July5,2003 Magic...who's going?

Sounds like that was some storm you guys experienced! At least it didn't happen while you were at the parks or, even worse, driving. Glad you made it home safe and sound. I take it the "congregation" has also survived!
Sorry to hear about your bad day with Corey.....he seemed to be having a great time during the cruise whenever we saw him. Teenagers for the most part are a pretty nasty lot. I'm so glad all of mine have finally made it to the first stage of being "legal".

Wow. four hours you must have been beside yourself.

Has the preist forgiven you guys for leaving yet?

Shelley - Here's the link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=403263

So sorry about your experience with Corey, but I'm glad it all turned out all right in the end. I did a similar thing to my parents on a cross-country trip when I was 10. We were in Zion National Park and they thought I was lost. With help from the Ranger, they eventually found me playing with the Ranger's son (who I made friends with) in his own backyard!

well, just went on this thread today and read some trip reports!!! great job! sitting here with a big smile rembering everything . it's been a strange summer since we've been back hasn't it? nothing can compare with the wonderful time we had. alison put her pictures in an dcl album. we've been taking our pictures places to show people!!! so many from shutter!!! beautiful aren't they! well we sighned and notarized the papers for the DVD!!! so we're in!!! we just don't know how we are paying for it yet! the rates rose while we were away so we didn't refi again. prbably home equity. who knows?! we're going on a vacation again!!!!!don't know when , but we're going! alison goes to college aug 22 and i've been crying on and off about silly things cause it will be differnt around here. any of you moms out there go thru the same thing? laura is in a summer theather of bye bye birdie, which puts on 5 shows! dana is back to going a million differt places either nyc, newark , wash dc, ect. and i am at he school for the last three weeks for the summer program school nurse. i will go bacinto the substitute nuse pool in sept. this sat is my last day at THE DISNEY STORE!! it's been a good run. 5yrs 10 months and using the 15% discount on the pts for the dvc. i will miss it but i need the weekends back. well everyone please keep in touch. we ALL had such a great time. oh we got our postacrd from castaway cay. the kids wrote us, " thaks for taking us here" so it was all worth it. thanks again for being so nice to all of us. it was great! soon lisa

Lisa
How lovely to hear from you - you certainly have had a busy summer! I agree it was a wonderful cruise
We got back safely a couple of weeks ago and slowly getting back to normal. I go back to school a week on monday - in no rush for that!
Wendy

Hi everyone again. It seems there has been some activity here again. I just received the last e-mail notification by Minniemart. Need to catch up again with these last e-mails.

We own at OKW and BCV (added another 50 pts. BCV at the member bbq). We were in building 14 and all our requests were made. We really enjoyed it, it really felt like home. On our last day since we had a late flight, we went over to check SAB and VWL. We were also very impressed with VWL and hope to try both of these resorts too someday.

My kids want to do the Eastern Cruise again in two years. We shall see how we stand next year when it's time to book. My ds is starting college end of August - I am having problems with aol again. Will keep in touch.

I sort of created a problem by starting an Aigist 7, 2004 discussion as soon as we booked. So while the five families from the July 5th cruise who are going on that cruise are talking there, we may have neglected this thread. Sorry.

Lisa - heard all about Laura;s show from Elana. Elana just performed as the Fairy Godmother in the Helen Hayes Junior theater production of Cinderella and now they are rehearsing for Pirates of Penzace. Isn't it wonderful that we have such talented children?

Btw, speaking of the August 7th cruise. Tomorrow marks one year to go!

Jeanne brought up an excellent point on our August 7th thread. Because five of us are cruising together again, we've taken most of our discussion over there and neglected our other friends we met on this cruise. It also caused a second problem, perhaps scaring away some new cruiers who will be joining us on the August 7th cruise by maybe appearing too cliquish. So, I don't see why we can't keep this thread going as a means to let everyone know how each of us are doing.

it seems to be working! let's hope we get some new blood (hey, it's Halloween!) on the 8/7 thread.

Do you guys recall my mentioning that I was going to start up a side business and get back into my photographic side? Well, I finally got it going. I shot my first event yesterday and posted the pictures to my storefront. You can check it out here and get an idea of what I'll be doing:

http://hvsi.photoreflect.com

great pictures Sandy....are you going to be expanding into Musical photos as well?

Sports is my primary thing, but I'd like to do musicals also. The thing is with sports, I can just show up. With musicals, I have to get permission. What I'm thinking of doing is striking a deal with the school to give them a kickback of anything I make.

Wow, great photos, Sandy! That wouldn't be Elana's team by any chance? Some of the photos looked like it could be her, but I wasn't sure.
BTW, speaking of musicals, I had the good fortune of obtaining 4th row center orch seats to "Boy From Oz" when I was in NYC two weeks ago. I know the critics weren't too fond of it, but Hugh Jackman was amazing. His singing is really excellent and seemed so effortless. His dance moves were pretty awesome also. I know there's alot of musical interest on this thread, so I would definitely recommend catching this show while he's still in it. I don't know if I mentioned this before, but I'll be headed out to California in less than 2 weeks. John is doing a presentation to the American Academy of Ophthalmology which has their annual meeting at the Anaheim Convention Center this year. Unfortunately, we were unable to get reservations at one of the Disney resorts (they've been booked solid for over a month now), but we will be staying at one of the "Good Neighbor" resorts directly across from the parks. Jason won't go because he's taking AP courses and gets anal about missing class, so I'm "stuck" doing the parks alone. (Wendy can tell you about my attempt at finding a park "buddy"!!!!!!!) Anyhow, I'm way off the track here.....what I wanted to mention was that I was never able to get tickets to see "the Producers" in NY when it had Nathan Lane and Matt Broderick and then when they left, I just wasn't all that interested. Well, we got tickets to see it in LA and guess who's in it?........Martin Short and Jason Alexander! It should be dynamite and I'm really excited about seeing them together. Plus, my oldest son and his girlfriend will be accompanying us to the theatre and they have agreed to spend Saturday with me at the parks!
I didn't say anything before because we've so much bad news lately, I didn't think it was appropriate, but I know you guys love music so much, "i just couldn't keep it in" (that should probably be my new tag....!!!)

Hi everyone,
this is Ashley here,do you remember me,my wife Karen and son Gary from the 5th July cruise.

Anyway i would like to share some good news with you.

our son Gary got straight A's in his final school exams ,in fact getting one of the highest marks in the UK in Physics.

He was offered a place at Cambridge University,Emmanuel College Where he started in October.Cambridge University is currently rated top in the UK ,even ahead of Oxford.

Emmanuel college was founded in 1584 ,and many famous people have attended there ,including John Harvard(who founded Harvard,the first american University),and also the governor of the Bank of England,so Gary has a lot to live up to.

They have quite an interesting web site and Webcam if anyone is interested.
http://www.emma.cam.ac.uk/

The students there get all their meals provided,their rooms cleaned for them and even their laundry is done for them.There are also beautiful grounds and immaculately kept gardens surrounding the college.so not a bad life.(If Disney ran a University it would be like Emmanuel College Cambridge).

There is a lot of history surrounding the College and they get a lot of tourists,and gary gets quite a buzz telling them that he actually lives in these historic buildings.

He has also taken up rowing ,so I think he may be hoping to train hard for the Boat race with Oxford (I dont think so).

Sandy i have also discovered that the rules for soccer developed for the football association were invented in Cambridge on a green field called Parkers Piece ,that is next to the college.I think some amateur teams still play there today.

I am sad we will be unable to go on the cruise on 7th August,but we have not yet decided what we are doing this summer and the dates would not fit our schedule.

I hope you do not mind me posting to this site,and I must admit that I have been following the goings on from the sidelines.

Ashley

Jeanne - Elana doesn't go to either of the schools in the pictures (as a matter of fact, one of them is the local Catholic High School :), she's not into sports like her brother is. The schools are are into playoffs mode and those were two of the top high schools in their division.

Ashley - I never had any doubt that Gary was going to make it into Cambridge. Congrats on his scoring the highest marks. Btw, Sara is hoping to do a semester in England next year. I think the last I heard was the University of Sunderland. Even though we won't be able to get her mother on a plane to visit, I know I intend to make the trip over at least once to see her.

That's wonderful news about Gary. You and Karen have good reason to be very proud. That's amazing that they get housekeeping service in their dorms. Jen would be so jealous!
Thanks for the historical info about Cambridge....is University in UK typically a 4-yr program as it is here in the states?
Feel free to post anytime....
Jeanne

Hey, Sandy, when I went to Mother Cabrini in NYC, there were several Jewish girls in my year whose parents merely wanted a top-notch education. When we had religious studies, they had study hall.

Well done Sandy, it looks excellent. Very impressive.
All the very best with it.
Wendy

Originally posted by jeanneg
Hey, Sandy, when I went to Mother Cabrini in NYC, there were several Jewish girls in my year whose parents merely wanted a top-notch education. When we had religious studies, they had study hall.

Jeanne - sorry, I didn't mean belittle the assumption. I'm sure in many areas where the choice is a lesser education in public schools or a better education in a religious school of a different denomination, that is definitely a viable choice. In my area, where the Jewish population is 33%, there are plenty of Jewish private schools for us to choose from, if we so desired. Of course, with a last name of Canetti, she might fit in better with the Catholic school :teeth:

Hi all
Jeanne - I am dead jealous of your trip - have a great time. I would love to see that production.
Ashley - please pass on our congratulations to Gary - rowing is great fun too!
Wendy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter