Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooohh, congrats KeepMoving. I hope the 28th is a wonderful day.

Kim
---------
mom to 2, adopted at 13 months and 16 months, respectively. :)

Thanks! We have been looking forward to this for the past year! I can't believe we are FINALLY teetering on the edge of making it all official!

What do you girls think of this set for my son for our Backyard BBQ? (I haven't made it yet, this is just an idea)

BBQ.jpg

Will it match my daugther's set?

100_0602.jpg

I love both outfits-perfect for a backyard BBQ or Disney! ;)

What do you girls think of this set for my son for our Backyard BBQ? (I haven't made it yet, this is just an idea)

BBQ.jpg

Will it match my daugther's set?

100_0602.jpg

I really like this! it's perfect for Mickey's BBQ. We've only done it once and had fun but I don't think it was worth the two TS credits. Do they still use 2 TS for it? We're doing Hoop Dee Doo and DD wants a yellow gingham dress like Flora's, her favorite character there. I need to make it still and the kids love Hoop Dee Doo so much I think it's worth the 2 TS. If Mickey's BBQ was 1 TS we'd do it again. Love those outifits!

Okay, for the shoes, did you just paint right on them or did you have to prime the shoes first? Do you know if the paint comes off easily with wearing? I am wanting to do a pair, but I'd be upset if it scratches off with wear pretty easy. What did you use?

I just painted right on the shoes without priming. I used regular fabric paint. It didn't say anywhere on the bottle that I should prime first, so I didn't. I don't know if it will come off easily--I figure if they look good for the 2 or 3 days that I want them to wear them in the park, then I will have gotten my money's worth. The shoes were only $6 at Walmart and it took me maybe an hour to do each pair.

I really like this! it's perfect for Mickey's BBQ. We've only done it once and had fun but I don't think it was worth the two TS credits. Do they still use 2 TS for it? We're doing Hoop Dee Doo and DD wants a yellow gingham dress like Flora's, her favorite character there. I need to make it still and the kids love Hoop Dee Doo so much I think it's worth the 2 TS. If Mickey's BBQ was 1 TS we'd do it again. Love those outifits!

Not sure if they use 2 TS for it....When I booked it, I just prepaid it. :) We've never been there before, so it should be fun!

When we go down in October, we're going to the Hoop Dee Doo with my brother (50% off..YEA!!), so I thought for December we'd try something different! I can't wait!

First off-
Someone mentioned that their kids dont wear their Disney clothes around the house...what is everyone's consensus on this???? Do your kids wear these clothes at home- or are they saved just for Disney? As much as I adore Disney- we cant go more then every other year or so...I love these outfits- but will it be silly to wear them around Iowa???:lmao: The only one I have done so far is Laila's bday dress for her Minnie party- and I am still not done yet- the party is Sunday so I better get scootin';)

My kids wear their outfits at home all the time. We wore them for our April trip & will wear them again for our "Quick August Trip to Get to the Pirate & Princess Party". My girls wore their Tinker Bell dresses to Kennywood (a local amusement park). I posted pics of the dresses a few pages back. They got more compliments than they've ever gotten. Made me feel sooo good. :goodvibes Of course, they didn't look close enough to see all the mistakes! :lmao:

Where did this fabric come from?? maybe I can describe it - pink background with Mickey ears scattered all over it in green, blue, red, white...
there is an custom auction up on Ebay that uses it - I'm not sure of the posting guidelines (maybe I won't get in trouble) but you can find it by searching custom minnie mouse halter capri
I've never seen it before - Our Hancock closed down, our "super" Wal-mart has stopped carrying fabric and the nearest JoAnn's is over an hour away near Atlanta. I'm planning a trip soon to JoAnn's to get "jungle" fabric and ribbon for our Animal Kingdom outfits and need to know if there is somewhere I can pick this fabric up also.

Where did this fabric come from?? maybe I can describe it - pink background with Mickey ears scattered all over it in green, blue, red, white...
there is an custom auction up on Ebay that uses it - I'm not sure of the posting guidelines (maybe I won't get in trouble) but you can find it by searching custom minnie mouse halter capri
I've never seen it before - Our Hancock closed down, our "super" Wal-mart has stopped carrying fabric and the nearest JoAnn's is over an hour away near Atlanta. I'm planning a trip soon to JoAnn's to get "jungle" fabric and ribbon for our Animal Kingdom outfits and need to know if there is somewhere I can pick this fabric up also.

I know Joanns had some and I think Walmart did also. Sometimes they hide their fabric in weird places, so always ask the clerk if they have any mickey fabrics.

We go in early September. Designed*by*Dena is going to make a Jojo set for me.

Good choice Tink! I found Dena last October before this thread started and she made my DD a pooh outfit for her birthday. It was gorgeous! Can't wait to see it!

Blakely

In my area only Joann has carried it. None of the Wal-Marts ever got it in. It's seersucker.

Hi ladies, I have been enjoying this boards for quite a while. :lovestruc LOVE that BBQ dress BTW.

I made my DD a jasmine costume this weekend. I wanted something comfy that doesn't expose the tummy. I used this pattern (fabric from Hobby Lobby) and just increased the width/length of the pants for fullness. Also I added gold sequins around the neckline and coins around the waist. I think the coins really "make it".

Here's the finish product

I did some gold detail stitching also, but it didn't photograph too well.

I also saw some lanyard autograph book purses on ebay. They were so cute. If they are from anyone here, I want to say thanks for the inspiration. I made my own using 1/2 yard fabric and fusible batting plus 1 yard of the belt/lanyard (measure depending on the child). I also added some fullness to the bottom and velcro closure. I made my son a backpack as well. I can give the dimensions I used if anyone is interested. Instructions posted on pg. 219 post #3271

and the models...

buffy, :thumbsup2 !

I would love to know the dimensions of the bags if you don't mind. I have 4 dd's and 1 ds and I would love to make them a special bag. Thanks in advance!

Okay... After a night's sleep, I've rethought the purple princess toile for DD.

We also have a DS (who will be 6 when we go to WDW next June), and I'm famous for dressing DD & DS in matching clothes. When they were a little younger, I was always buying them those cute little matching brother/sister outfits that you can find on-line at places like CWD Kids & Storybook Heirlooms. Sometimes, I could find matching outfits at Gymboree & even JCPenney's & Belk too. (They've had the cutest Easter & Christmas outfits!) However, as they've gotten older, it's been harder to find true matching/coordinating (same fabric) outfits, and I've had to get creative. This past Easter, they wore sage green, &, the previous Easter, they wore lavender. I found a cute dress for DD & then put DS in a matching lavender Polo shirt. (All previous holidays, DD has had to wear blues & greens to match DS, so I decided it was time that she had a Easter dress in her fav color.) While DS was content to wear his lavender shirt a year ago (year 2006), this year (2007), he really, really doesn't like wearing it - even though it still fits. He'll wear it, but it's so not his favorite thing to wear on Sunday mornings just so he'll match his sister.

So, what's the point of the above ramble? :rolleyes1

When we go to WDW, all 4 of us match/coordinate. Last year, on our CRT day, DD had a light blue, yellow, & white Cinderella t-shirt w/ navy shorts which she wore until it was time to change into her Cinderella princess costume. DS wore a matching light blue t-shirt w/ white & yellow stripes w/ navy shorts while DH & I wore white shirts w/ navy shorts.

So, now I'm thinking, that if I find/purchase the gorgeous lavender princess toile fabric, I'm not going to find matching shirts/outfits for the rest of us. I know I could find lavender shirts for DH & DS, but DS wouldn't be happy at all. (And I'm not sure DH would either! ;) ) And, even though CRT is a "princess" meal, I still want DS to feel special too. (Last year, I bought a special "Dash" from the Incredibles ballcap for him to wear on our CRT day. The previous year, he was 3 years old, and he wore a Peter Pan costume to CRT while DD wore a Tinkerbell costume.) And I'm thinking that if I make DS wear a lavender polo shirt to CRT so that he'll match his sister, it's just really not going to be fun for him at all. :guilty:

Gosh! I'm still rambling aren't I? :rolleyes1

The point of this post?

When I was looking for the lavender princess toile, I came across some blue & white Cinderella toile fabric. However, now, I can't find it! Was I dreaming it? Or, is there really a blue & white Cinderella toile out there? If so, this would be so perfect!

DD would get a darling sundress in a princess fabric. (And I love, love, love toile!) And I could easily match DS (and DH & myself too) to DD's outfit. I can get a light blue shirt for DS & put one of his fav characters on the shirt which would make him happy, and, then, he could have a "special" outfit too. And we could all coordinate which would satisfy my "matching" fetish! :cloud9:

So, help, please! Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

I have seen blue and white Pooh toile, but not Cinderella. I would LOVE some of that. As for the lavender princess toile -- I bought some about 2 years ago at W-M and cut it up for aprons for my 2 DGDs and 2 DNs. Oh, if I only knew then what I know now!

Ok Girls! I have 3 outfits to share. While viewing, please keep these things in mind: I hand sew, they aren't perfect, Only the Pooh dress is done, The Nemo gauchos still need to be hemmed and the appliques on the top haven't been stiched around, the ice cream dress' applique is unfinished as well. I just couldn't wait to share!!! The Pooh dress is for MK and dinner at CP, Nemo for Epcot and dinner at Coral Reef, Ice Cream dress and bow for night at Boardwalk and dinner at Beaches & Cream.

DSCN5324.jpg

DSCN5326.jpg

DSCN5341.jpg

DSCN5349.jpg

DSCN5350.jpg

DSCN5351.jpg

DSCN5352.jpg

DSCN5334-1.jpg

DSCN5335.jpg

DSCN5338.jpg

DSCN5340.jpg

DSCN5337.jpg

WENDY31: I haven't seen the blue toile, only the lavendar. Instead of matching, why not coordinate. Have the boys wear light blue and the girls lavendar. We are going to CRT also. My hubby and DS are wearing lime green polos. I am making t-shirt dresses for my girls out of that turqoise tinkerbell print. I'm wearing turqoise polo. I think as long as you coordinate you still will have a nice family photo. He will only put up with pink for so long:lmao: I understand the matchy thing, though. I have that affliction as well. I'm sad that my DD6 will soon outgrow her love of the twirly skirt.

AKSUNSHINE: Those outfits are adorable! I love the Winnie the Pooh one on top!!!

Ok Girls! I have 3 outfits to share. While viewing, please keep these things in mind: I hand sew, they aren't perfect, Only the Pooh dress is done, The Nemo gauchos still need to be hemmed and the appliques on the top haven't been stiched around, the ice cream dress' applique is unfinished as well. I just couldn't wait to share!!! The Pooh dress is for MK and dinner at CP, Nemo for Epcot and dinner at Coral Reef, Ice Cream dress and bow for night at Boardwalk and dinner at Beaches & Cream.

DSCN5324.jpg

DSCN5326.jpg

DSCN5341.jpg

DSCN5349.jpg

DSCN5350.jpg

DSCN5351.jpg

DSCN5352.jpg

DSCN5334-1.jpg

DSCN5335.jpg

DSCN5338.jpg

DSCN5340.jpg

DSCN5337.jpg

great job! my fave is the ice cream dress! what pattern did you use? how about pattern for gauchos? the outfits (and models!) are precious!

Darn...we are going right after free dining ends! We are heading down to Disney on September 29th and will be there until October 8th. We wanted to hit the F&W Festival.

**Someone asked about older kids wearing boutique items. My teenagers will be! And so will I! I guess the only little one in our group is my nephew who is now 21 months (who will officially be adopted as our SON on June 28th).

Congratulations on your adoption. I have 4 children who are adopted from the foster care system in our state (hence my user id :)). It is always such a relief to have the formal hearing. Even though they have been "ours for so long, it is nice to have it feel complete.

Everyone’s clothes look great. I am so inspired. I was online until like 2 AM looking for ideas and then I thought about it all night. I woke up early and was ready to head to Wal-Mart. I have not made it, but it in my plans for today.

I love the Pooh top with the polka dot capri’s. Where did you find the fabric? I did place an online order for the Minnie dots and con not wait for it to come:) Thanks for all of the ideas ladies. I love it.

We will be at WDW from September 8-15 and then visiting family in Okeechobee and Boca for another few days. We are staying off site at a times share resort, but it is so close to Disney. With a family of 6 we need a 3 bedroom condo to feel comfortable. My children are 2, 6, 8 and my oldest DD will turn 10 on September 9, the day we are at the MK:) She is so excited! I will have Katie my 2 y.o. in boutique Disney, but I don’t know if I can get the others to wear it. My boys have said no, but I think I can get the little one to wear the pirate Mickey stuff. If I can make something sparkle enough my oldest daughter will wear it. I am going to try. I like them all to match, so I did get the boys and DH matching Mickey polo’s from the Disney store and Katie and Leanne matching dresses.

Lacy

Okay here is my second attempt with my new found confidence!:woohoo: I'm quite happy with it except for the sizing of the pants. The pattern was a 1-2-3 size, and I think it was designed for diapers, because it's a bit poofy in the crotch. I attempted to alter it, with some success, but after I put the waistband in, I was not going to take it out to fix it right. Anyway, lesson learned. Trim down all patterns for my skinny girl!

June120.jpg

June121.jpg

Your outfit is so cute. I love the top, and the poofy crotch, doesn't look too poofy, It will be comfy for her.
how did you do the letters on the top? Is that her name, Sailor? Too cute!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter