I'm a visual learner...tie dye?

Thank Pixie!
Has anyone used ribbed tanks? Do they turn out ok?

I think that one is ribbed ♥ this one is too...

IMG_1530.jpg

I'm getting really peeved with my stuff. I put countless rubberbands around the MM heads and have them so tight it hurts my fingers to loop them one more time :rotfl2: but I STILL cannot get clear white definition like your's and I'm two steps from tossing them all out the frappin window. GRRRRRRRR and the trip is 3 weeks from Friday.

I'm getting really peeved with my stuff. I put countless rubberbands around the MM heads and have them so tight it hurts my fingers to loop them one more time :rotfl2: but I STILL cannot get clear white definition like your's and I'm two steps from tossing them all out the frappin window. GRRRRRRRR and the trip is 3 weeks from Friday.

Oh I'm sorry :hug: don't feel bad, even for me sometimes I don't get the white line :confused3 I'd noticed that with the blue and green I don't get the line like I do with the reds, orange, purple... I don't know why but it happens to me too :headache:

Thanks for all the great pics! I picked up all my supplies and I'm going to give it a shot this weekend! Love the pillowcase :thumbsup2

Part of it is also not over-saturating the Mickey part so the dye wicks up. Are you leaving the shirt damp after soaking in the soda ash solution? Sometimes dry fabric wicks more. When I did these, I'd spin mine out in the washer which left just enough moisture. Something else you can do is the bleach technique (spray bleach solution mentioned earlier) if you want to lighten the area around the Mickey or correct any boo-boos.

I'm leaving them wet after soaking. Maybe I'm just using too much dye on the mm head. Who knows. I do know I'm getting pissed though :rotfl2: Gonna try one more time then I'm done. Making this southern girl growwwwwllllllllllllll. :rotfl2:

Yes, wet is fine, not dripping but wet and try less dye, put a little but kind spread it with your hand a little and you can tell when you have enought. Good Luck and I know it gets frustrating sometimes, just take a break and have fun.

After you baste Mickey, when do you pull out the dental floss that you used to baste him with?

Must you do a Mickey on the front and back?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter