Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a picture of the outfits I made for my girls to wear to breakfast at CP. My older daughter will have an embroidered Pooh on a white t-shirt, but I don't have it back from the embroiderer yet.

47b7d804b3127cce86d34b33bd8100000025118MYtm7ds0k

47b7d804b3127cce86d34b3c3cbe00000026108MYtm7ds0k

47b7d804b3127cce86d34b383cba00000026108MYtm7ds0k

I loves the outfits. Great compliment with the blue and white dots too! Very cute!

I may be off base here, but my interpretation of what Castle said was simply putting it that people post pics of their kids and such here and if we are all jumping all over the one that shows a snot in it, you can only imagine what may be getting said (or thought) about other pics that are posted to our thread. That talking about a snot photo may inhibit a person from wanting to post pictures that may be in someone else's eyes, less than perfect. Like I said, maybe I am wrong, but that is how I took it. I don't think she meant to say that someone DID have issue with a disabled child or anything else.

Like I've said before, you DO have adorable kids. Your son has the most striking eyes and I am drawn to his photo every time you post. I swear I'm not some fruit cake...I just know a cute kid when I see one. :cutie:

I understand what Castle meant.....BUT, in my opinion, there's a huge difference between pictures of children posted on this board and pictures posted on Ebay, TRYING to sell a product...

There have been many outfits on here that someone posts and I go "ick, that LOOKS homemade"....BUT, it's an outfit that is for their child, not an outfit they're trying to sell...See the difference?

If you're trying to sell merchandise, you want the best possible photo to enhance what you're trying to sell. Posting a photo with boogers and messy hair surely doesn't make the item more appealing.

Obviously, the seller is new to the Ebay boutique selling community. All she'd have to do is take one look at others' auctions and see the difference between outfits that sell and hers, outfits that don't.

Okay, nobody laugh this is the very first thing I've ever sewn in my life! Very basic and simple, but it gave me the confidence to try something a bit harder. It seems a bit plain to me now. I think I'm going to add a turquoise edge to the bottom, now that I've had some more practice.:thumbsup2

Sorry this top picture for some reason will not resize or flip...

June107-1.jpg

June114.jpg

You are doing an excellent job on these outfits. Loved the red/yellow one also.:thumbsup2 I do have one suggestion on this one if that would be okay? Would you please trim those ribbons in back, they scare me a little for your baby girl's safety. They are a little long and maybe you had already plaaned to trim them. I just see her trying to get on and off a ride and those getting caught:scared:

You are really doing an exceptional job for just starting out on these outits.:goodvibes

I'm working on strip work top and gauchos for my twins, and I just bought a Fiskars brand rotary cutter and mat the other day. It is as if the blade is dull because it isn't even cutting through the fabric. There will be long strips that aren't cut! :headache: I'm only cutting through one layer! I could go alot faster if I could cut two strips at a time. Uuugghhh!

Please someone help me figure out what is wrong? I'm going crazy! :crazy:

ETA: I'm having trouble cutting the fabric, but I didn't have any trouble slicing through my finger with the darn thing!

You are doing an excellent job on these outfits. Loved the red/yellow one also.:thumbsup2 I do have one suggestion on this one if that would be okay? Would you please trim those ribbons in back, they scare me a little for your baby girl's safety. They are a little long and maybe you had already plaaned to trim them. I just see her trying to get on and off a ride and those getting caught:scared:

You are really doing an exceptional job for just starting out on these outits.:goodvibes

Yes, I do plan on cutting those ribbons, I might just use that ribbon to add to the bottom edge, so it's not so plain, hence I never cut it.;)

Here is a picture of the outfits I made for my girls to wear to breakfast at CP. My older daughter will have an embroidered Pooh on a white t-shirt, but I don't have it back from the embroiderer yet.

47b7d804b3127cce86d34b33bd8100000025118MYtm7ds0k

I love how you matched the blue polka dot fabric with that. I just bought that pooh bear fabric last night and was thinking it would have been an overwhelming print by itself but with the blue, is perfect.

Of course, this thread is so *not* good for my wallet. I have bought so much fabric & made nothing with it yet. Plus, we aren't even planning on going to Disney until 2009. The only catch is my DD is 13, so we are trying to come up with stuff that is more teenager (although she said she will definitely wear anything Disney themed at Disney but won't be caught dead wearing it here at home! :lmao: ), she also wants me to make some Villian stuff.

Otherwise it's 3 boys I have to make for, so not sure what I'm doing yet.

I'm with the others that once I'm not so creative coming up with the stuff myself but with seeing others creations then I can tweak it from there.

I understand what Castle meant.....BUT, in my opinion, there's a huge difference between pictures of children posted on this board and pictures posted on Ebay, TRYING to sell a product...

Agreed, I wasn't arguing that.

There have been many outfits on here that someone posts and I go "ick, that LOOKS homemade"....BUT, it's an outfit that is for their child, not an outfit they're trying to sell...See the difference?

I never took issue with this. I think the whole premise was that folks seemed a bit judgemental. No, I would never post a photo of my kid with snot in the pic if I were trying to sell an outfit-or even if I wasn't trying to sell an outfit. The woman obviously did not use good judgement with that. IMO, I haven't seen any horrible outfits on this thread, but we all have different taste. We all do the best that we can. I mock nobody for giving their all-especially when sewing may not be their field of expertise.

If you're trying to sell merchandise, you want the best possible photo to enhance what you're trying to sell. Posting a photo with boogers and messy hair surely doesn't make the item more appealing.

Obviously, the seller is new to the Ebay boutique selling community. All she'd have to do is take one look at others' auctions and see the difference between outfits that sell and hers, outfits that don't.

I agree-some folks don't do their homework when it comes to listing on Ebay. My posting about what I thought Castle meant really had nothing to do with this though.

There are a lot of us going in September! (Must be the draw of free food!)

What are everyone's Sept travel dates and where are you staying?

We are going on the Disney Wonder Sept 9 and then we'll be at the Polynesian Sept 13-17. :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 Okay, I guess I'm officially out of lurkdom on this thread. :rotfl: Try as I might ya'll keep bringing me back in...:surfweb:

For those of you who will be going in September, my family will be there for the FREE dining from the 8th to the 18th. It was too good of a deal to pass up. :rolleyes: '

I noticed a few of you would be there at the same time. Do any of you have older children that will be outfitted also?

In our group there will be older kids decked out, boys and girls. So I cant wait to see what you all will be wearing also. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 My poor kids don't stand a chance.:rotfl2: They have matching jewelry, clothes, etc., etc.,

Big question for all of you experienced dissers who have decked your kids out in disney boutique before. What kind of character interaction did you have? I love interacting with the characters and usually end up with some fun times and photos. :rolleyes1 Maybe I'm just a big goof though.:goodvibes I have only put my kids in tshirts and shorts before, so I'm really looking forward to hearing your stories.

I know that when I made the girls all wear their princess dresses on the plane so that they wouldnt be crushed in the suitcase, they got ALOT of ATTENTION. Even the stewardesses (sp?) made a fuss over them. The pilot even commented on taking the princesses back to WDW. We were approached by people at the airport, who were going to WDW, and asked about our outfits. :rotfl: It made me wish at that moment that I had made Disney outfits for everyday. If it got that much interaction and fun, I wanted to do more and that's why I'm here. :thumbsup2

I am very sorry if I offended anyone with laughing about the infamous picture. I was just shocked that someone would post that to sell an outfit on ebay. Again, sorry. Just wanted to say that! Now...moving on...

All the recently added outfits look great! Love the minnie outfit, Ladyrob! The newest Wal-mart dress looks great, the pooh and Nemo dresses are too cute! I'm trying to get my "real" work done and sent off so I can finally sit down and do some sewing for DD!! Although, I'm running out to Wal-Mart today in order to get that pink Mickey fabric before I miss out.

One question...We're not going until December. I bought a lot of that green Swirl Mickey fabric (from WAY back at the start of the thread) along with the matching stripe and solid pink fabric. Do you all think that is too "summer/spring-ish" for the holidays?

Thanks!!

We are going on the Disney Wonder Sept 9 and then we'll be at the Polynesian Sept 13-17. :thumbsup2

You beat me to the punch by seconds...:lmao:

karrierocks that is an excellent idea:thumbsup2 I cant wait to see it.

Ok, I am coming out of lurkdom to comment on these wonderful outfits! I do not sew but my mother does. She is always telling me I should sell my scrapbook pages but after looking at Ebay I think it's she who needs to get in the market. I have e-mailed her a couple of outfits and the princess toile to see if she could make something for my daughter. We are going in September too. I would love to try something but my sewing machine has only been used for scrapping and I'm not sure if it would work.

I did go to JoAnns to look at patterns. Would anyone suggest Sewing for Dummies? The patterns look easy. Or that website some of you have mentioned? Is that for beginners? Thanks. I have been looking forward to checking in on this thread for about a week now.

Darn...we are going right after free dining ends! We are heading down to Disney on September 29th and will be there until October 8th. We wanted to hit the F&W Festival.

**Someone asked about older kids wearing boutique items. My teenagers will be! And so will I! I guess the only little one in our group is my nephew who is now 21 months (who will officially be adopted as our SON on June 28th).

Ok, I am coming out of lurkdom to comment on these wonderful outfits! I do not sew but my mother does. She is always telling me I should sell my scrapbook pages but after looking at Ebay I think it's she who needs to get in the market. I have e-mailed her a couple of outfits and the princess toile to see if she could make something for my daughter. We are going in September too. I would love to try something but my sewing machine has only been used for scrapping and I'm not sure if it would work.

I did go to JoAnns to look at patterns. Would anyone suggest Sewing for Dummies? The patterns look easy. Or that website some of you have mentioned? Is that for beginners? Thanks. I have been looking forward to checking in on this thread for about a week now.

My personal opinion was that the Easy to Sew was easier than the Sewing for dummies. But it could have just been the pattern I got. I have had more luck with the Easy to sew patterns having more of what I'm looking for also. :goodvibes

But just know that if any of you try the Hillary Duff patterns, the pants are evidently LOW RISE. I helped my daughter make a pair for her sewing project and they were a little low down whe we finished and we didnt change the pattern any. They turned out cute, but I always make her wear a LONG top over the top of them.....

Ladyrob has been telling about the you can make it too, which seems to have fairly easy to follow instructions on it. Hopefully she can reply to your question on it. ;)

I've never used the Sewing for Dummies patterns, but I have used a couple of the Simplicity Quick Sew patterns. At first, I had to get my mom to help me with some of it, but now I can follow the pattern directions on my own.

I'm still in need of rotary cutter advice.

:
I know that when I made the girls all wear their princess dresses on the plane so that they wouldnt be crushed in the suitcase, they got ALOT of ATTENTION. Even the stewardesses (sp?) made a fuss over them. The pilot even commented on taking the princesses back to WDW. We were approached by people at the airport, who were going to WDW, and asked about our outfits. :rotfl: It made me wish at that moment that I had made Disney outfits for everyday. If it got that much interaction and fun, I wanted to do more and that's why I'm here. :thumbsup2

We always get tons of attention while we're there in our boutique clothing. Comments from other vacationers, cast members, and nods of approval from characters. My daugther loves it.

You mentioning the airport made me want to post pictures of what my kiddos will be wearing for our plane ride:

Here's my son's set:
100b0570.jpg

My daughter's set is going to be identical to it except she has a girlie "puff sleeve" tee (same fabric though). Her jeans will have the plane on them, but blue and green gingham ruffles on the bottom.

I guess the only little one in our group is my nephew who is now 21 months (who will officially be adopted as our SON on June 28th).

Ooohh, congrats KeepMoving. I hope the 28th is a wonderful day.

Kim
---------
mom to 2, adopted at 13 months and 16 months, respectively. :)

What do you girls think of this set for my son for our Backyard BBQ? (I haven't made it yet, this is just an idea)

BBQ.jpg

Will it match my daugther's set?

100_0602.jpg

What do you girls think of this set for my son for our Backyard BBQ? (I haven't made it yet, this is just an idea)

BBQ.jpg

100_0602.jpg

I think that would be so cute!

I loved the pooh outfit and the red minnie dress with the little girl's name on it- adorable!

Congrats to all the WalMart "pimpers"- those look great- I am forcing myself to finish mine in the next two days!

I think I officially have decided to ask for a sewing machine for my birthday!

BBQ.jpg

100_0602.jpg

Oh my gosh! That is the absolute most perfect outfit for Mickey's Backyard BBQ!!! I love both the shortalls and your daughter's dress!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter