Is Ohana going downhill?

The service was lousy. The meat was overcooked. The noodles were sticky and the pot stickers were mushy.

That is too bad. One of the reasons I never visited 'Ohana was because of the extremely inconsistent reviews. We've been about 5 times now and each time was really good. I am past due for a bad episode....

O’Hanna is like the Burger King of WDW restaurants but at least Burger King is not overrated. But then again some folks like the food in Burger King.

Our experience in late February was a disappointment. The meats were over cooked and the beef was tough and stringy. I stuck to dessert and potstickers. Service was laughably poor. We spent far more time waiting for skewers that we did eating. The guys were determined on taking advantage of the AYCE meats so we were there forever.

My experiences have been pretty poor - inc waiting for over an hour past our reservation time and when I spoke to a manager I got a boneheaded “well, people stay longer for the fireworks” - like it was the first ever night Disney had fireworks so there was simply no way to know it was going to happen .... Secondly the food is pretty poor quality - the ‘steak’ is usually terrible and all of it is often overcooked. Don’t get me wrong, when its done right, it is good and well worth the money. But it usually isn’t done right. Sometimes we do the Twilight Feast instead and have it in our room - and that’s normally pretty good (and then we don’t have to worry about the often slow service).

Personally I think Disney could do with a complete overhaul and, if neccessary, change Ohana to a 2 credit signature dining experience, similar to what they did with Le Cellier, to bring up standards. Making it signature could mean a much better and higher quality selection of cooked meats - less of a focus on quantity and more on quality and selection. I went to a restaurant with a similar concept (rodizio style), and they had a huge selection of skewered meats compared to Ohana’s three choices. It included (but not limited to): Sirloin, leg of lamb, baby top sirloin, filet mignon, short rib, flank, salmon, sausage, lamb chops, rib eye, swordfish, etc. There was also a huge fresh salad buffet.

Make it 2 credit so its less of a zoo and provides better service, and offer something like the above!

My experiences have been pretty poor - inc waiting for over an hour past our reservation time and when I spoke to a manager I got a boneheaded “well, people stay longer for the fireworks” - like it was the first ever night Disney had fireworks so there was simply no way to know it was going to happen .... Secondly the food is pretty poor quality - the ‘steak’ is usually terrible and all of it is often overcooked. Don’t get me wrong, when its done right, it is good and well worth the money. But it usually isn’t done right. Sometimes we do the Twilight Feast instead and have it in our room - and that’s normally pretty good (and then we don’t have to worry about the often slow service).

Personally I think Disney could do with a complete overhaul and, if neccessary, change Ohana to a 2 credit signature dining experience, similar to what they did with Le Cellier, to bring up standards. Making it signature could mean a much better and higher quality selection of cooked meats - less of a focus on quantity and more on quality and selection. I went to a restaurant with a similar concept (rodizio style), and they had a huge selection of skewered meats compared to Ohana’s three choices. It included (but not limited to): Sirloin, leg of lamb, baby top sirloin, filet mignon, short rib, flank, salmon, sausage, lamb chops, rib eye, swordfish, etc. There was also a huge fresh salad buffet.

Make it 2 credit so its less of a zoo and provides better service, and offer something like the above!
Brazilian meets Hawaiian on steroids? Second time I've heard the word "rodizio" in 72 hours: we dined at Fogo de Chao in Philly over the weekend.

Much like Le Cellier, I think that 'Ohana, would suffer at least in on line outrage were it to become a 2 credit eatery. Since it caters more to families I also suspect that much of it's core audience would disappear.

Brazilian meets Hawaiian on steroids? Second time I've heard the word "rodizio" in 72 hours: we dined at Fogo de Chao in Philly over the weekend.

Much like Le Cellier, I think that 'Ohana, would suffer at least in on line outrage were it to become a 2 credit eatery. Since it caters more to families I also suspect that much of it's core audience would disappear.

I’m sure there would be online outrage if it went to 2 credits. :) There is online outrage when Disney change anything... But while its ‘core audience’ may go - I suspect another audience would move in, and it would ultimately generate more $ for the mouse. I believe Poly is also one of the only deluxe resort (if not the only) without a signature dining restaurant. Since the Poly does already have QS (Captain Cooks and Oasis Grill) and TS (Kona) options, it seems like this would be a straight foward change for Disney to make, while still leaving a number of affordable choices for families.

I suspect the dining plan is one of the main issues why the quality of food remains low at O’hana. They can’t really up the cash price without also upping it to 2 credits - which would require an overhaul of the menu to justify a signature dining title.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter