Is anyone going to Peru in 2008?

Hello everyone! My DH and I are booked for the Oct. 4-12 Peru Adventure. We are so excited and can't wait to go. I have been reading everything I can find on Peru, but I really haven't been able to find that much information. Does anyone have any suggestions on reading material?

Yay - our box from ABD came today for our June 3 trip! :cool1: So exciting. Two of those bulky messenger bags for the grown ups, and a cute Jr. Adventurer bag for dd.

There was a little countdown calendar for the fridge too - dd got so excited by the pictures of llamas on it. We'd better be able to love on these llamas, as focused as she's become on them!:rotfl:

How is everyone's couch to 5k program going? The thud you may have heard last month was me falling off the exercise wagon. I guess I need to get back on with only 43 days left!!!

I posted down below But here goes.
We are also booked on the June 3rd trip It will be the Wife and I, leaving the kids home this time, it is our 20th year of wedded bliss :thumbsup2
Send us a PM(if you want to) if you are going on this trip also it will be good to know some of the people going before we actually get there. Cameron

Yay! Another June 3-er!:cool1:

Congrats on 20 years - we are hitting 15 this summer.

DD10 is also coming on trip with us. Can't wait to meet you!

Finally got our box! The countdown begins.
We're arriving in Lima the night of 6/16/08..... we didn't want to arrive too late on 6/17/08. We're going to get our Hep A shots this week...
Looking forward to meeting tiggerk and family :)

Ok, getting slightly concerned about this Peru trip! I've called several times to try to make reservations for the extra activities (horse riding, mountain biking at Sol Y Luna). First I'm told I must speak to Tina the "Peru expert", who is mysteriously never there. Today she is there, but they won't put her on the phone and Patricia (I think they all just say their name is Patricia!) says Tina doesn't know anyway -despite telling me last week to call and ask for Tina this week because she was the only one does know!:confused3

Patricia suggested I call the hotel directly to book. I said I'd love to, but the schedule is so nebulous, I'm not sure exactly when to reserve. At this point she admits no one at ABD knows the schedule either, as this is a new trip!

She finishes with "will you please call me when you get back so I will know what to tell other guests?"

I'm praying to heaven and Walt that we don't get stranded somewhere in the Andes!;)

cajo901, we don't fly till the 17th. I was a little worried about finding our own way to the hotel and keeping busy for a day if we got in on the 16th. Now I am worried about all the airline troubles. I just hope there are no problems getting there. Once the plane takes off to peru, then I will breath a sigh of relief. Since we didn't book any extra days it will probably turn out to be someplace my kids love and want to explore more and I'll be kicking myself for flying all that way and not planning a few extra days.

we are heading to peru the june 11 until the 29th and going to cuzco the 17 to the 22 june so if somebody goes please let us know, we want to have fun!!!

to all of you going on the June 3 trip
Bon Voyage!
Have a great time! :)
Don't know whether or not you guys will get Chris as one of your guides; it's one of the tours he's doing this year, and he seemed VERY enthusiastic about it. If you do, you're in for a treat. Chris is great!

sayhello

to all of you going on the June 3 trip
Bon Voyage!
Have a great time! :)

Thanks a lot. We are looking forward to it.

For those going on any of the Peru trips, here are some tips:

Definitely bring both warm weather and cool weather clothes. It's pleasant during the day but can be brisk at night and I hear at least one dinner is outside. So I'm bringing a sweater, sweatshirt and a fleece.

Bring a bathing suit or something that you will want to wear underneath a wet suit ... which we need to wear for whitewater rafting (water is chilly).

Bring a hat so you don't get sunburned at M-P.

Bring some of your packed clothes on board just in case your luggage arrives late (which happened to me going to Costa Rica). Also, mix up the suitcases so every person traveling has clothes in each, again in case one or more suitcases get lost and no one will be stuck without clothes.

Adios,
Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter