another time. :rotfl:

Don't know if there are any Fort fishin' pics.......YET. This is the year! We SHALL fish at the Fort! May have some from Thurmond Lake or Hunting Island CG if ya don't mind they're not from the Fort. Incidentally, just last weekend my brother caught a 48 inch something or other. Not sure what kind. From what I hear the battle was like something off River Monster! :lmao: I'm gonna Have to post that pic for sure!

ADD: I found these just a while ago. They're not goldie oldies, but they are interesting...a few things out of FW past.

Security at the Fort....somebody had to keep an eye on the hippies! The Fort MUST
be magical. Where else can a girl randomly take a picture of a good looking guy on a horse
for no apparent reason and hubby doesn't get mad? 1997

KSCN0032.jpg

Minnie Moo....The Cow"Belle" of the Ball 1997
KSCN0033.jpg

13months old and reading the Fort signs already! Genius! 2004
KSCN0034.jpg

Our final peacock sighting. 2004 Still looking for proof of FW otters.
KSCN0035.jpg

Oh Great and Elusive Disney Mole, I beseech Thee.....Please, oh please bring back the sign!
KSCN0036.jpg

KFK (you now have a cool three letter handle):

More great photos! I never saw the horseback security patrol. Too bad they aren't still around. It might help keep undesirables from wandering into unauthorized areas of the Fort.

I meant to comment about the otters.

I have been to the Fort plenty.

I have been all over the Fort.

And I mean all over.

That's no exaggeration.

And the only otter I have ever seen was a stuffed one sitting on the dash of some weirdo's RV.

(Sorry Deb/Des1954, I know it was your RV, and that you really aren't that weird, but the word weirdo seemed appropriate) (I mean, really, you are toting around a big stuffed otter) (And as if that isn't weird enough, you dress that thing in clothes)(I know weirdo is harsh, but what else can I say?).

But, my DD's insist that they saw a pair of otters swimming around Discovery Island.

So, I believe that there are otters at the Fort.

Somehow, no matter how much beer I bring, the cooler is always empty when I leave.

So, it has to be the otters.

TCD

KFK it is! I still may need more susbstantial proof of the otters than an empty cooler....I'm not a professional investigator, but that sounds mighty suspicious....mighty suspicious indeed! I really want to believe. I REALLY do! I will take my otter spotting binoculars next trip and conduct my own investigation.

BTW: More old pics coming soon....possibly later this evening!

Hey kampfirekim, your instructions worked. It's my first reply with a photo. Thanks for your help.
It's at the "Mickey Motorhome Graphic" thread.

This is cool! It's a "non-trip report" trip report. Great pics! Can't wait for more popcorn::

BTW - my dad had pants like that too. I guess every generation has it's own fashion fau-paux (Except for the 80's of course... ;)) Just think of what the kids growing up now will have to explain... "Hey dad? Why are your underwear sticking out of your pants. Were you too poor to afford a belt to hold them up?" :lmao:

This is cool! It's a "non-trip report" trip report. Great pics! Can't wait for more popcorn::

BTW - my dad had pants like that too. I guess every generation has it's own fashion fau-paux (Except for the 80's of course... ;)) Just think of what the kids growing up now will have to explain... "Hey dad? Why are your underwear sticking out of your pants. Were you too poor to afford a belt to hold them up?" :lmao:

"Pants on the ground, pants on the ground...Lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground." :lmao:

As promised, here are a few more from the archives..
This one is RC 1990
f86a3805.jpg

Ok TCD...Here are my bros at the shipwreck. In 1983 it still looked bigger than now.
KSCN0037.jpg

No one knows if this is D.I. or R.C. 1983
KSCN0039.jpg

Yep, that's me KFK coming down the slide! My fave!
KSCN0040.jpg

My bro on the tube flume
KSCN0042.jpg

KSCN0043.jpg

!
Wow! I really miss RC. What a pity my boys will never get to experience it! It would be absolutely perfect for them! I didn't expect to feel emotional posting these, but I DO! I really didn't expect this thread to go this far...thanks everyone for enjoying a stroll down my memory lane with me. (BTW, mom was so excited that her old pics are a hit! Makes her feel proud.) I have a few more pics from the Fort to post. Sadly growing up, we mostly stayed in the hotels so while our WDW pics are vast, the Fort pics are somewhat limited. Proudly since 2004 we are a Fort only family! (2004, 2005,2006,2007,2008,2009 and the Good Lord willing 2010.) When the vintage runs out, I'll be more than happy to share some more modern pics. Feel free to share yours too!

One final note: In my great search through my memory and the photo albums of trips past...I have found ducks, squirrels, cranes, snakes, armadillos, and peacocks, but oddly no otters. Not even one, nada, zilch, nuttin', not a trace of an otter. I am not trying to cast a shadow of doubt on their existence at the fort...I'm just sayin'......:confused3 KFK

I enjoyed ignoring these old pics.:thumbsup2

For the record I am 34 years old, and I would rock a set of those plaid pants given the opportunity.:banana:

As for the otters I have seen a few while on the boat to MK....fo realz.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter