January 2010. . . Anyone else going???

January 21 - 27, my birthday trip, and our first DVC trip - our second home, MK view at Bay Lake!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will be my first time in Disney on my birthday - big kid I am ;) How ever to choose where to eat on my birthday?????

This made my excitement level jump up another notch!!!!!

:welcome:

I vote for LeCellier or Crystal Palace for your birthday! LeCellier is my favorite food-wise. And CP is just a lot of fun and they always make a big deal of birthdays and anniversaries! :goodvibes

I see my name was on the list with ??? beside it - I'm thrilled to report that we have rented points and have a 2-bedroom villa, Boardwalk view, at BWV for Jan. 24-Feb. 1.

I know it's awful to wish your life away...but....come on January, get here already!!!

We're planning on heading down there for DD's 19th birthday along with her best friend jan 6-13 2010 WOOHOOO:cool1:

and yay for my 2nd post! :banana::banana::banana:

I see my name was on the list with ??? beside it - I'm thrilled to report that we have rented points and have a 2-bedroom villa, Boardwalk view, at BWV for Jan. 24-Feb. 1.

I know it's awful to wish your life away...but....come on January, get here already!!!

I'll get you updated! :thumbsup2
We're planning on heading down there for DD's 19th birthday along with her best friend jan 6-13 2010 WOOHOOO:cool1:

and yay for my 2nd post! :banana::banana::banana:

WELCOME to the DIS and to the January planning thread! :cool1:

We'll be there from Jan. 16th to the 23rd!

This will be our first stay at our home resort at AKL! Hopefully we'll bring some family with us, which will make the stay all that more magical!

By the way, does it get cold in WDW in January?

Hey Mama Snowbird! You know I'm in! I hope to meet with our friends this weekend to start planning our trip! I just hope I can take a week off after only being employed with this new job for about 8 months!

Count me in! I'll be there for the half marathon, then I'm sticking around for a few solo days after. :cool1:

I'll be at Pop.
Hey! We'll be at Pop hopefully!
PS I saw on your signature line you're a Chuck fan! I thought I was the only one! I hope it comes back next season!

I feel like a stalker....every day on-line for AirTran...just waiting with anticipation until we can book our airfare! :upsidedow We need a straight thru flight out of Harrisburg, PA becuase lets face it....my father-in-law is not the easiest person to fly with! I think I'm more worried about flying with him than it being the first time for my boys!! :rotfl:

Is it January yet?!?!?!?!?!

:rotfl2:

Hey Girls! :goodvibes Looks like you started having fun without me! ;) Even though we are not totally official yet, I will come along and hang out with you all! :hug: I hope very soon to bale to ad my name to list for January 2010! I told my DH that we would need to decide by the end of Septwmber at the latest so we can plan our ADRs by Oct 25th! That would be our 90 days out for January 23rd! :cool1:

I posted this over on the old Snowbird thread but thought I would post it here too...it's loaded with tons of planning and organizing info for all of us that suffer from Disneyitis or DisneyOCD. C'mon I know I'm not alone! ;)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2179996

:banana:Time to start planning with :cold:Snowbirds:cold: new and old!!!!:cool1:

I feel like a stalker....every day on-line for AirTran...just waiting with anticipation until we can book our airfare! :upsidedow We need a straight thru flight out of Harrisburg, PA becuase lets face it....my father-in-law is not the easiest person to fly with! I think I'm more worried about flying with him than it being the first time for my boys!! :rotfl:

Is it January yet?!?!?!?!?!

are you going to All-Star Movies I'm going to stay in the all-star Movies too! For January 14-17 2010!

We'll be there from Jan. 16th to the 23rd!

This will be our first stay at our home resort at AKL! Hopefully we'll bring some family with us, which will make the stay all that more magical!

By the way, does it get cold in WDW in January?

:welcome:

When we were there this January it was cold for the first few days. Highs only in the 50's, which made for very chilly mornings and evenings (in the 30's). The following day it got into the mid 60's, then upper 70's the next day, and then low 80's the last 4 days. So the weather can be very unpredictable. So pack a little of everything and dress in layers!

Hey Mama Snowbird! You know I'm in! I hope to meet with our friends this weekend to start planning our trip! I just hope I can take a week off after only being employed with this new job for about 8 months!

:rotfl2:

Hey Girls! :goodvibes Looks like you started having fun without me! ;) Even though we are not totally official yet, I will come along and hang out with you all! :hug: I hope very soon to bale to ad my name to list for January 2010! I told my DH that we would need to decide by the end of Septwmber at the latest so we can plan our ADRs by Oct 25th! That would be our 90 days out for January 23rd! :cool1:

WELCOME to the new thread! :goodvibes

Kim - let me know when you get your dates squared away and I will get you added to the list! :thumbsup2

Count me in too...going end of Jan with my daughter and her 2 boys. Last Jan we had 7 of us at POP...thinking of CBR this year and less hectic trip all around....can't wait to see what deals we will get!:cool1:

Count me in too...going end of Jan with my daughter and her 2 boys. Last Jan we had 7 of us at POP...thinking of CBR this year and less hectic trip all around....can't wait to see what deals we will get!:cool1:

WELCOME GrammyJudy!! :goodvibes

Hope you get to stay at CBR, it's our favorite! :cool1:

WELCOME to the new thread! :goodvibes

Kim - let me know when you get your dates squared away and I will get you added to the list! :thumbsup2

Thanks Shelly! :) IF we go (and the only thing holding me back from committing right now is price of flights) we will be there Jan 23/24 - 30/31! It really depends on the cost of flights from MSP!

I have our list of ADRs and we have actually convinced my DH that staying at POFQ will be great! Just need to wait on those pesky flight prices.....;)

Okay, I'm not actually going in January, but I'm going to follow this thread (the stalker that I am!)! I have to stick with my Snowbird buddies!!

I'm there with you!!! :)

DH has his heart set on a cruise next year, so we'll be taking a year off from Disney. sad1: After going 2 January's in a row, it feels weird to not be planning for a Disney trip.....but, I'll be here planning with all of you in spirit!!

Thanks Shelly! :) IF we go (and the only thing holding me back from committing right now is price of flights) we will be there Jan 23/24 - 30/31! It really depends on the cost of flights from MSP!

I have our list of ADRs and we have actually convinced my DH that staying at POFQ will be great! Just need to wait on those pesky flight prices.....;)

Our trip is depending on a lot of things too. . . DH's job, WDW deals, moving, etc. . . I am very hopeful though that we will be able to make it happen! :wizard:

Here are our narrowed down resort possibilities in price-ranges depending on what the deal is and what we can afford at the time. . .

BCV or YC

WL or OKW

POR or CBR-pirate room

ASMo or POP

Any thoughts or opinions??? :yay:

are you going to All-Star Movies I'm going to stay in the all-star Movies too! For January 14-17 2010!

Yup! We're all staying at All Star Movies! We love it there. DH and I went there on our on a few years ago and loved it! I can't wait to see the boys' reactions to all the large icons...esp BUZZ!! DS5 is gonna flip!!

Our trip is depending on a lot of things too. . . DH's job, WDW deals, moving, etc. . . I am very hopeful though that we will be able to make it happen! :wizard:

Here are our narrowed down resort possibilities in price-ranges depending on what the deal is and what we can afford at the time. . .

BCV or YC

WL or OKW

POR or CBR-pirate room

ASMo or POP

Any thoughts or opinions??? :yay:

We LOVED WL! :love: The option of the boat ride was so very nice! Also, being 5 minutes from Monorail access was great too! The room was nice, but I wasn't too impressed with dining choices there, Roaring Forks was tiny and WCC was just too loud and obnoxious for our family!

We stayed at As Sports AND POP! If I had to choose a value, I would go with POP! They have their own busses, which means less of a chance of having to stand( ASMo is LAST on the All Stars circle!) the food court is Waaaaaay better and the possibility of a lakeview is nice too! Also POP is the closest Disney Resort to the Airport! :goodvibes

JMHO! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter