• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's Perfect! Oh, wait.. can I make one more change?

Wow sounds like a great trip, I did the EE5K in September and other than the torrential rain it was so much fun. Several of my Moms Panel friends are running in the Princess half too, it will be amazing running through the empty parks :goodvibes

Subbing. ONE DAY I will stay at the Poly! One day...

I was at WDW last year during the princess half and I met several women who participated. They all seemed to have a great time. Best of luck to you.

Where do you live in Montreal? My parents were born and raised there, but moved to PA a few months before I was born. We might go for a visit this summer. I haven't been back in almost seven years. We don't have a lot of family left there, but there are still some. Most have moved to Toronto and a few to Vancouver.

We did a four night cruise in November. It was a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy it!

Wow sounds like a great trip, I did the EE5K in September and other than the torrential rain it was so much fun. Several of my Moms Panel friends are running in the Princess half too, it will be amazing running through the empty parks :goodvibes

How Fun! I wanted to do that 5K, but it was right when we had DS's birthday. I am thinking about applying for the Mom's Panel this year... do you like it? I know WAY more people apply than they can take and it would be a long shot, but it sounds like fun. Congrats on the 5K and the Mom's Panel!

Subbing. ONE DAY I will stay at the Poly! One day...

I was at WDW last year during the princess half and I met several women who participated. They all seemed to have a great time. Best of luck to you.

Where do you live in Montreal? My parents were born and raised there, but moved to PA a few months before I was born. We might go for a visit this summer. I haven't been back in almost seven years. We don't have a lot of family left there, but there are still some. Most have moved to Toronto and a few to Vancouver.

We did a four night cruise in November. It was a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy it!

SOOOO jealous! I have 27 days, but at least it is less than a month! Have a great time and let me know how your trip goes!

We are in Westmount, not too far from Vendome Metro station. PA is quite a departure from Montreal, I guess unless it was near Philly. We have only been up here 18 months, but like it so far.

We are excited to try the cruise. We had been wanting to for a while, but avoiding it due to cost, but with the kids sail free it was too good to pass up.

We love Montreal in the summer since the weather is so nice, much better than heat and humidity of DC! Let me know if you decide to make the trip up!

It's Genetic

So I come from a LONG line of shoppers and vacation planners and a belief that one should go shopping to get ready for vacation! (And yes my kids also know to ask to stop in the gift shop at any chance they get!) Since I started working on this trip back in September, I started the shopping shortly after and asked for a few things (like the running outfit above and the key chain below) for Christmas.

Here are some of the goodies (not all have arrived yet)

Disney Dooney Sketch (version 2) Wristlet
IMG_0037-1.jpg

My Chamilla Charm Keychain (Thanks Mom & Dad)
IMG_0035.jpg

Cute shirts for the kids ordered from ebay
IMG_0062.jpg

SOOOO jealous! I have 27 days, but at least it is less than a month! Have a great time and let me know how your trip goes!

Alas, nothing to be jealous of...unfortunately I didn't say IN one day, I said (add wistful sigh here) ...one day...

My next trip to WDW is the first week in May, and then again the last week of October. Pop in May, AKV in October. One day, the Poly...
:cat:

My folks moves to a vary small town in south central PA from the big city of Montreal. It was a BIG change for them and for a while Mom was very unhappy, but she grew to love it and by the time she passed away, she wouldn't have moved for anything. I live right here in said small town. We travel TO cities a lot, but I can't see myself living in one. I do love Montreal though. Have you had breakfast/ brunch at Beauty's? It's a great Jewish b-fast place. My dad goes to Montreal on business a couple of times a year and brings us bagels...ahhh...nothing better than a Montreal bagel :cloud9:

OMG I love that D&B!!!! I was supposed to get one as a wedding gift but now that we are planning on buying a house I think that's our wedding gift to each other. I will just live vicariously through you!!!

Alas, nothing to be jealous of...unfortunately I didn't say IN one day, I said (add wistful sigh here) ...one day...

My next trip to WDW is the first week in May, and then again the last week of October. Pop in May, AKV in October. One day, the Poly...
:cat:

My folks moves to a vary small town in south central PA from the big city of Montreal. It was a BIG change for them and for a while Mom was very unhappy, but she grew to love it and by the time she passed away, she wouldn't have moved for anything. I live right here in said small town. We travel TO cities a lot, but I can't see myself living in one. I do love Montreal though. Have you had breakfast/ brunch at Beauty's? It's a great Jewish b-fast place. My dad goes to Montreal on business a couple of times a year and brings us bagels...ahhh...nothing better than a Montreal bagel :cloud9:

Oh, the details in the semantics. But still, two trips this year is great! It is too far for us to make more than one per year. I heard they are renovating POP... I have wanted to try it since I think the kids would love the theming!

Your parents' move is the opposite of me. I grew up on a farm and then in a small town in Ohio. After college I moved to DC with DH and then up to Montreal. Our hope is to move to Manhattan one day.

I have not made it to Beauty's. We will have to try it! DD is getting over a stomach bug, so hopefully next weekend she will feel up to breakfast out.

I love the loot! :goodvibes

Thanks!

I love that keychain:goodvibes

I love it too! :lovestruc

OMG I love that D&B!!!! I was supposed to get one as a wedding gift but now that we are planning on buying a house I think that's our wedding gift to each other. I will just live vicariously through you!!!

As much as I like my Dooney, I think I would pick a house over a purse, though. :goodvibes

Sadly, I heard that the sketch pattern ones are starting to yellow in the stores already! :scared1: guess I will not get one bigger than the wristlet since I would be terribly sad to have spent the money and have it turn yellow.

Oh, the details in the semantics. But still, two trips this year is great! It is too far for us to make more than one per year. I heard they are renovating POP... I have wanted to try it since I think the kids would love the theming!

Your parents' move is the opposite of me. I grew up on a farm and then in a small town in Ohio. After college I moved to DC with DH and then up to Montreal. Our hope is to move to Manhattan one day.

I have not made it to Beauty's. We will have to try it! DD is getting over a stomach bug, so hopefully next weekend she will feel up to breakfast out.

I LOVE Pop Century. I am very happy to own DVC and am excited to try a lot of the different DVC resorts, but I'd be very sad to not stay at Pop any more. Maybe when the kids get older the rooms there will be too small, but for now it suits our purposes (especially for an "extra" trip.) It is centrally located, has a great food court, doesn't share busseshas great pools and a splash fountain and has great themeing. Plus the price is right!

The Poly is my dream resort though and one of these days I'll use some points or pay OOP to stay there! My favorite location, though, is the Epcot resorts. We all LOVE Epcot and being able to walk over is such a perk!

Beauties is really great. Good food, great atmosphere. And of course there is the "Big Orange." Seeing that always meant we had arrived in Montreal. My cousin lives in London (England) now and is planning to visit family and friends in Toronto and Montreal this summer and we might try to meet up with her in one or both cities. I think nothing of tossing the kids into the car and going, so it might be sort of last minute. I don't know...Oh, and Schwartz's...mmm...smoke meat!! That's my husband's favorite, but because of the whole mad cow thing, dad can't bring that back to the states anymore:sad1:

How Fun! I wanted to do that 5K, but it was right when we had DS's birthday. I am thinking about applying for the Mom's Panel this year... do you like it? I know WAY more people apply than they can take and it would be a long shot, but it sounds like fun. Congrats on the 5K and the Mom's Panel!
I'm not on it anymore, my contract was only for a year. I did love answering all the questions, especially the few that came in from fellow Brits it was also lovely when someone asked you several questions and told me that I'd helped them, I also made some great new friends and still chat online with my fellow 2009 panellists daily :goodvibes You should definitely apply this year, if it's the same as the last few years applications will be taken in September so look out for details at allears etc You're right that there are thousands of applicants but I never ever expected to get on so you never know :thumbsup2

My Chamilla Charm Keychain (Thanks Mom & Dad)
IMG_0035.jpg
Oooh I like that, it looks like a pandora bracelet but as a keyring. Wonder if they sell them here!!

Love your running outfit! Is that the running skirt or the athletic one? I like to drool over all the goodies on that website! :)

Love the keychain too - have to see if I can find one of those, it's too cute!

Are you getting excited?

I LOVE Pop Century. I am very happy to own DVC and am excited to try a lot of the different DVC resorts, but I'd be very sad to not stay at Pop any more. Maybe when the kids get older the rooms there will be too small, but for now it suits our purposes (especially for an "extra" trip.) It is centrally located, has a great food court, doesn't share busseshas great pools and a splash fountain and has great themeing. Plus the price is right!

The Poly is my dream resort though and one of these days I'll use some points or pay OOP to stay there! My favorite location, though, is the Epcot resorts. We all LOVE Epcot and being able to walk over is such a perk!

Beauties is really great. Good food, great atmosphere. And of course there is the "Big Orange." Seeing that always meant we had arrived in Montreal. My cousin lives in London (England) now and is planning to visit family and friends in Toronto and Montreal this summer and we might try to meet up with her in one or both cities. I think nothing of tossing the kids into the car and going, so it might be sort of last minute. I don't know...Oh, and Schwartz's...mmm...smoke meat!! That's my husband's favorite, but because of the whole mad cow thing, dad can't bring that back to the states anymore:sad1:

I think we might try POP for a quick visit sometime if we can find cheap airfare. If we have DS's school calendar for next year before we leave I think I might book a BB at POP for a long weekend and then hope the airfare shows up!

I like the idea of DVC, but DH is really against the sleeper sofa situation for the kids and we would not want to have to always get the one bedroom.

DH loves the smoked meat from Schwartz's, but I have not tried it yet. We were really good at going and trying new things when we first got here, but have slacked off... it is easier to venture out when it is warm and pretty than cold and dirty-snowy.

I'm not on it anymore, my contract was only for a year. I did love answering all the questions, especially the few that came in from fellow Brits it was also lovely when someone asked you several questions and told me that I'd helped them, I also made some great new friends and still chat online with my fellow 2009 panellists daily :goodvibes You should definitely apply this year, if it's the same as the last few years applications will be taken in September so look out for details at allears etc You're right that there are thousands of applicants but I never ever expected to get on so you never know :thumbsup2

Oooh I like that, it looks like a pandora bracelet but as a keyring. Wonder if they sell them here!!

Thanks for the advice, I will keep a look out around Sept! The keychain itself is from Helzberg Diamonds (a mall chain store in the States). There were also some on ebay, but were so cheap I was afraid they would turn my purse or hands black.

Love your running outfit! Is that the running skirt or the athletic one? I like to drool over all the goodies on that website! :)

Love the keychain too - have to see if I can find one of those, it's too cute!

Are you getting excited?

Thanks! The skirt is the running one, I tried on the athletic one at a store near me, but liked the running skirt fit better. It is so comfortable to run in! I get mad at myself if I did not wash the couple I have in time and have to wear my shorts that move all around.

So tonight as I was baking dinner in the over and the kids were playing, I called Disney Dining Reservations... I had gotten my 9 am Akershus Princess Breakfast, but I could nor find my confirmation number! :scared1:

After some digging it was located! And then while I had a CM on the ohone I had her check for dinner at 1900 Park Fare the night of the Princess 1/2 and she had 5:45 pm! :dance3:

So now I am DONE! Here are the details of the finalized ADR's:

Sunday (3/7)
5:45 pm Dinner with Cinderella at 1900 Park Fare
Monday (3/8)
5:30 pm Dnner at Sci-Fi Dine-In (DS request)
Tuesday (3/9)
9:20 am Akershus Princess Breakfast
6:25 pm Dinner at Garden Grill
Wednesday (3/10)
9:00 am Breakfast at Crystal Palace
6:00 pm Dinner at Tony's Town Square (DH request)
Thursday (3/11)
9:10 am Breakfast at Chef Mickey's

After all the running I will be ready for all the eating! :rotfl2:

So tonight as I was baking dinner in the over and the kids were playing, I called Disney Dining Reservations... I had gotten my 9 am Akershus Princess Breakfast, but I could nor find my confirmation number! :scared1:

After some digging it was located! And then while I had a CM on the ohone I had her check for dinner at 1900 Park Fare the night of the Princess 1/2 and she had 5:45 pm! :dance3:

So now I am DONE! Here are the details of the finalized ADR's:

Sunday (3/7)
5:45 pm Dinner with Cinderella at 1900 Park Fare
Monday (3/8)
5:30 pm Dnner at Sci-Fi Dine-In (DS request)
Tuesday (3/9)
9:20 am Akershus Princess Breakfast
6:25 pm Dinner at Garden Grill
Wednesday (3/10)
9:00 am Breakfast at Crystal Palace
6:00 pm Dinner at Tony's Town Square (DH request)
Thursday (3/11)
9:10 am Breakfast at Chef Mickey's

After all the running I will be ready for all the eating! :rotfl2:

YUM! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter