Is there a DVC Resort you truly dislike?

Kimmielee

Living my Disney Happily Ever After dream... ♥
Before this weekend I would have said No... However I was not impressed with Treehouse Villas at all. Minimal parking. Reminded me of a cabin in Northern Michigan (Not a fan of rustic decor)... Did not like the inconvenience of the front desk being at SSR. Not one I would try to book again.

What about you?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Not for me! I do enjoy something about every resort. What I enjoyed about the Treehouses was the grill at the bottom of the steps, and the feeling of isolation, not worrying about noise, neighbors, hall noise!

Don't have any dislike of any particular resort. What I do have is a dislike of some particular rooms at the DVC resorts. Examples: (a) anything at the end of the northern wing of Kidani because the walk to the lobby/bus stop/store/restaurant is torture, (b) the few first floor boardwalk view rooms at BWV for which anyone walking by can see right in if curtains are not closed, and those small number of preferred pool/garden views in the Luna Park area that have a view of essentially nothing more than the back of the clown; (c) any of the theme park view rooms at BLT below the eighth floor because what you really get is mainly just an ugly parking lot view; they changed the view category to make the third and fourth floors in the front of the building standard rather than theme park view but they should have stretched that change through at least the seventh floor; (d) VWL rooms overlooking the garbage dumpster.

we found at least a few things that we liked at every single DVC resort, so no: there is no DVC resort that we actually dislike.

however, there are definitely a very few resorts where we felt the cons greatly outnumbered the pros.
and then again, we found another few where the pros greatly outweighed the cons, and "the one" :cloud9: where we can find absolutely nothing we dislike.

every resort won't appeal to every person, and those pros and cons may even change as your trips do, & your family grows.

it's fun trying all the resorts to find "the one" that fits you & your family best :)

I haven't found one I particularly dislike but we probably won't stay at OKW again not because we didn't like it but because we live SSR next door so much more we would probably always stay there

For some reason BCV holds no real appeal for me.

Though admittedly I haven't stayed there since it was still under construction, I was not a fan of SSR. It felt like any random apartment complex to me. But I can't really say I dislike it- I just don't prefer it.
But I am thinking about giving SSR another chance, I'm trying to book a few days in the World in Nov, and maybe for a short trip SSR will be worth the try. The proximity to DTD can be beat.

Though admittedly I haven't stayed there since it was still under construction, I was not a fan of SSR. It felt like any random apartment complex to me. But I can't really say I dislike it- I just don't prefer it.
But I am thinking about giving SSR another chance, I'm trying to book a few days in the World in Nov, and maybe for a short trip SSR will be worth the try. The proximity to DTD can be beat.

I feel pretty much the same as you about SSR but I have not stayed there yet. The only way I would stay there is if no other DVC resort was available for dates that I was interested in.

I don't like BCV and I won't stay there again. I seriously disliked it. OKW was ok but I'm not really interested in staying there again.

We are staying at Boardwalk for a night in the spring, not sure what to expect.

I don't like BCV and I won't stay there again. I seriously disliked it. OKW was ok but I'm not really interested in staying there again.

We are staying at Boardwalk for a night in the spring, not sure what to expect.

It's BCV for me too. I will stay there if it is my only option, but it is my last choice.

That said, I LOVE that area and BWV is my favorite WDW DVC resort.

If I had to pick one it would be SSR. Stayed there once and maybe it was the outside hallways but it just didn't do much for the DW or myself.

I like them all, some more than others for their proximaty to DTD, Epcot or for the theming. But in the end it's about the vacation with friends and loved ones and the time frame is what's most important! So, even though OKW is my home resort and my favorite, I've had wonderful stays at each and every resort except Aulani, GFV. I wouldn't hesitate to book any of them to get the size and dates I want!

And so far I'm batting a 100, I love staying on property !

I like them all, some more than others for their proximaty to DTD, Epcot or for the theming. But in the end it's about the vacation with friends and loved ones and the time frame is what's most important! So, even though OKW is my home resort and my favorite, I've had wonderful stays at each and every resort except Aulani, GFV. I wouldn't hesitate to book any of them to get the size and dates I want!

And so far I'm batting a 100, I love staying on property !

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I you had asked me a couple of years ago, I would have guessed I would dislike SSR, but after staying there once, we returned.

I would have to say the only resort that we didn't "cozy up to" was BWV. Liked the location being close to Epcot and DHS, just didn't like the resort itself.

I suppose that's why there are different types to resorts to appeal to different individuals.

Before this weekend I would have said No... However I was not impressed with Treehouse Villas at all. Minimal parking. Reminded me of a cabin in Northern Michigan (Not a fan of rustic decor)... Did not like the inconvenience of the front desk being at SSR. Not one I would try to book again.

What about you?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I guess it would be BLT and AKV. They are both ok but not our favorites and yes we own both. :rolleyes1

BLT seems like any high raise condo and AKV is an experience but not one that we look forward to on a repeat bases.

:earsboy: Bill

I really don't like the decor or feeling at BLT, haven't stayed yet, but have stayed at the Contemporary in the past and didn't enjoy it, so unless I go with someone who really wants to stay at BLT can't see doing it.

I :love: them all, though haven't stayed in all of them yet. I am looking forward to Aulani in a few months. For some reason I am not worried about disliking it...

I only have experiences staying at OKW, SSR, BWV, AKL, & BLT. Only one from that list I would not stay at again is OKW. Room was larger, but when we were there everything needed updating. It may not have been as bad if we had a car, but nothing was conveniently located and the buses were few and far between.

When we stayed at BWV, the room we were in also showed significant wear and tear, but the Boardwalk area and convenience to DHS and Epcot made it worth the stay. My dilemma is usually balancing the cost of points to stay at 1 over the other so we can make the most out of the points without borrowing.

I know this may not make sense, but I like every DVC resort until I go to the next one. That is the point that I usually figure out what I didn't like about the previous resort. :rotfl:

The first DVC we ever stayed at was SSR and that was the most beautiful place I had ever seen. Then BCV was the most amazing resort and blew SSR out of the water. Then VWL, AKV etc, etc....

So, I think I am always just SO happy to be at WDW that I love everything until the next resort "one up's" it. :lmao:

The only resort we didn't absolutely adore was BLT, and that's not to say we didn't enjoy it while we were there. I am just not dying to go back. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter