**Introduce yourself!!!**

Come on, where are all of the Americans? Hello, Michael age 33 married for 2.5 years to Alyssa810 (she frequents the WDW boards). Engaged at MK at WDW. We've been to DL 4 times(DLH), WDW 20ish times(WL, AKL, BWV, OKW, POR, POFQ, CS, CBR, POP) and DLP once (NBH+HI) as part of our honeymoon. We are DVC members as well as WDW AP holders. Alyssa is a fan of all things Disney where I'm more of a theme park guy and an avid pin trader. I didn't particularly enjoy DLP when I went but I don't think I gave the place a fair shake. I found it very difficult to keep from making side by side comparisons to WDW and DL which really isn't fair. DLP isn't WDW and I don't think it pretends to be. I'm in the planning stages of going back to DLP right now, possibly as soon as January and I'm giving myself plenty of time to enjoy the details. I will also be going back with a completely open mind. I find when talking to guests at the US parks that DLP still has a certain stigma about it. American Disney fans just don't seem that interested in going. In fact I can't imagine that my wife would have ever gone to DLP if I didn't make the decision. I tell people all of the time that from the East coast of the US that Paris is only about an hour longer than flying to DL and if you go at the right time of year it can be quite reasonable especially if you save your frequent flier miles but they never seem to care. Also the most popular question on this board that I have seen is about getting from CDG to DLP. I recommend renting a car. I thought driving in and around Paris and DLP was one of the highlights of my trip.

Hi
My name is Janine, I am 37 and I am married to Damian. We have been together 20 years, but finally just tied the knot at the most magical place on earth. It was lovely having Minnie & Mickey come to our wedding.

We have 2 beautiful girls, Laura aged 13 and Ellie aged 8.
My DH and I run a building business, and I work from home.
Our first trip to Disney was in 1994 to DLP, since then we have been to WDW twice and DLP another once. We plan to go next spring too.

I spend a lot of time over on the weddings board, but since I am going to DLP next year I plan on getting as much advice on here too!
Thanks everyone!, Janine XX

Woody here, from Los Angeles, California. Have have had annual passes to Disneyland in California, WDW in Florida, and DLP.

Woody

Hello!

I'm Tonya (35), originally from Chicago made my way to Brighton (okay Newhaven), via Geneva. Married to Ken (39) originally from Croydon.

We have one son, Wesley (3.5) and I have two stepddaughters, Katharine and Jessica who are just over 14.

My husband I had our first trip to WDW in January 2006. We left the kids at home as it was more of a fact finding trip to make sure they would enjoy it ;) We also ran, walked, skipped and crawled to the finish line of the marathon. We went back in August 2006 with the ids and had a fab time.

I am now planning three separate trips to DLP for 2007. One in February for my husband's 40th, one in April for my little one's 4th and one in August for the summer holidays.

I am a stay at home mom, with writing aspirations. My husband owns a plastics manufacturing company. The last few years he has jumped on the property ladder bandwagon - which he loves.

Until I met my husband I never had any interest in Disney and all the magic. One trip in January changed that forever.

Hi!

I'm Amanda, an American college student studying abroad in Rennes, France (about 2 1/2 hours by TGV west of Paris - in Bretagne) this semester. I study French and political science at the University of Tennessee (Go Big Orange!). I like to swing dance and go out with my friends, and I am loving it here in France! Belle is my favorite Disney character - makes sense, right? :sunny:

I love visiting WDW and I would love to make a weekend trip to Disneyland Paris sometime this semester - ideally in November/December to see Christmas decorations! (Since I have never been to WDW at Christmas time)

Anyway, I love reading the trip reports and I started browsing the "Disneyland Paris" thread to get some ideas about my possible trip, so I thought might as well stop lurking, register, and say hello! :wave2:

Unfortunately, not a lot of my fellow students here seem very interested in taking a trip! It is kind of expensive but I figure, hey, when will I have this kind of opportunity again??? :confused3

Also sort of curious if anyone on these boards is planning a trip or looking to meet up in the November/December time frame? Especially college students/20s? I speak French and I'm comfortable getting around, but I think it would be lonely and not nearly as much fun to spend a weekend or even a day at a park alone!

Anyway, thanks for all responses, hope to get to know some people here!

Amanda :earsgirl:

Hi Amanda, welcome to the DIS! :welcome:

Hope you get to make your trip. We went for Christmas last year and the decorations are fabulous! :love:

Hi Amanada and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, posting guidelines can be found here and details regarding help on signatures here

Glad you have went from lurker to poster :goodvibes

hi!
im your regular teen,
im a haunted mansion/phantom manor buff, disney fan, lover of all parks of disney(except that hong kong "park" eww!)
im not a dis newbie though, i hang round the vmk boards mostly.........

Hi Master Gracy and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions about Disneyland Paris then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, posting guidelines can be found here and details regarding help on signatures here

Hello to you all.

This is my first post on this great site. I am also a DisneylandAholic and have been 7 times in the past 3 years.

I live in South Wales with my Hubby and 8 year old daughter Emily.

We spent our first Christmas at The Newport Bay Hotel last year and had a fantastic time. As well as all the usual visitors we saw Santa, rudolf and many more. MAGICAL. :love:

We are off again on the 21st but this time staying at the Holiday Inn.

Cant wait to read more on this site. wll done to the forum moderators who are doing a great job. (I moderate a window cleaning forum of mostly men and I know how difficult it can be !! LOL )

Sarah

Hi

My name is Michelle and I am 27 and I am married to Bruce 29 (Gillsfan) and I have 3 children Callum 2 and Ethan 2 and Casey 6. My twin boys will be 3 in November and Casey will be 7 in December. An expensive winter for us. :teeth: I am an Auxhillary Nurse and I will soon be starting my studies to become a Qualified Nurse. DH is an Assistant Accountant.

I have been to WDW 5 times, Bruce 4 times, Casey twice and my twins once. We all have recently been to DLRP once in August. I first went to WDW in 1992 with my parents, uncle and cousin. We stayed in a villa and had a good time. My parents went again in 1995 and I decided to stay at home and look for a job after leaving school and because I could not leave my dh who was then bf at home for two weeks. Oh Bruce and I have been together for 12 years since I was 15.

Anyway I found my job and Bruce and I decided to go on holiday the following year. We were going to go so Spain, but my uncle suggested FL and we decided yeah great idea. We went to WDW together in 1996 and again 1998. 1996 always holds a special time in my heart my dh propsed to me down at DTD near a lake :love: We previously had a meal at Yacht Club.

We was going to WDW in 2000 for our anniversary, but I thought hey its not a honeymoon place. What was I thinking?????? :sad2: I dont know I must have been going through a mad phase. We went to Cancun and soon decided that beach holidays are not us.

We were desperate to go back to WDW, but simply could not afford it. Also I think because it was a few years since we had been the need had phased out. In May 2004 I went with Casey on my own and Bruce stayed at home to have the boys. I had a great time and Casey loved it. We only went for a week and it was brilliant. We stayed at ASMo and Casey loved the dalmations and Buzz. I came back with a massive Disney buzz and nagged Bruce until he booked for Oct 2005. It was hard for us at first until I returned back to work. We stayed at ASMo and had a great time and loved MNSSHP.

After WDW we wanted to go back this year but we simply could not afford it. Had a bit of a rubbish year to be honest with bills and things going wrong. I also decided to buy a new car. So we just could not afford it. We decided to give DLRP a try. When I was getting quotes my jaw hit the floor. Oh my £1,000 for 3 nights your joking. So I looked into camping at DLRP and found a great site close by. It cost us £86 for 4 nights. What a difference by doing it this way we saved £800. We went last August and had a great time. At first I hated it. I thought it was a cheap, rude rip off of WDW. I soon started to realise that it was its own park and loved it. By the last day I was not ready to come home I was really enjoying it. Now its me nagging Bruce who also is disney nut to go in November for a joint birthday. Bruce is unsure coz of xmas. Also Claire and I are organising a dis meet in June at DLRP. I cant wait I also hope to return to WDW in Oct 07.

If anyone is up for the meet pop over to the uk community board.

P8170125.jpg

P8150053.jpg

P8160095.jpg

P.S SORRY ITS SO LONG.

WOW sooo many people!!!!!!! taken me hours to read thru this post.. thought it only good manners to post a reply :P

Im Shawny, (23) *till oct 30th - the day we also go DLP :P* :banana: I work in retail and i live near Oswestry, in Shropshire. Im originally from a little town in warwickshire, Atherstone, which im SO glad to be out of :D

My partner Daley, (24) also lives nearby, and is a Chef :) he's the committed Disney Fan, im a newbie :P altho ive always loved cartoons :D

My first trip to DLP was with him for the St Patricks Celebrations, back in february. It was AWESOME! We're both looking forward to the Halloween trip very very much. :D

Will post some pics soon as i work out how to :D there's some of our trip in feb at the links in my signature thingie :D xx S&D

Hi :) My name is Laura and do you go on vmk and know any one that does? if so, then write back see ya later :)

Hi there :wave:

I've been around the boards for a while now- but only the last couple of years on Disneyland Paris one- and felt i should introduce myself properly. My name's Kate, I'm 21 and spend most of my childhood (and teenage) holidays in WDW. My DF states every year that he hates holidays but refuses to go anywhere but WDW- it's the only place he actually :)

After finishing uni in June i began working in mental health and came back to live at home in Chester- which has worked out surprisingly well. We're a very close family, although my DSister (23) has just moved out (she's not a disney fan in any way).

My last and next visit to DLP are with DM who denied she's a disney nut until last year when she bought an AK t-shirt and wears it proudly to the gym!!!! :Pinkbounc

sorry it's so long :guilty:

Hi everyone,

I'm Ema (32) married to Jeremy (34). We live in London with our two DDs, Mia (4.5) and baby Anya (12 weeks). I'm SAHM and have been since Mia was born and must admit even though its hard (we all know that), its great! I love being with my girls :grouphug:

We went to EuroDisney in June for the first time and had a fantastic time. Going back on the 15th and hope it'll be just as magical is if not better. Really look forward to the whole Xmas atmosphere.

Look forward to getting to know you lot :cool1: .

Ema xxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter