Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Hello AKL fans! We are having to change our May trip, we are currently booked at CSR. Since we are changing our trip we decided to upgrade to either Gran Destino and stay at CSR or AKL. I'm super excited about either of them, but AKL has always been a dream of mine so we are leaning that way.

We are looking at a King room, standard view although I'd love a savanna view. Can someone tell me about the bus service-what order are the stops? I'm assuming it's one bus for the villas and lodge?

Thanks!

Sorry to take you out...

April
3/29 - 4/4 eeyoreandtink - AKL
3/30 - 4/4 sndral - AKL Jambo
4/4 - 4/6 sndral - AKV Kidani
4/9 - 4/18 WolfePack811 - AKL
4/13 - 4/18 Pooh12863 - AKL Jambo
4/14 - 4/25 cincystamper - AKL Jambo
4/22 - 5/3 roxiepenguin - AKL
4/25 - 4/27 samantha3590 - Jambo CL
4/26 - 4/30 LaurenT AKV Jambo
4/27 - 5/8 lisa12000 - AKL

So....we're moving our trip. Excited that we're rescheduling instead of outright cancelling, and excited we'll still be at AKL, we just have a little longer to wait now! You can update us at your convenience - instead of 4/14-4/25, we'll be there 9/8-9/19. Thank you!

It seems like one of the more frequently asked questions is about the shuttle that runs between Kidani and Jambo house. It used to be a large passenger van, and now it is more like a mini bus. I took a photo earlier this year with the intent to come back and share it here but have only just come across it, so I'm remembering to post it.

Uj5wgrw.png

Hello AKL fans! We are having to change our May trip, we are currently booked at CSR. Since we are changing our trip we decided to upgrade to either Gran Destino and stay at CSR or AKL. I'm super excited about either of them, but AKL has always been a dream of mine so we are leaning that way.

We are looking at a King room, standard view although I'd love a savanna view. Can someone tell me about the bus service-what order are the stops? I'm assuming it's one bus for the villas and lodge?

Thanks!
I believe buses to the parks stop at Kidani first then Jambo, but to Disney Springs they stop at Jambo first. Those are the only two stops.

I believe buses to the parks stop at Kidani first then Jambo, but to Disney Springs they stop at Jambo first. Those are the only two stops.

Ok, with that answer, DH is not going to be happy. He has a thing about crowded buses. Is it normally standing room only by the time it gets to Jambo?

Might have to start an Uber/Lyft piggy bank because I would hate to not stay due to bus service :(

Ok, with that answer, DH is not going to be happy. He has a thing about crowded buses. Is it normally standing room only by the time it gets to Jambo?

Might have to start an Uber/Lyft piggy bank because I would hate to not stay due to bus service :(

During high demand times like the mornings, yes, it is often standing room only by the time it gets to Jambo.

We don’t have any idea yet what the situation will be in regards to transport when WDW re-opens (whenever it resumes) allowing guests to visit again things may be much different for a while. Let’s just hope folks are sensible and follow the guidelines.

Does anyone have a photo of the refrigerator section of the gift shop?

Tim tracker on you tube does a nice resort tour, and shows the complete gift store, including all the items available in the refrigerator and grab and go section

We are rebooked from OKW to AKL savanna room for September and upon speaking with Disney UK the agent said we could not request a Arusha view, only Sunset or Uzima. Does anyone know why this is?

I have to sit on a bus due to a disability and I rarely have problems in the morning at Jambo (we've stayed there 4 or 5 times recently). We are rope-droppers and have frequently had empty busses at Jambo in the morning, we try to leave about 45-60 minutes before park opening. Out of all of the deluxe resorts I think AKL has the best run bus service and at high volume times they often put busses in service that stop only at Jambo. If your husband absolutely wants to sit perhaps try taking the short shuttle to Kidani and take the bus from there. Maybe try the quick service breakfast at Sanaa first - yum!

I have to sit on a bus due to a disability and I rarely have problems in the morning at Jambo (we've stayed there 4 or 5 times recently). We are rope-droppers and have frequently had empty busses at Jambo in the morning, we try to leave about 45-60 minutes before park opening. Out of all of the deluxe resorts I think AKL has the best run bus service and at high volume times they often put busses in service that stop only at Jambo. If your husband absolutely wants to sit perhaps try taking the short shuttle to Kidani and take the bus from there. Maybe try the quick service breakfast at Sanaa first - yum!

Thank you that makes me feel much better about it!

We are rebooked from OKW to AKL savanna room for September and upon speaking with Disney UK the agent said we could not request a Arusha view, only Sunset or Uzima. Does anyone know why this is?

I'm not sure, but I THINK that arusha view is a separate booking category for cash rooms (not sure, since I'm DVC) I've been in both Sunset and Uzima, and I slightly prefer Sunset. But for me it's because Sunset savannah seems to have more large birds than Uzima does, and I'm a big bird watcher.

I have stayed at both Jambo and Kidani, althogh a little while back, and didnlt have any porblems. The CM didn't know why, he just said the system would not let him request it.

I have stayed at both Jambo and Kidani, althogh a little while back, and didnlt have any porblems. The CM didn't know why, he just said the system would not let him request it.

I would try another CM before you give up. I can't tell you how much wrong information phone CMs have given me, or it could have been a temporary glitch.

Thank you, wonder how that's going to go over with hubby, lol.
We were there from March 8-14, 2020 at Jambo. While we loved the resort and feel it was the most beautiful resort we have stayed at landscape wise (and we have stayed Beach, Yacht and Grand Floridian), it is the bus service that will keep us from returning :( Our first morning we had 8:10 breakfast at Be Our Guest. We were at the Magic Kingdom stop at 6:30. We pulled in to Magic Kingdom at 7:50. The bus didn't come for an hour. People were leaving and calling Lyft/Ubers and several said they had been having bad luck that week. We waited it out. The next day was Epcot and we didn't have any issues. The next day was Hollywood Studios and it was bad. We were at the bus stop at 6:05 just in case one ran early, but not expecting it until around 6:30. By 6:45 we had seen two Magic Kingdom buses (parks opened at same time) and none for Hollywood. The bus board didn't show a time for one coming. The bus finally pulled in at 6:58am. By the time we got to Hollywood Studios the lines were super long and we didn't get through bag check and turnstiles until about 7:40. The next few days were ok, but our last day was Hollywood Studios and we weren't taking any chances so we called a LYFT. I won't make that mistake again. We usually had seats going to the parks, or a few people stood, but coming back from every park was literally shoulder to shoulder. This was just days before it closed. So it's a wonder we all came out healthy from our trip between buses at night and rope drop every morning. If I had a lot of down time at the resort I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. It was beautiful and so relaxing while we were there. If I am doing lots of park time I would skip it. It wasn't worth the stress to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter