Lake Guntersville Alabama GG : Sign Up

Hey i had to start my truck 5 min before i left the last 2 days. so even here in florida it gets cold. this morning when i left this morning it was 48 and cold.

5 days before we arrive at the fort.

I used to say the same thing when I lived in Buffalo...except it was from Sept 15 - May 1.

:rotfl:I believe it! Seriously, I can tolerate the cold and even the snow doesn't bother me. (Of course that's easy for me to say being as it rarely snows here anymore.) It's the dreariness that makes me crazy!!!!! I NEED my sunshine!!!!! It can be 2 degrees as long as the sun is shining.:)

Hey i had to start my truck 5 min before i left the last 2 days. so even here in florida it gets cold. this morning when i left this morning it was 48 and cold.

Dan, I grew up in northeast FL and my parents still live there. If it gets below 70, my Dad builds a fire. It cracks me up. He rarely visits me in TN becasue he says it's too cold!

I plug my diesel in at night and it's already warm in the a.m. Now if I forget, I get the 3rd degree from Annie as to why I forgot and she's cold on the way to the bus. It's only 1/2 mile to her bus. maybe I'll make her walk one cold day lol.

maybe I'll make her walk one cold day lol.

No you won't!!!

I may stay an extra day at the fort which would put me getting to ya'll on the 8th instead of the 7th. That will give me 2 nites with ya'll if I leave on the 10th. Anyone planning on staying after the 10th? I would be willing to stay a couple days longer.

Has anyone ever been to this place?.....Unclaimed Baggage Center

It is in Scottsboro, AL, on the north side of Guntersville Lake. I've read about the place and it sounds like a fun (and weird) way to spend a couple hours. Looks to be pretty close to our GG spot. Anyone interested in a field trip??

Has anyone ever been to this place?.....Unclaimed Baggage Center

It is in Scottsboro, AL, on the north side of Guntersville Lake. I've read about the place and it sounds like a fun (and weird) way to spend a couple hours. Looks to be pretty close to our GG spot. Anyone interested in a field trip??

I looked that up yesterday, I had the same thought when I saw how close it was to the campground. Great minds thinking alike or great junk shoppers?

I've been there many times. Sometimes they have great finds, but most of the time it's just junk. When it first opened the deals were incredible, but as it got bigger and more commerical, the extent of the deals got lower.

The part of the place I like the most is the unclaimed freight section. These are entire truckloads of stuff that get waylaid somehow.

Has anyone made their reservations for June yet? If so, can you request specific sites? I don't have a map of the campground, but need to call them and am wondering what to expect.

Has anyone made their reservations for June yet? If so, can you request specific sites? I don't have a map of the campground, but need to call them and am wondering what to expect.

You get to pick your site after you arrive. If it's like it was last year in early June, there should be plenty of sites close together, just not with water view. You'll need carts or bikes. It's really not that far of a walk to the water, but we enjoy riding our bikes.

You can call this number 256-582-8211 and request a map/info and they'll send it out pretty fast.

We have not made our ressies yet, but the campground told us June was pretty easy to get ressies.

Also, for a 7 day fishing permit,,$26.00 (in case ya wanna know)

Dave, dont remember if I asked you or not,,Do you fish ?
Rog and I plan on doing our part in depleting Guntersville Lake of it's swimmer population. We hope to hava fish fry,,been a long time since I yanked some fish straight outta the water to the plate.
Mmmmm, sure look'n forward to that !:goodvibes

I enjoy fishing, but I don't get to do it much and I have terrible luck.

But I'd love to throw a line in the water and enjoy a cold drink or two with you while you catch my dinner! :rotfl2:

And maybe with your influence there i can catch my own dinner. :woohoo: That is, until I have too many beers and fall in the water.

Im thinking that we may need to get around to actually making these reservations soon....have we decided that June is good for everyone? Has anyone made there reservations yet...what dates? I got the info that Frank & Denise sent me a while back, I need to find where I put it and start getting serious about getting this done.

I'm think'n in the neighborhood of the week of the 6th of June ???:confused3 if that works for all ??

Holy cow....I just read the begining of this thread and saw JUNE 6 right from the begining, Frank....Im about as sharp as a bowling ball!!!!

I cant find the papers ya sent me Frank.....gonna have to wait for Gina to get home and look for them...can you reserve online? Or do I need to call them to reserve?

The http://rvcampresort.com/littlemountain.aspx link isnt working for some reason.

EDITED TO ADD:

Just got off of the phone with them...reservations must be made by phone...you cant reserve specific sites so it should be fairly easy for us to all stay pretty close together.

IM PSYCHED AND READY TO GO NOW!!!

Denise said she remembers that ya have to call for ressies.
Off hand , I cant find my papers either, I'll look around tomorrow. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter