Is there a DVC Resort you truly dislike?

Nope, there are things we like about all of them. Haven't stayed at HHI though but I suspect we'd think it was fine also.

We did not like OKW at all- it's definitely our last choice resort.

I was also underwhelmed by BLT- I felt like I was in a hotel furnished by IKEA.

WLV is at the bottom of my list (do not care to stay there again) and
and Treehouse Villas are the next to last for me (won't stay there until I have Grandkids that cause it to make sense).

Can't say there's one I dislike, but I do have my favorites. We also had a difficult stay our first DVC stay ever at OKW, and due to that have not returned to that resort. I don't dislike it though... just haven't given it a second chance as I've found others I love.

SSR is the bottom of our WDW DVC resort list and VB is near the bottom too. I won't say that we will never stay at either of them ever again...just that we will try not to...except we do want to try a treehouse villa once.

SSR is too plain and boring to us...just like any condo building. The bus situation was really horrible the one time we did stay there. And we're not overly into Downtown Dis.

VB was lovely but NOTHING nearby. It's very relaxing, if that's what you want...but for our active family (with 3 teens), relaxation is not top of the list...sigh! Maybe someday...just DH and I, though he too likes to go, go, go. Maybe someday, just me :cloud9:!!! Until then, we will hit HHI for our DVC beach trips for more action and we can drive there fairly easily.

I don't dislike any.

I haven't stayed at Wilderness Lodge, but have visited for the restaurants. We are lovers of the Northwest, but the Lodge theming doesn't make me feel like I'm there and kind of makes me sad I'm not, so it's probably the least favorite. I wouldn't plan on staying at Beach Club again, either. Just personal preference. I've walked around SSR and don't like it as much as OKW, which is home.

I can see why members would love any of them, even if they're not my top pick.

For us there are no resorts we'd avoid rather than staying at but there are some room types we'd avoid, mostly HC rooms.

SSR holds no appeal to me. It seems like the hottest place on earth. OKW while set up similarly has the mature landscaping to give shade. It doesn't help that SSR points can be higher than our BWV standard, AKV standard, or OKW. If points were the same it would be our last choice; to pay more seems crazy.
We are going next week and have a split stay which I try to avoid. We could have stayed the whole time at SSR but chose not to. Many nights there are still available next week while other resorts have a night open here and there if any.

WLV.....we will never stay there again. We were booked there for 4 nights last Sept and we tried to check out and move before we even unpacked. They are right next to a swamp and it had just rained...the villas were covered in tree frogs...there were everywhere and jumping on people as you walked by.

They were jumping down the hallways every time someone came though the automatic doors. We also had a ground floor room and I opened the curtains only to see them covered all over the glass doors:eek:

We tried to get moved to another resort and all the DVC rooms were totally booked. We had to spend one night there and I couldn't sleep at all because I was so scared they would come through the bottom of the door.

The next day they were able to move us "home" to AKV and we were much happier but we lost an entire day of vacation playing musical resorts.

Whispering Canyon also used to be a "must do" for us, however, since the menu change we will not go back.

SSR is also at the bottom for us, we have never stayed there nor do we care too. Its way too big and l also agree that it looks like a giant apartment complex.

I wouldn't go so far as to say we dislike them, but there are a few resorts that are the bottom of our preference list. Neither OKW or AKV really clicked for us.

I hate the ones I do not own at, but wish to.
I hate the ones I have not stayed at, but want to.

They are my white whales.

I would say my least favorite would be BLT. Not a fan of high rise hotels, and even less a fan of the boring decor there. Add to that the fact that MK is our least traveled to park, and it makes little to no sense for us to stay there.

We did not like OKW at all- it's definitely our last choice resort.

I was also underwhelmed by BLT- I felt like I was in a hotel furnished by IKEA.

Completely agree on BLT, it was also very noisy, seems like we could hear everybody's conversation walking in the hallway by our room. :crazy2:
On the other hand; OKW is one our our favorites, very peaceful & large rooms. Olivia's is always on our list for dinner. ::yes::

BLT for me.

I travel a lot for business, and other than the physical location of BLT, it looks and feels no different than many Hilton and Marriott business hotels I have stayed in.

Unlike other Disney resorts there is no real theme or even an attempt at place making or story. In my opinion it goes against everything Disney Imagineering has stood for over the years.

If you dropped BLT down in the middle of any major city, no one would bat an eye at it, or think it was unique or different.

I do understand that there is a large group of people who have nostalgic childhood memories of The Contemporary, so I understand the draw for them, just not my cup of tea.

AKV. We stayed there one night and enjoyed Boma's, the lobby, the savanna view rm, but once is enough. I prefer looking out on water and the savanna was just so.......blah........

Stayed in studio one night at OKW and didn't like it at all. The view was the woods ....i probably would have liked it better if the view was different. I also thought the room was very dated and boring. Couldn't wait to leave.

I do LOVE BLT, BW and BC and VB and know I'll love VGF! And Poly!:banana:

We've had at least moderately good experiences everywhere we've stayed: SSR, AKV, VWL, BCV, and BWV. DH would gladly return to any of them. My least favorite of them was SSR, but I didn't truly dislike it, I just disliked the buses there. The buses sometimes seem to be a problem at a lot of the resorts, we just had a particularly bad time with SSR buses twice.

My DM sometimes travels with us, and while she had a good time there while she was with us, she now claims she doesn't like SSR. (While she was with us, she did a no parks trip and played lots of golf with my DstepF and went to DTD daily, so I have absolutely no idea why she decided after the fact that she didn't like it.) She also doesn't much like the rooms at AKV, as she thinks they are too dark, but AKV is DS's favorite!

I like them all, some more than others for their proximaty to DTD, Epcot or for the theming. But in the end it's about the vacation with friends and loved ones and the time frame is what's most important!

Same here :)

OneMoreTry said:
this thread is a downer

Really? Seems like the majority of people are saying they don't have any resort they actually dislike. I found this thread much more positive than I thought it would be.

I would have to choose between SSR and AKV. Both are too remote. AKV is a long long walk to the buses and pool. SSR is like a motel far away from the parks.

I guess I conclude that SSR is my least favorite because the animals are enjoyable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter