Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

You are allowed to use the Kidani pool while staying at Jambo, there is a quick shuttle that brings guests back and forth, so I'm not sure what switching your stay to Kidani will do for you. I'm thinking that the pool area will definitely be more crowded, though. The Jambo pool always is...
If you'd like the ease of being near your friends, I wouldn't change to another resort, personally.

Can you purchase some of the wonderful South African wines by the bottle to bring home? I'd like to get some for the woman taking care of my plants, but I wasn't sure if you could only get it in the restaurants.

TIA!

Can you purchase some of the wonderful South African wines by the bottle to bring home? I'd like to get some for the woman taking care of my plants, but I wasn't sure if you could only get it in the restaurants.

TIA!

Yes! You can get some at the Mara or at the Gift Shops in the resort.

TIA!

Yes as a pp said both The Mara and the gift shop sell wines. If your plant sitter likes red blends my personal favorite is the De Toren Z.

Hello, AKL experts!

We have booked 3 nights club level. It’s my husband’s first stay at AKL; I have stayed once, but it was many years ago when I was still in high school.

Does anyone have knowledge of the king bed situation? I’m not sure how accurate the Touring Plans room finder is. On there, I could only find one or two rooms with a king bed marked as club level rooms. Does that sound about right, or are there possibly more?

I put in a request for one, but I’m guessing it might be unlikely. Not a big deal, just would be nice!

700BD6E9-6605-453A-93B4-9C9295D09DD9.jpeg We just got back from Kidani savanna – we’ve stayed at 10 Disney resorts, and this was by far the best. I don’t think we could ever stay anywhere else. Busses were never an issue, we were surprised even the bus to MK didn’t seem as long as we expected. Side note – by using the TP fax utility, we got the exact room numbers we wanted. And Sanaa was our favorite meal of the week.

Hello! I’ll be headed to AKL this weekend. I just changed my room from Pop Century to AKL. So after months of reading everything about Pop, I’m trying to speed read through all of the AKL info before I leave in a few days.
I stayed in a studio at Kidani in 2015, but have not stayed at AKL.
A few questions for you AKL experts if you don’t mind:
1) what is the temperature control like? Is it one of the ones where the AC only stays on if there’s movement in the room? When we stayed at Kidani years ago, I woke up soaking wet with sweat every night (I don’t tolerate heat well) because the thermostat was the motion activated kind.
2) if it is the motion activated kind, what is the fix to keep my room at a nice cool 67 or below all day and night?
3) what kind of toiletries are they offering these days?
4) can we use the Kidani pool? Or will we be too far away from it to go?
5) is there anything pertinent I should know?
6) has anyone used the Minnie Vans from AKL? Just wondering if it was really that much more convenient than the buses.

Thanks in advance for any info!
So after my stay months ago, I will report that the temperature controls were fine- not motion sensors.
We stayed in a room overlooking the lobby with a view of the pool. I thought I’d miss the animal views but didn’t at all as we saw tons while roaming the resort.
We didn’t use the Kidani pool this time bc we never wanted to leave the Jambo pool.
We loved loved loved loved our stay! Can’t say enough good things!

It seems like I read somewhere that AKL does not have late check out, but I can’t seem to find that now? Does AKL have late check out?

Question about the Jiko dress code, it states "no flip flops". Unfortunately, my mom and I both forget about that tidbit when packing and that is all we have as far as footwear. We will have no problem with the rest of the dress code. Does anybody know if Jiko is really strict with their dress code? Are they going to turn us away for wearing flip flops???

Question about the Jiko dress code, it states "no flip flops". Unfortunately, my mom and I both forget about that tidbit when packing and that is all we have as far as footwear. We will have no problem with the rest of the dress code. Does anybody know if Jiko is really strict with their dress code? Are they going to turn us away for wearing flip flops???

I'm certain I've worn flip flops to Jiko before, I had no idea that was part of the signature dress code. For what it's worth, I'm usually in a dress (think sundress) with my flip flops, not shorts and a t-shirt, but I think it's the spirit of your appearance being appropriate to the upscale ambiance, not the "letter of the law".

I'm certain I've worn flip flops to Jiko before, I had no idea that was part of the signature dress code. For what it's worth, I'm usually in a dress (think sundress) with my flip flops, not shorts and a t-shirt, but I think it's the spirit of your appearance being appropriate to the upscale ambiance, not the "letter of the law".

Thanks! We were both planning on wearing a dress so no problems there.

Hi all - staying at AKL for the first time in September! I booked a Standard Room at the Enchanted Escape rate, and was wondering if anyone had recommendations for room requests? Higher floor, lower floor, near lobby etc? I wanted a Savannah view but it did not have availability for when we are going. I'm hoping maybe something will open up when AP fall discounts are released, but thought I'd run it by the experts first. Thanks!

View attachment 328420 We just got back from Kidani savanna – we’ve stayed at 10 Disney resorts, and this was by far the best. I don’t think we could ever stay anywhere else. Busses were never an issue, we were surprised even the bus to MK didn’t seem as long as we expected. Side note – by using the TP fax utility, we got the exact room numbers we wanted. And Sanaa was our favorite meal of the week.
That’s an awesome view. I will be at Kidani the end of July. Do you mind sharing what request you put in for the fax and what room you need up with! TIA

That’s an awesome view. I will be at Kidani the end of July. Do you mind sharing what request you put in for the fax and what room you need up with! TIA

We had room 7218. Basically, you go into Touring Plans room finding utility, and when you find your room, it will allow you to request a fax document be created. The auto generated fax will mention the area you want, and then will say “like room 7218”. They will then send the fax 5 days ahead of checkin. We got that exact room. You can actually read what the fax will say, and change the wording if you choose.

View attachment 328420 We just got back from Kidani savanna – we’ve stayed at 10 Disney resorts, and this was by far the best. I don’t think we could ever stay anywhere else. Busses were never an issue, we were surprised even the bus to MK didn’t seem as long as we expected. Side note – by using the TP fax utility, we got the exact room numbers we wanted. And Sanaa was our favorite meal of the week.

What room number is that, if you don’t mind? Never mind....just saw it above but don’t know how to delete post

Hello AKL Experts! I’m an AKL lover too and am strongly considering booking AKL for my February 2019 trip.

Here’s my question: If there is a cold snap, are all the animals still on the Savanna, or are some held back? We have only visited during the spring/summer, when the viewing was great. Is it still worth booking a Savanna view if there is a risk of cold temps? I love the pool view too (stayed pool view in April 2017), but would love to switch it up this time, if it makes sense.

All experiences and recommendations are welcomed! Thanks!!!

Hello AKL Experts! I’m an AKL lover too and am strongly considering booking AKL for my February 2019 trip.

Here’s my question: If there is a cold snap, are all the animals still on the Savanna, or are some held back? We have only visited during the spring/summer, when the viewing was great. Is it still worth booking a Savanna view if there is a risk of cold temps? I love the pool view too (stayed pool view in April 2017), but would love to switch it up this time, if it makes sense.

All experiences and recommendations are welcomed! Thanks!!!

It was very cold for a few of the days we were there in January and we noticed that we were not seeing giraffes and that there seemed to be fewer animals overall. My husband met the GM of the resort while getting his picture taken with safari Mickey after the marathon (special photo op set up by the GM) and he mentioned that the giraffes didn't do too well in the cold and were hanging out in their barn and the other animals could basically decide individually if they wanted to be out or in the warm barn. A day or two later when it warmed up they were all back out and seemed extra energetic. We have stayed at AKL in January about 10 times and there have only been a handful of days total that we have noticed fewer animals out likely due to the cold. So yes, it can definitely happen, but the few times it has happened it has been quite cold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter