• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Lake Guntersville Alabama GG : Sign Up

We tried this outside our garage door at home -- we constantly have problems with flies zipping in that door. (Full disclosure: I had to try it b/c I was including it in a kids' book I was working on and had to "test drive" it!).

It honestly *did* seem to work -- until the boys thought it was a lot of fun to just poke at the bags every time they passed and see who could knock it off the tack and water-bomb the other brother, anyway. In summary: great for flies, not so much for boys.

We didn't put coins in, just the baggies of water. I'd heard that they see their reflection, only much larger and multiplied, and thought (with their little fly brains) that it was a bigger predator coming to get them.

I also tried hanging rows of beads -- groovy, right? -- in front of the door, because when they swing around, it confuses the fly (kind of like my mom trying to time her way into a revolving door or onto an escalator). That worked, too, but I'm not sure it really has camping applications.

I also tried hanging rows of beads -- groovy, right? -- in front of the door, because when they swing around, it confuses the fly (kind of like my mom trying to time her way into a revolving door or onto an escalator). That worked, too, but I'm not sure it really has camping applications.
Maybe for the accordian playing hippie campers TCD seems to run into...but I think I will maybe try the bags of water sometime. Thanks!

If 5 pennies inna bag a water is spose to keep the flies away,,whata ya spose 5 quarters inna baga water will keep away ?

you don't need pennies or to hang the bag. just put on the ground or table and they will go to it. when we were building a deck we put a few out on the boards to help keep them away from us. yeah, it works. :)

:headache::headache::headache:

Shirley and I would love to come down to 'Bama, but right now we are burnt out in the $$$$$ department.

Have to sit on the sidelines for a while.

It was either the March/April trip to Florida or filing our federal income taxes, real estate taxes, school taxes, state taxes, the tax for paying taxes, etc. etc.

Maybe we could sign up for a bank, state, clunker, stimulus bailout. Think we will get caught.
john

It was either the March/April trip to Florida or filing our federal income taxes, real estate taxes, school taxes, state taxes, the tax for paying taxes, etc. etc.
John, it sounds like you need to do what we did and move to TN. Left NYS 7 years ago and haven't regretted it for a second. Sure, you can't avoid the federal taxes, but getting rid of a lot of the state and local taxes sure helped. More beer and camping money! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter