I'm.........

I'm attempting to stay awake and up all day and cutting down on the pain meds.

Oh Kathy, keep posting. I hope your pain subsides.

Thanks bobbi!

The pain has lessened some but any sudden movement of my shoulder is bad. I have succeeded in cutting down from 3 pain pills at a time to 2.

Never had so much pain after a surgery so I wasn't mentally prepared.

Thanks bobbi!

The pain has lessened some but any sudden movement of my shoulder is bad. I have succeeded in cutting down from 3 pain pills at a time to 2.

Never had so much pain after a surgery so I wasn't mentally prepared.
I came here specifically to see how you are today, Kathy. Please take the pain meds if they help. It is not abuse if you need them and they help. They are given for a reason.:flower3:

I came here specifically to see how you are today, Kathy. Please take the pain meds if they help. It is not abuse if you need them and they help. They are given for a reason.:flower3:

You make a good point bobbi and I am definitely not one to refuse pain meds. I just hate to take so much....!

You make a good point bobbi and I am definitely not one to refuse pain meds. I just hate to take so much....!
I understand. I think that recovery from the surgery you have had is more painful than from my bilateral knees.

Last edited:
I understand. I think that recovery from the surgery you have had is more painful than from my bilateral knees.

That's what I've read! I had shoulder surgery about 10 years ago and it was so painless compared to this one. Doesn't help that we're all older now either!

But I feel good today and switched back to my regular pain meds. I could never be addicted to oxycontin; did almost nothing for me.

How are you doing bobbi?

OxyContin did not particularly help me either.

Tom and I decided to take a detour through West Virginia, and get baths and massages at Berkeley Spring SP tomorrow.

We hope house inspection today is not problematic. We do not expect it to be.

OxyContin did not particularly help me either.

Tom and I decided to take a detour through West Virginia, and get baths and massages at Berkeley Spring SP tomorrow.

We hope house inspection today is not problematic. We do not expect it to be.

Hope you enjoy the springs Bobbi. That's a pretty area as well. Best wishes as to house inspection!

Finally got to take the bulky bandages off today and hopefully will start PT within 2 days. Yeah!!!

Thinking of you Kathy. Our trip to Berkeley Springs was wonderful. I love the Roman bath and the massage was a good one. Had you been to a spa there?

I hope your PT goes well.

Never been there but I did stay at a big resort near there, The Woods, for a few conferences. That area is lovely. We actually looked at some houses in the area but high level medical care is far away as well as decent grocery stores and of course, no fast food delivery! :sad2:

I had my first PT but today's was cancelled due to our snow and ice (the first snow since early January!).

Are you in NJ now bobbi?

I'm already feeling emotional and when I found out my succulent had died, that's when the tears came out.

I'm doing my shoulder exercises faithfully; starting to notice a bit of progress.

I'm already feeling emotional and when I found out my succulent had died, that's when the tears came out.

Welcome Jaspers to the Games board:welcome:

Not quite sure what to make of your comments Jaspers.......since we don't know you yet on the Games board.

Welcome Jaspers to the Games board:welcome:

Not quite sure what to make of your comments Jaspers.......since we don't know you yet on the Games board.
Thank you! :thanks:
I've been posting around here a bit at times but there have also been many times when I've taken a break from posting so it's understandable I'm still really unknown.

I'm back from the cruise.....LOVE those islands!!
But came back to the sad news that MIL died on Friday, so busy making plans for DH to go to CA for the funeral. DS and DD are going also.
I will stay here and help with the grandkids.

I'm back from the cruise.....LOVE those islands!!
But came back to the sad news that MIL died on Friday, so busy making plans for DH to go to CA for the funeral. DS and DD are going also.
I will stay here and help with the grandkids.

Nancy - Glad to hear you had a great cruise.

I'm very sorry to hear about MIL....my sympathy and prayers for your DH and your family. :hug: I hope you all had a chance to see her before the cruise but even if not, I'm sure she knew you all loved her; mothers always do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter