Important Dining Information!!!

Is it neccessary to make reservations to be able to eat....like at DW you just can't get into a restaurant anymore without resi? We're going in 6 days, should I get on the phone?

jamimoore@mchsi.com said:
Is it neccessary to make reservations to be able to eat....like at DW you just can't get into a restaurant anymore without resi? We're going in 6 days, should I get on the phone?

I never had a reservation anywhere, except NBA City during the finals. We ate at Margaritaville, Pastamore, and Mythos without reservations. We ate early, and didnt have to wait.

schoolmarm said:
If you are staying on site you can show your room key and get next available seating. You WILL need reservations for Emeril's at City Walk or Emeril's Tchoup Chop at the Royal Pacific.

Just in case anyone is interested....we just got back and stumbled upon the most wonderful restaurant in all of Universal. It's at IOA and called confiscos. We found that most of the restaurants had very similar menus and were pleasantly surprised when we found something a little different on our 4th day. They have a wonderful shaded patio that overlooks the Seuss area and the best part....14.99 pitchers of Sangria. Now, when I say pitcher, I mean a big, honkin' pitcher....10 full glasses is what we got out of it. And the half pitcher is only 9.99 for 5 glasses. The food is wonderful and the service was great. If you're going, I wouldn't miss it...we ended up going back twice we liked it so much. We tried all the other ones that everyone says to ....Mythos...I'm not sure why but several of the CW weren't open at lunch time even though the info guide said they should have been. It was just simply our best experience...we loved it! We also found a great Indian restuarant just outside of the resort if anyone's interested.

OOh i like the sound of Confiscos! I LOVE sangria! Think we'll be trying that out in Sep! Where abouts is this Indian restaurant?

schoolmarm said:
Just in case anyone is interested....we just got back and stumbled upon the most wonderful restaurant in all of Universal. It's at IOA and called confiscos. We found that most of the restaurants had very similar menus and were pleasantly surprised when we found something a little different on our 4th day. They have a wonderful shaded patio that overlooks the Seuss area and the best part....14.99 pitchers of Sangria. Now, when I say pitcher, I mean a big, honkin' pitcher....10 full glasses is what we got out of it. And the half pitcher is only 9.99 for 5 glasses. The food is wonderful and the service was great. If you're going, I wouldn't miss it...we ended up going back twice we liked it so much. We tried all the other ones that everyone says to ....Mythos...I'm not sure why but several of the CW weren't open at lunch time even though the info guide said they should have been. It was just simply our best experience...we loved it! We also found a great Indian restuarant just outside of the resort if anyone's interested.

How was Mythos? Also - looking at one of your prior posts - did you end up calling for ressies or did you "wing it" and just flash the room key?

We are leaving in 6 days (sounds like your post, huh!) and while all my WDW ressies were madeback at 180 days, LOL, I have NO ressies for US/IOA! Was hoping to dine at: Nascar, NBA, HRC, Mythos.... (and now maybe Confiscos, LOL!) And of course the usual counter-stuff. ANybody have a feel for those - should I make a call, or nah?

Also - what is the discount for those places with an AP - is it 10 or 15% off? Also have an AA, but guess I'll just have to ask everywhere I go who takes what, huh.

Good Afternoon fellow Universal Lovers..I just wanted to stop by and INVITE all of you to Cheer on our Favorite Team competing in the Upcoming WPASADI Tournament!!!! We really Need Cheerleaders and the team is representing the Universal, SeaWorld and Orlando Hotels!! We would really appreciate your support of the team! If you follow the Discussion Forums to the WPASADI Hangout Forums You will find Our Thread. Please Stop by and introduce youself and let's all have some fun!!! Hope to see you all there!!! :cheer2: :thumbsup2

Hi all! We will be going to Universal for 1 day (haven't been in 10 years). What would you suggest doing for meals while we are there, we have 3 little ones, 7 yo twins and a 3 yo. Should we take the meal deal?

Okay, so this is the only character mean in UNI or IOA right? We are staying off property at the Vistana resort on Buena Vista Blvd, do you think a 9:30 reservation will be okay or would we have to RUSH to get there? We didn't plan any breakfasts because we didn't want to take time out in the morning - what do you all think?

there is a character breakfast at IOA which includes the superheros.

we had a thread on it last year.
i'll have to go back and see where it was and try to put the link here on it.

We just made reseversations for Tchoup Tchoup on Sunday!! EEEEE

After reading this thread, I want to try Mythos as well. Where is it located in IOA?

We just made reseversations for Tchoup Tchoup on Sunday!! EEEEE

After reading this thread, I want to try Mythos as well. Where is it located in IOA?

Mythos is in the lost continent on the left side if you enter thru seuss landing. Enjoy your meals! :)

Just wanted to chime in and say that we dined for the first time at Lombards, Mythos and Tchoup Tchoup this past weekend and Lombards was our favorite (food, service and view were amazing) It easily was the best meal I have ever eaten in a them park.

We also reeeely enjoyed Mythos...especially the chicken wrap.

Tchoup Tchoup, well we were disappointed in, but to each his err her own, right? =)

You may now make priority seatings at Universal restaurants up to 30 days in advance....

The following restaurants allow you to make priority seatings...

- Confisco Grille
- Mythos
- Lombard's Seafood Grille
- Motown Cafe
- Margarittaville
- Latin Quarter
- Pastamore

You can make reservations by calling the "Dining Line" at 407-224-9255.

The reservations line is open 365 days per year from 8am-7pm.

Happy Eating!

:bounce:

Has this list changed? any new restaurants available for ressies?
Thanks

Just wanted to chime in and say that we dined for the first time at Lombards, Mythos and Tchoup Tchoup this past weekend and Lombards was our favorite (food, service and view were amazing) It easily was the best meal I have ever eaten in a them park.

We also reeeely enjoyed Mythos...especially the chicken wrap.

Tchoup Tchoup, well we were disappointed in, but to each his err her own, right? =)

Could you tell us more about the view at Lombard's? We haven't eaten there yet. Are there any locations that are better than another? TIA :)

I will be taking my 2 grandchildren ( 10 and 6) and staying at PBR for 3 nights in August (before Disney) Besides a super hero breakfast I dont know where to eat..We will not have a car and my DD and I do not eat red meat. I may try to get the meal plan for a least one day, probably the last full day. What would you experts suggest? I know how to navigate at Disneyworld, here I am a novice! :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter