January 2010. . . Anyone else going???

We LOVED WL! :love: The option of the boat ride was so very nice! Also, being 5 minutes from Monorail access was great too! The room was nice, but I wasn't too impressed with dining choices there, Roaring Forks was tiny and WCC was just too loud and obnoxious for our family!

We stayed at As Sports AND POP! If I had to choose a value, I would go with POP! They have their own busses, which means less of a chance of having to stand( ASMo is LAST on the All Stars circle!) the food court is Waaaaaay better and the possibility of a lakeview is nice too! Also POP is the closest Disney Resort to the Airport! :goodvibes

JMHO! :)

I really like the looks of WL and love the idea of the bunk beds for the kids! So it is on the short list if we can afford a deluxe, but not a top of the line deluxe. I'd really much rather be in the Boardwalk area because we are more of DHS/Epcot people than we are MK people anymore. But hey, at this point I'll just be glad to make it there no matter where we stay!

Our trip is depending on a lot of things too. . . DH's job, WDW deals, moving, etc. . . I am very hopeful though that we will be able to make it happen! :wizard:

Here are our narrowed down resort possibilities in price-ranges depending on what the deal is and what we can afford at the time. . .

BCV or YC

WL or OKW

POR or CBR-pirate room

ASMo or POP

Any thoughts or opinions??? :yay:

My vote is ASMovies...only because I'm staying there too! If we weren't driving most of the time I would say Pop for the bus concerns.

I have been reading a lot of threads on "where to stay" and so many people talk about how much closer certain resorts are to certain parks. I like the idea of alternate transportation - like the boat from WL to MK or walking from Boardwalk to Epcot. I should point out that a number of people have said most times the difference in time is minimal - 5 -10 minutes different from resort to resort or using different modes of transportation. (I don't know if that's clear?)
We chose BLT to try a new (really new) resort and be able to walk to MK or take the monorail to Epcot. That's where we're spending most of our time this trip.
Every time I wonder where to stay, I just keep telling myself that I'm going to have to keep going back until I've stayed at all of the ones I want!! :)

My vote is ASMovies...only because I'm staying there too! If we weren't driving most of the time I would say Pop for the bus concerns.

We have always said we would stay at ASMo if we went Value, we like the theme. Never really been too interested in POP, but it does sound as if the transportation might be better. Plus I know it is located right next to CBR, therefore it is very centrally located to all the parks and DTD.

It's very likely we will stick with what we know and do a moderate. It will just be hard to decide if we should try the only one we haven't - POR, or stay at the one we like the best of the ones we have tried - CBR. :confused3

The Pirate rooms at CBR look really fun especially for the boys- kind of a compromise between the familiar and something new. pirate:

I have to be honest- the whole reason we are staying at ASMo is because of the theming! I've never looked into how close it is to the parks or any of the logical stuff. It has a giant Buzz and Woody and I have a HUGE Toy Story fan that will go ga-ga over them! That's all that matters to me. DH still wants to do CBR because he likes it so much but we've stayed there the past 3 trips and I'd like to let the kids enjoy staying in a room with a Toy Story poster!

I'll be a Snowbird again for 2010! I did the marathon this year and am going back to do the Goofy Challenge in 2010. :cheer2:

I'm not sure where I'll be staying this time. I stayed at ASMu and that was okay. I may stay there again or maybe POP this time. My brother and SIL from MD may fly down and stay with me too! I hope they do since I haven't seen them in forever and it'll be the first time anyone in my family has seen me finish a race.

My dates will be Jan. 6th - 13th. I can't wait to start planning!!!!

Shelly - we stayed at POR - albeit only for two nights, but we liked it. It was very relaxed, really felt like a vacation. They have a nice looking pool too - didn't use it. Liked the food court. The bus to MK was crowded, but it was the Friday of MLK weekend. I could see spending some time there again. (After I stay at all the other resorts, of course!)

Hey guys
We're planning a trip for January 2010 at POP, but we're unsure when to stay?

We have the 2nd through the 16th free with our schedules.
Should we do the 3rd through the 10th or the 9th through the 16th? Or something in between?
We know we want to go for a week.
How are crowds? Now, we went last year in July, as we are Rope Drop people who take advantage of Fast Passes and we had no problem with crowds/wait times except for one day in July on ToT - so we aren't too worried
But with the marathon, what should we do?
Right now we are aiming for the 3rd through the 10th
Any advice??

The Pirate rooms at CBR look really fun especially for the boys- kind of a compromise between the familiar and something new. pirate:

I have to be honest- the whole reason we are staying at ASMo is because of the theming! I've never looked into how close it is to the parks or any of the logical stuff. It has a giant Buzz and Woody and I have a HUGE Toy Story fan that will go ga-ga over them! That's all that matters to me. DH still wants to do CBR because he likes it so much but we've stayed there the past 3 trips and I'd like to let the kids enjoy staying in a room with a Toy Story poster!

I really like the look of ASMo too! :thumbsup2 I know my kids would love it! The girls and I would have no problem staying at a value - my DH is a bit of a snob though! ;) He REALLY didn't enjoy the values AT ALL! :lmao:

We tried 2 - AS Sports AND POP! Just as a room only on either end of our package. We had talked before the trip about upgrading to a mod for those nights but he didn't want to spend the extra $ (I got a really great deal for those 2 nights) but he told me after he wished we had splurged and spent the extra cause he really didn't like the values at all. :sad1: To each his own I guess :confused3

I think ASMo would be just super for kids! :thumbsup2 The huge Toy Story guys, the kiddie splash pool, movies at night, Perfect for kids! I hope you guys have a really great time! :goodvibes

Well our plans, as of right now, have us at WDW January 8-16, 2010. We are hoping to stay in a MK view room at the CR with the DlxDDP. The plan is that we are either going to pick up the boys early from school or just get them up and act like they are going to school and then go to the airport. We are going to be flying out on DS10 birthday and then hopefully stay until the 16th, if not at least 6 days. My birthday is the 10th, so we will be celebrating two birthdays while we are there. The DS's know about the trip, but they think it isn't until September 2010, so they still get to help plan and yet still get to be suprised.

So far, I have all of our ADR's picked, but will more than likely tweak it if the park hours come out before the 90 day out mark. This is mainy b/c this is a rescheduled trip and I'm just using the ADR calendar I made for the last one as a starting point. Since we will be there for two birthdays, I will more than likely adjust it so we eat where we want for our bday dinners. Also I am thinking about getting two cakes, one for my DS and one for me on each of our bdays. I asked DS if he could pick on place to eat for dinner where would it be. He just wants room service, so we can eat in our PJ's and watch the fireworks from our room. DS10's I would like delivered to the room while we are in the parks on his bday, and mine I will just have where ever we have dinner. DS10's cake will be a Stitch themed cake, and I would like them to take a small chunk out so it looks like Stitch took a bite of it. For mine I found a Tink cake that I really like on the cake thread, or maybe something to do with the new Up movie.

Sheree-You're not alone as a Snowbird stalker!!! :rotfl: You know I can't stay away from the Birdies! Who knows, maybe with enough convincing, we can go again in Jan. I think my DH would have to somehow get amnesia and forget that we've ever gone to WDW for that to happen, but I can dream right?

Hi there! It's been a while since I've checked and you have a new thread now. I'm excited that May is over. Can't wait for our trip!

Someone mentioned that Roaring Forks food court at WL is very small. How's their breakfast? We enjoyed the food court at CBR last time. I loved that they had boards above each station showing what that station served. I wonder if they meant Roaring Forks being small as in not much seating or what? Anyone know?

My 4 year old doesn't understand why he isn't going to school. Having trouble explaining summer vacation to him. When he's older he'll sure appreciate it. Ha!

We went over to Ohio last week to the air museum and Kings Island amusement park. I think we may try to go to Mammoth Cave and Holiday World (southern Indiana) this summer too. Have to think up some things to do for the summer time.

Have a great weekend!

I'll be a Snowbird again for 2010! I did the marathon this year and am going back to do the Goofy Challenge in 2010. :cheer2:

I'm not sure where I'll be staying this time. I stayed at ASMu and that was okay. I may stay there again or maybe POP this time. My brother and SIL from MD may fly down and stay with me too! I hope they do since I haven't seen them in forever and it'll be the first time anyone in my family has seen me finish a race.

My dates will be Jan. 6th - 13th. I can't wait to start planning!!!!

Hi there! It's been a while since I've checked and you have a new thread now. I'm excited that May is over. Can't wait for our trip!

Hey guys

:welcome: to the 2010 thread!! :cool1:

Our trip is depending on a lot of things too. . . DH's job, WDW deals, moving, etc. . . I am very hopeful though that we will be able to make it happen! :wizard:

Here are our narrowed down resort possibilities in price-ranges depending on what the deal is and what we can afford at the time. . .

BCV or YC

WL or OKW

POR or CBR-pirate room

ASMo or POP

Any thoughts or opinions??? :yay:

Your top 4 are some of my favs. We have only stayed at WL. I think your boys will love it. January it was cold riding the boat to MK, so we only did it once or twice. The Electric Water Parade was loud and after 2 nights we had had enough - LOL

We have stayed at ASMo. The only thing I liked more about WL was 1. double sinks and 2. it being hotel style- walking out and being in a hotel.

But honestly the ASMo was just as fun!

I haven't stayed at any of the others, but as you know I am just as undecided on which resort to stay at. Something is pulling me to ASMu Broadway section :rotfl:I have no idea why. I also like POFQ.

Someone mentioned that Roaring Forks food court at WL is very small. How's their breakfast? We enjoyed the food court at CBR last time. I loved that they had boards above each station showing what that station served. I wonder if they meant Roaring Forks being small as in not much seating or what? Anyone know?

My 4 year old doesn't understand why he isn't going to school. Having trouble explaining summer vacation to him. When he's older he'll sure appreciate it. Ha!

We went over to Ohio last week to the air museum and Kings Island amusement park. I think we may try to go to Mammoth Cave and Holiday World (southern Indiana) this summer too. Have to think up some things to do for the summer time.

Have a great weekend!

Roaring Forks is small. The area you order your food is small, one grill area, one sandwish area and 2 cashiers not very well positioned. The dining area is also small. I would guess it's the size of a McDonald's with less check outs :scared1:
We ordered breakfast here once and got some snacks. It was busy and chaotic. Luckily we did find a table to eat at for the 4 of us- but we arrived early- before 8 am. The CM are quick to clean the tables and it is a very clean restaurant, but really a grab and go. Nothing like a food court- if that is what you are use to.

Your top 4 are some of my favs. We have only stayed at WL. I think your boys will love it. January it was cold riding the boat to MK, so we only did it once or twice. The Electric Water Parade was loud and after 2 nights we had had enough - LOL

We have stayed at ASMo. The only thing I liked more about WL was 1. double sinks and 2. it being hotel style- walking out and being in a hotel.

But honestly the ASMo was just as fun!

I haven't stayed at any of the others, but as you know I am just as undecided on which resort to stay at. Something is pulling me to ASMu Broadway section :rotfl:I have no idea why. I also like POFQ.

I know, it's a tough decision.

We are definitely decided on BCV or YC if we can happen to afford the most expensive scenario. We just love the Boardwalk area. But this is probably very unlikely with DH's hours being cut at work and with us getting ready to move. Always so many unexpected expenses with moving. :sad2:

I think the boys would love WL too! I'm just not sure if I would. I'd really hate to pay extra when the room is the same size as CBR's rooms. You know? I realize that it is very close to MK, but still. Do all rooms have a balcony at WL?

We definitely don't mind the motel-style of the moderates/values. Walking out of our door straight to the outside is fine with us at Disney. The tiny rooms and single sink are a huge drawback for us with the values. But if that is the only thing budget will allow, I guess we will tough it out! :rotfl:

Decisions decisions. . . . :confused3

I agree, it is fun to try new things and especially to let your children experience new things! I'm sure they will love ASMo! Even if your DH and I know that CBR is the best! :goodvibes:rotfl:

Shelly - we stayed at POR - albeit only for two nights, but we liked it. It was very relaxed, really felt like a vacation. They have a nice looking pool too - didn't use it. Liked the food court. The bus to MK was crowded, but it was the Friday of MLK weekend. I could see spending some time there again. (After I stay at all the other resorts, of course!)

Thanks! The bus service does make me a bit nervous there. When we stayed at POFQ often times the bus filled up after only stopping at POFQ and maybe 1 or 2 of the POR stops. I always wondered what happened to the poor people waiting at the other POR stops. . . Probably/hopefully a new bus was dispatched to get them right away. We have looked at tons of pictures online. I love the looks of the outside of the resort, but not too drawn to the rooms pics. :confused3 So, we'll see. . .

Hey guys

We have the 2nd through the 16th free with our schedules.
Should we do the 3rd through the 10th or the 9th through the 16th? Or something in between?
We know we want to go for a week.
How are crowds? Now, we went last year in July, as we are Rope Drop people who take advantage of Fast Passes and we had no problem with crowds/wait times except for one day in July on ToT - so we aren't too worried
But with the marathon, what should we do?
Right now we are aiming for the 3rd through the 10th
Any advice??

I'm not sure about the beginning of the month. . . I think the first week of Janaury is pretty busy though. I don't think the marathon makes too much of a difference.

We arrived the day after MLK Day this year. We won't do that again. The week was busier than we expected. From what others have said that went the following week, it was better crowd wise. So, we are shooting for the last week of the month.

Roaring Forks is small. The area you order your food is small, one grill area, one sandwish area and 2 cashiers not very well positioned. The dining area is also small. I would guess it's the size of a McDonald's with less check outs :scared1:
We ordered breakfast here once and got some snacks. It was busy and chaotic. Luckily we did find a table to eat at for the 4 of us- but we arrived early- before 8 am. The CM are quick to clean the tables and it is a very clean restaurant, but really a grab and go. Nothing like a food court- if that is what you are use to.

What about breakfast in the Whispering Canyon Cafe? Is it quiet to eat breakfast in there or do they do the shanigans at breakfasttime too?

Thanks for the info.

We liked the CBR last time. I hate to pay WL prices, but I think I'm going to enjoy walking inside to go down to breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter