It's our "Last" Trip to WDW, so we're going DELUXE! *We're Back After 11 Days in WDW*

Subscribing. I can hardly wait to see all your photos. We are staying at the CR our next trip, so I'm waiting to see how your stay is. Here's a bit of pixie dust for your trip planning :tink:

Excellent!! This is really sounding like a party. I'm so looking forward to meeting you all in person.:grouphug:

I know! Me too!!!:goodvibes

Wow! What a fantastic trip you have planned! You are hitting up my dream deluxe list. Your son is so handsome. I don't think I've seen an updated picture of him.

Are you going at the beginning or end of May?

Thanks Soleil!!! So great to have you along! We are really looking forward to our trip. We will be there early May, so just over 2 months away now!

So, I've been meaning to ask...North of WHICH border?

Proud Canadian here!;)

Subscribing. I can hardly wait to see all your photos. We are staying at the CR our next trip, so I'm waiting to see how your stay is. Here's a bit of pixie dust for your trip planning :tink:

Thank you! Welcome! :welcome: We LOVE the Contemporary, and I am sure you will too! There is nothing like WALKING to the Magic Kingdom. And there is no where you can do that but the Contemporary! (Oh, and BLT of course!) ;)

Proud Canadian here!;)

Where in Canada?

I'm an American of Canadian heritage! (actually I am a dual citizen!) Both of my parents were born and raised in Montreal and moved here when they were pregnant with me, so I guess I was made in Canada. Although I have never lived there, almost all of my extended family does and I've always felt a strong affinity to our neighbors in the Great White North!! After the Tequila meet, we should go see Martin Short together! (We actually watched the film last July 1. I told the kids we HAD to watch the movie since it was Canada Day, and they bought it! They actually really liked it!)

I currently have family in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver. We may venture to Toronto and/or Montreal this summer!

Just hopping over to start reading! You have got some super-duper plans there! The Contemporary, BCV, and the Poly??? :cloud9::cloud9: Fabulous!! We absolutely LOVE the Poly and I was able to see BLT on our last trip (I know you are staying at the CR, not BLT, but still) and was blown away! So pretty! Can't wait to hear more plans! :goodvibes

Sara

After the Tequila meet, we should go see Martin Short together!

Great idea! I love the new Canada movie - big improvement over the ancient relick that was there before!:laughing: My only complaint is that they show very little of Eastern Canada, where we are from, and next to nothing of Prince Edward Island, which is shocking considering that it has a significant amount of international tourists who flock there with the Anne of Green Gables connection.

Just hopping over to start reading! You have got some super-duper plans there! The Contemporary, BCV, and the Poly??? :cloud9::cloud9: Fabulous!! We absolutely LOVE the Poly and I was able to see BLT on our last trip (I know you are staying at the CR, not BLT, but still) and was blown away! So pretty! Can't wait to hear more plans! :goodvibes

Sara

Hi Sara - thanks for joining in!:welcome: Yes, I think we have a great resort line up, and I am really hoping that this will be the trip which gets DH hooked on Disney. (Afterall, that's why I have "Last" in quotes in my title.;))

Hi Trish! :wave:

I see the word "Aussies" in your title and must find out what that is about! Ever since I lived in Australia, I have an extra sense about all things Aussie. :rolleyes1

But, it is past my bedtime. I'll have to get caught up tomorrow. :flower3:

Wow! Thanks for posting...I had never even heard of Cinco de Mayo.
As luck would have it, we were already going to be in Epcot on May 5th, which is actually my birthday, so of course we are going to my favourite Park!:goodvibes

For those of you, like me, who haven't heard of Cinco de Mayo, here is a description, courtesy of Mousesavers:

Cinco de Mayo
Cinco de Mayo (5th of May) is a celebration of Mexican heritage and commemorates a Mexican victory in the 1862 Battle of Puebla.

There is a relatively low-key Cinco de Mayo celebration centered on the Mexico Pavilion at Epcot, tied in with the International Flower & Garden Festival. It usually features some sort of special activity for families.

In addition, there is a Pleasure Island Cinco de Mayo Party with live music. The outdoor entertainment elements of the Cinco de Mayo celebration are free of charge.

What a fan-tabulous spot for a DIS meet!:banana: I clearly have to get on board and start reading fellow May trippies threads! I see some websurfing in store for me this evening!:surfweb:

And what a lucky coincidence...my kids will actually be the exact same ages as yours by May - DD7 and DS4. Noontime tequillas are now officially on the agenda!;)
Enjoying your PTR! What a great trip you have planned!!!

I'll be at BWI 5/5 to 5/12 celebrating my bday 5/6 with my DS(9). My DH isn't the Disney fanatic I am.:confused3 I've been able to talk him into an annual trip for the past 6 years but that isn't quite enough for me so I take my children one at a time also. The family trips are great but those one on one trips are really wonderful too! I'll be leaving DD's 10 & 7 at home with DH.

I was at Epcot last May 5th. 5/5 is Soarin's birthday! It opened 5/5/5. Also last year they had an exhibit in Japan on Japanese Children's Day. I think we may have done some scavenger hunt type thing and recieved a pin but I can't really remember now. Nothing special was going on in Mexico.:confused:

Great idea! I love the new Canada movie - big improvement over the ancient relick that was there before!:laughing: My only complaint is that they show very little of Eastern Canada, where we are from, and next to nothing of Prince Edward Island, which is shocking considering that it has a significant amount of international tourists who flock there with the Anne of Green Gables connection.

Do you like in PEI? DH really wants to go there one of these days. I have never been to the Maritimes myself and would also love to make a visit. What is the best time of year?

I'll be at BWI 5/5 to 5/12 celebrating my bday 5/6 with my DS(9). My DH isn't the Disney fanatic I am.:confused3 I've been able to talk him into an annual trip for the past 6 years but that isn't quite enough for me so I take my children one at a time also. The family trips are great but those one on one trips are really wonderful too! I'll be leaving DD's 10 & 7 at home with DH.

I was at Epcot last May 5th. 5/5 is Soarin's birthday! It opened 5/5/5. Also last year they had an exhibit in Japan on Japanese Children's Day. I think we may have done some scavenger hunt type thing and recieved a pin but I can't really remember now. Nothing special was going on in Mexico.:confused:

So, are you going to have margaritas with us?

Okay - all caught up. Your children are beautiful! :goodvibes

What an awesome trip you are going to have. Beach Club Villas, The Poly, 11 days - nice. :thumbsup2

I'm still confused on where the Aussies and Brits fit in? :confused3

I have never seen the movie (as I have never been to Epcot :laughing:), but your comments about PEI stuck out considering that it where the Charlottetown conference took place and the history surrounding that... leading to the union of our great country. Seems funny to me that that wouldn't be in a movie about Canada.
My family is from the maritimes, (New Brunswick), in fact my parents moved back after I graduated from high school and I spent every summer of my youth in Shediac. It makes me sad to think that there isn't a lot about Eastern Canada since it is such a beautiful part of our country.

Do you like in PEI? DH really wants to go there one of these days. I have never been to the Maritimes myself and would also love to make a visit. What is the best time of year?
My DH & I have traveled quite a bit in Eastern Canada. PEI is really beautiful! I've been in the summer and fall-both were lovely! I haven't been since they built the bridge.

So, are you going to have margaritas with us?
I don't arrive in Orlando until 12:20 on the 5th so I can't see making it til Mexico until say 2pm. If you're still there drinking margaritas I'm afraid noone would remember me.:rotfl2: We hope to go to Epcot-maybe get a fast pass for Soarin for its birthday. See if anything is happening again in Japan or Mexico and then go to AK for EMH. Gotta ride EE in the dark!!!:yay:

Annual trips just aren't enough for me either. But they have been more than enough for DH. :rotfl: I have taken 2 trips with just my daughter, and I want to do a solo trip with just my son as well. It is such a great bonding experience! To this day my favourite trip ever was the 1st trip I took with just my daughter. We stayed at CBR and loved it! It will always be my avatar!:goodvibes

Thanks for reminding me about Soarin's B-Day on May 5th. I should have remembered that because May 5th is actually my birthday too and I remember hearing that before! I will have to ride Soarin' for sure on May 5th to celebrate each of our respective birthdays while enjoying my favourite ride in all of WDW!:goodvibes

Definitely if you are going to visit PEI you will want to do it in either July or August. Cavendish, where a lot of Anne of Green Gables stuff is based, is like a ghost-town the rest of the year.

PEI is so lovely, and one of the most unique places in North America to visit.

Okay - all caught up. Your children are beautiful! :goodvibes

What an awesome trip you are going to have. Beach Club Villas, The Poly, 11 days - nice. :thumbsup2

I'm still confused on where the Aussies and Brits fit in? :confused3

Thanks Carissa, and great to see you here!:goodvibes

As for the Aussie/Brits reference: in an earlier post when describing the duration of our stay I mentioned that we would be on property for 11 days. I then mentioned that we were "catching up" to the Aussies and Brits, who typically take longer vacations at WDW compared to us North Americans.;)

I have never seen the movie (as I have never been to Epcot :laughing:), but your comments about PEI stuck out considering that it where the Charlottetown conference took place and the history surrounding that... leading to the union of our great country. Seems funny to me that that wouldn't be in a movie about Canada.
My family is from the maritimes, (New Brunswick), in fact my parents moved back after I graduated from high school and I spent every summer of my youth in Shediac. It makes me sad to think that there isn't a lot about Eastern Canada since it is such a beautiful part of our country.

You will definitely have to check out "O Canada" when at Epcot. There isn't really a lot of history in it (which perhaps is a good thing:laughing:). It mostly documents the beauty and various areas of the country. It does a pretty good job at educating other nations about our country and promoting our tourism during a brief circlevision (360 degree) film set to a song performed by Eva Avila, past Canadian Idol winner. Just wish there were more clips of Atlantic Canada, apart from the few brief stereotypical shots!;)

I don't arrive in Orlando until 12:20 on the 5th so I can't see making it til Mexico until say 2pm. If you're still there drinking margaritas I'm afraid noone would remember me.:rotfl2: Gotta ride EE in the dark!!!:yay:

We are actually heading to AK on May 5th as well for EMH. However, my fear is that it won't be dark enough at 8pm when the Park closes, given that sun will likely only be setting about that time.:sad2: But I am going to cross my fingers that it will get dark early! I was in AK at nite following the EEC in 2008 and it was so fun! I really want to experience EE again at nite!:)

As for the Aussie/Brits reference: in an earlier post when describing the duration of our stay I mentioned that we would be on property for 11 days. I then mentioned that we were "catching up" to the Aussies and Brits, who typically take longer vacations at WDW compared to us North Americans.;)

Ahhhhhhh. Thanks for the clarification. I blame it on the lack of oxygen my brain is getting these days. My darn lungs are hogging it all during my runs. :rotfl:

We are actually heading to AK on May 5th as well for EMH. However, my fear is that it won't be dark enough at 8pm when the Park closes, given that sun will likely only be setting about that time.:sad2: But I am going to cross my fingers that it will get dark early! I was in AK at nite following the EEC in 2008 and it was so fun! I really want to experience EE again at nite!:)

You know I think you're right it wasn't real dark in May last year for EMH when we rode EE-only dusk. I did get to ride it in the dark 5 times in a row in December.:cool1:

BUT....we took our time walking out of the park in May-not super slow but we didn't rush out and we got to see the tree of life in the dark-BEAUTIFUL!!!!
TreeofLife.jpg

You know I think you're right it wasn't real dark in May last year for EMH when we rode EE-only dusk. I did get to ride it in the dark 5 times in a row in December.:cool1:

BUT....we took our time walking out of the park in May-not super slow but we didn't rush out and we got to see the tree of life in the dark-BEAUTIFUL!!!!
TreeofLife.jpg

Is this the photo you took in May??? Wow! That is so beautiful. The twilight cast of the sky is such a great backdrop!

Aw I wish I could head to AK for EMH to see the park at dusk, but alas, we are off to DHS for Fantasmic! that night. I have never seen it and this is the only time it's showing, so we definitely have to squeeze it in. I wish we could do both!!! :sad2:

Is this the photo you took in May??? Wow! That is so beautiful. The twilight cast of the sky is such as great backdrop!

Yes, that is May. My photos from Dec aren't as good-I guess I wasn't quite as steady after 5 rides on Everest.:rotfl: Last May Wednesday was my birthday so we went to California Grill for dinner and just made it to AK for EMH in time for one ride-I just looked at the time stamp on photos I took that night. We were at the bus stop at CR by 7:08 I remember we waited for a while for a bus. We got to EE by 7:52, were off the ride by 8:08, out of the park by 8:34 and back in the lobby of our hotel (AKL) at 9:01. That Tree of Life photo was taken at 8:23pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter