Inaugural 3/31/12 Fantasy Cruise

Jenngoofys

Goofyjenn
Since Disney will be keeping April 7th 2012 as a sail date I thought I would start a new Thread for everyone who switches over to the MV date. Welcome Aboard!!

1/27/11 Update : FE list - calypso726 -
If you have switched or booked the new MV date and have not signed up for the FE group but wish to participate, please let me know so I can add you to the list. If you wish to be in the FE group please send me an e-mail at FantasyMV@gmail.com
In the e-mail send me your stateroom number, Disboard name, first name of each person in the stateroom, realtionship to you (DH, DW, DD, DS, etc) ages and gender of children. For example here is mine:

stateroom: 7182
Disname: calypso726
First name: Terrie (DW)
Disname: W@LL-E
First name: Wally (DH)

Updated 3/4/12 - Sign up for FE is Now Closed thank you all :)

Mini Meet Sheet - http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...xUyuSeHVs4kSAi1Ici8GYU-0ckA/edit#&h=3AQFDqFyD

2/14/11 Update - Dis Names - Real Names link - http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=39941646&postcount=374

12/4/11 Update - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Lanyards - http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=43405262&postcount=1494

12/4/11 Update - TASTINGS - join the list group

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I did this for the 2011 Pacific REPO, as well as Inaugural Alaska cruises. I know I have not been as active on this thread as others, but I have been following on FB.

Here's what I have offered to do (on FB):

1) Take the name and stateroom number of anyone who MAY have interest in participating in PUBLIC DCL tastings ... whether they be BEER, WINE, TEQUILA, CHAMPAGNE, MARGARITA (etc).

2) Tell me WHICH tasting you would consider attending (please be specific), and an estimate of how many total guests will join you from your stateroom (as well as your stateroom number).

3) When I get my Navigator (between 2nd dinner seating and bed time), I will call those who have expressed an interest in the specific tasting. I will leave a voice mail message for you ... for the tasting the following day ... MERELY as a reminder.
- If you are able to make it - GREAT!
- If you have alternate plans - NO PROBLEM.
- If you want to visit the tasting (as a spectator), that's fine as well!

4) YOU, will be required to register with DCL (as may be required), including, payment of any registration fees. DCL will often let guests register at the beginning of the event. DCL has previously permitted multiple guests (ie: spouses, etc.) to register as a single participant (ie: if only one wishes to participate - single serving offered - no extra glasses, plus a spectator guest). In some instances, the spectator has been known to split the drinks (it's not up to me, I make no promises or provisions).

5) This is NOT a DIS-only event. However, feel free to participate, or visit ... to create a mini-DIS-social event.

6) In the event your have a last minute change in stateroom number (port, etc), please alert me of the change once onboard, by message in my stateroom #9547.

7) To recap, I collect NO MONEY and make no reservations. I will likely attend the Beer Tasting, but not the others (unless, as a spectator).

PLEASE send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE if you would like to *register* for ANY of the tastings. I will confirm via PM as well.

Lastly, it is not my intention to step on the toes of anyone else who may have already started to organize a similar activity. If an event is already underway ... please let me know (via PM).

Steven (sdlong329)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12/4/11 - Update Dismeets
A few Ideas are
Precruise - Animal Kingdom Villas Meet details TBA

Day one - Deck 13 Meeting at Currents 3pm - end

Midcruise - Small get together for Dis members - Fee applies
Post a message on the boards with ideas or feel free to PM me :)

We're still in!!!! At least I don't forsee any reason why we wouldn't be.

At least we've knocked a week off of our countdown!:banana:

I know I feel the same way One week less to wait!! This date works out better for what us we were doing the cruise for my Husbands 40th Birthday which is April 5th so now we will actually be on the Cruise for his Birthday! I am so excited!!

I just had an e-mail from Dreams Unlimited giving us the option to move our reservation to March 31st or cancel without penalty. I have told them to go ahead and move our reservation. :goodvibes

Yay Glad you will still be with us!!

Thanks. I was a bit :scared1: :sad2: :sad1: :mad: when I thought I had booked flights that I wouldn't be able to change, until I realised that was for our trip to WDW next year as it is still far too early to book flights for 2012. :rotfl:

Thanks. I was a bit :scared1: :sad2: :sad1: :mad: when I thought I had booked flights that I wouldn't be able to change, until I realised that was for our trip to WDW next year as it is still far too early to book flights for 2012. :rotfl:

Hopefully they'll get all the changes out of the way before we all get our flights booked sometime next year. At the very least that's what travel insurance is for.

We are definitely still in for the MV! Definitely hope they don't move it after i make flight ressies. Yay one week closer :goodvibes.

Not sure I like the idea of them changing it on us. But you can still count us in. Not sure if our kids will be coming with us or not. Might be just the wife and I. Hey are they giving us any type of discount?

No Discounts or incentive to move to new date. we found out when we got our call yesterday. 12-22-10

Not sure I like thevidea of them changing it on us. But you can still count us in. Not sure if our kids will be coming with us or not. Migdht be just the wife and I. Hey are they giving us any type of discount?

I wouldn't count on it. The change is far enough out that it "shouldn't" be too much of an inconvenience, no flight changes, things like that. The only thing that might happen is it might come down in price a little bit since it isn't over Easter now, but it will still be at the premium rate since it's the MV.

We're also sticking with it! The move up a week actually is going to work to our advantage as we decided we could now do a 5-night sailing on the Dream beginning March 22, have 5 nights at WDW, and then do the MV for the Fantasy!

Very happy with the move!

Michael

Do you have to request to change to the new MV date or will DCL just move the reservation? When/how are they going to inform people of the change?:confused: We'll still be going on the MV - no matter when it is!:tongue:

Do you have to request to change to the new MV date or will DCL just move the reservation? When/how are they going to inform people of the change?:confused: We'll still be going on the MV - no matter when it is!:tongue:

They will either call you directly or if you're booked through a TA they will contact your TA. If you're booked through a TA I'd go ahead & let them know that you want to move to the new date that way your TA doesn't have to contact you & then contact DCL again.

Mickey&JoshNut & Seaulater are in!!!!!

I just heard from my travelling buddy that she switched our cruise to the March 31st MV....I'm super excited as March 31 is my birthday!!!!!

So happy to see everyone staying aboard :) I dont believe there will be any discount, and they are suposed to be calling each person booked on 4/7/12 to see if they would like to switch or stay with the 4/7/12. They said this will all take place before Dec 31 and thats when Disney Cruise line will have these cruises back online for people to join. Hope this helps everyone. Happy Holidays.

We are still in:goodvibes Just have to wait for DCL to call us back to confirm.

Does this mean we also knocked a week of the PIF date:scared1: One less week to save.
Mickey&JoshNut & Seaulater are in!!!!!

I just heard from my travelling buddy that she switched our cruise to the March 31st MV....I'm super excited as March 31 is my birthday!!!!!

Nice Bday celebration. Where in Ontario are you? We are in the Niagara Region.

Jon

Had a message from DCL when I got home from work today. Too bad their offices were closed when I got message. I will be calling tomorrow morning to be switched to the new MV date. Yeah!

We are still in:goodvibes Just have to wait for DCL to call us back to confirm.

Does this mean we also knocked a week of the PIF date:scared1: One less week to save.

Nice Bday celebration. Where in Ontario are you? We are in the Niagara Region.

Jon

Hadn't thought about that, but yeah, one less week to save. :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter