July5,2003 Magic...who's going?

Goodbye everyone......or at least the few who are still out there! Just think....next time we "talk", it will be for real. A safe journey to you all.
See you soon,
Jeanne

Hey guys, I started a Live from the July 5th Magic topic. I neglected to copy the link, but look for it and say hi if you get a chance.

We're back. We even got some extra time at Downtown Disney when the auto train was delayed. Look for my trip report sometime this week.

For all those of you I met and spent time with, it was a pleasure and a treat sailing with you. For those that I missed, I'm sorry we didn't get to meet, but I'm sure you had as great a time as we did.

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you all. The cruise people made us take our daughter to the Emergency Room and get clearance from their doctors before we could board the ship. She had been throwing up and was really sick. We had already checked in and left for the hospital at 10:30a.m. I was panicked, but we made it back on at 4:35p.m. She had a urinary tract infection. We didn't get out much the first few days. We had a wonderful time after that. It was very stressful to say the least!!!!

I got lucky enough to meet Jeannie and her husband as we were leaving.

All fourteen of our party signed up for the Eastern 7-day December 11, 2004. Already I've seen that Allseastravel.com is beating the DCL price by far. I think more family will join us this time. I look forward to hearing how all of your trips went. Hopefully better than our first two disastrous days.

I should correct myself....I met CarolJean and her husband when we were leaving. DH called her Jeannie!!!

Lisa

Whose all back safe and sound? We made it back home at 1:00 a.m. on Sunday. Kids did great on the ride back so just kept going.

Since about 30 minutes after I left the boat, I have been so queasy. At least maybe I'll lose some of the weight I gained since I can't eat. Is this happening because I am on land and NOT moving - kinda the opposite of seasick? I just hope I get over it soon.

We had a great time meeting everyone. Sandy and Judy - thanks for letting me hang out with you guys. Jeanne and Denise - thanks for the brunch and high tea ressies. Wendy and Doree - the boys loved the candy.

Talk to you soon - going to go lay back down.

Amy

Dis Mama: sorry your daughter wsn't feeling well and you had such a stressful first day. We were wondering why you didn't make it to the DIS meet. I did get to see you perform keraoke (quite well, I might add!) at Studio Sea. I only knew it was you because the emcee introduced you as Dis Mama. I would have stayed and introduced myself, but we were actually just passing through on our way to another event. I heard him announce your name and so I peeked in on what was happening. I hope the rest of your cruise went well.
Caroljean: What happened? Several of us tried to find you at the Radisson with no luck. I personally searched the pool area on 4 separate occasions, once carrying the 5 litres of wine and 2 dozen lime green cups and the other times wearing my green Mickey. There was another big bash going on so it was very difficult to spot anyone. We were wondering if you ever made it. I also brought my lucky(?) cards on board so we could play a few rounds of euchre but that never happened either. I hope all went well with you. Too bad you weren't able to hook up with the group.....it was a really nice batch of people and we had a great time.

OK, who was the couple hanging out in our meeting area watching everything but not coming forward? If you were DISers we would have loved to have met you.

By the way, the wine that never got served and ended up sitting in our car all week at the port is incredibly still good. DH and I decided to drown our sorrow that the cruise was over by opening up the box and having a pour. (We were afraid to serve it to anyone else!) Well, it was still good, so this will be a happy week.....5 litres is alot of wine!

Amy: Yeah, I'm also not feeling too steady on my feet. The same thing happened the last time. I'm not feeling sick, just very, very dizzy. Today is better than yesterday, so hopefully it will be totally gone in a day or two. Yesterday, I felt like I was extremely drunk and that was before the wine!

Since we got home, I've been talking to my friends non-stop about the cruise...they are getting annoyed already! It was wonderful meeting everyone, I had an awesome time. I'm not dizzy, but this morning while I was eating breakfast I definitely felt like I was moving! I hope everyone had a safe trip back!

Actually, this is the first time I didn't feel the motion after coming ashore.

I've already started working on my trip report and uploaded all my pictures.

Hello everyone. We just got back late last night - around 10:30 pm. Our flight was delayed about an hour due to storms in Washington.

We spent four nights at OKW - one of our home resorts for the first time. We loved it. I did actually feel like I was still on the ship while there. I found myself swaying a few times.

It was nice meeting some of you guys too. Congratulations again to Sandy's son for winnng one of the bingo games. I had also bought a small gift for the birthday girl at the Radisson but we only met luv2boys there. We did go to Cocoa Beach to see Ron Jon's fireworks after dinner. They were fantastic.

I can't believe the laundry and laundry I am doing even though I was keeping up on ship and at OKW. Looking forward to reading some of your trip reports.

Welcome home, Anna. How'd you like OKW? It's on of our home resorts too and we love it.

Guys - I started posting my trip report. Of course, never one to do things normally, I started from the last day backwards and only have from Cozumel on to disembarkation. But you can check it out at my web site.

gometros: I loved reading your trip report. I am so disappointed that I didn't get to meet you all as I had planned. I was locked in the room the first night with a very sick daughter. Did not get to go to the sail-away party or see Animator's Palate show :( However, I did go to Karaoke and I think I might have seen your daughter sing The Rose (well done), but I did not see your son. I was in there singing also. It was the first time I had sang infront of my kids. My son started crying...he did not want Mama on stage or I really stunk!!!!

I love all of the information you provide on your site. Thank you for taking the time.

Lisa

We too enjoyed the cruise greatly and departed MAGIC reluctantly and plotting a future adventure aboard DCL. Sorry, we did not knowingly meet up with many of you but would like to thank you for all of the very helpful insider tips. I felt like an experienced cruiser and was able to help out our dinner tablemates (4th trip for them) with some ideas I learned from this thread. have returned home after a great cruise. We did meet EYERN and family on Captain Marvin's sting ray outing and a few other times. (If you can copy the DVD, we'll buy the drinks at your favorite spot in Annapolis.:)

Look forward to seeing trip reports and will try to contribute soem material myself. We too are happily annoying our family and friends with our pictures and tales.

It turned out OK but with some problems with it getting darker at the stingray city portion.

I'll see what we can do about making a copy.

Originally posted by Dis Mama
gometros: I loved reading your trip report. I am so disappointed that I didn't get to meet you all as I had planned. I was locked in the room the first night with a very sick daughter. Did not get to go to the sail-away party or see Animator's Palate show :( However, I did go to Karaoke and I think I might have seen your daughter sing The Rose (well done), but I did not see your son. I was in there singing also. It was the first time I had sang infront of my kids. My son started crying...he did not want Mama on stage or I really stunk!!!!

Wait, what song did you sing? We were there and I remember them introducing a Lisa, but I don't recall for which song. Yes, that was Sara singing The Rose

So sorry about the problems you had the first day. Glad it was only the first day and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your cruise.

On that night I believe I sang "What's Up" by 4NonBlondes and on the second night I sang "Nothing Compares 2 You" by Sinead O'Conner. I struggled on both because I haven't sang in a long time. Used to sing a lot before kids :). There were 14 of us sitting in the front row area and all of our kids were dancing. They had a blast in there!!!

Lisa

Hi Sandy, Jeanne,Denise, Wendy et al
We're finally home...we had such a good time meeting you all, hope we'll be cruising with you all next year....Sandy didn't you say you set up a link already for the August 7th cruise? I haven't looked for it yet.
We had an incident with Corey at the Animal Kingdom, he and I had a little disagreement and he decided to "run away" Disney security was WONDERFUL...they finally found him after 4 hours of his being "backstage" at the Animal Kingdom. He was wandering through all the jungle/forest area....luckily he didn't run into any of the real wild animals like the bear and cougar they have down there. Things are ok for now....
Got our Stingray City pictures back...will attempt to email the ones of Sandy/Judy and Jeanne/John to you and if you email your regular address Sandy I'll snail mail them to you (Jeanne I'll get your photos out to you too since I have your address)
WDW had a really bad storm on Friday night before we left...over 250 lightening strikes per hour. Trees uprooted, carts around Boardwalk turned over, garbage cans blown down the Boardwalk...we had lots of fun trying to get from the Flying Fish Cafe back to Disney Beach Club Villas....ugh!!! Very scarey !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter