• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Lake Guntersville Alabama GG : Sign Up

Hey Frank and Denise - you gonna be able to post any of those pics? Can't wait to see how much fun I had!

Ok, I typed a whole dang thing and lost it before I posted it, 2nd time in a week I've done this so surfice to say it was a ok report on the LGGG. It was good to see Carol and Rich along with Dave and not Cindy with the girls and Frank and Denise and Vickey and Leonard (not Art) again and to meet Whit and Dave and Christian. We took a lot of pictures as is the Fiend rule and I will post some tommorrow. We had a great time and boy did we eat.

Ok, I typed a whole dang thing and lost it before I posted it, 2nd time in a week I've done this so surfice to say it was a ok report on the LGGG. It was good to see Carol and Rich along with Dave and not Cindy with the girls and Frank and Denise and Vickey and Leonard (not Art) again and to meet Whit and Dave and Christian. We took a lot of pictures as is the Fiend rule and I will post some tommorrow. We had a great time and boy did we eat.

I'm looking forward to those pics and a new TR Bob.:)

The makeover

pics012.jpg

Dave takes a pic of his knee

pics013.jpg

one of our nightly GG's

pics015.jpg

Carol braving the flies on her own

pics020.jpg

Rick guarding the food from the flies

pics021.jpg

around the fire
pics023.jpg

Bailey at a GG

pics025.jpg

Franks fish

pics026.jpg

Bob cooking breakfast

pics033.jpg

The last supper

pics034.jpg

My knee needs a makeover.

Those cats look great! Any pics of them fried up?

keep the posts comin'. lovin' it and i think it should be every year, that way we can make it next year. :)

Ok, here we go, we arrived on Sunday around noon, Frank was waiting for us at check in (actully he just happened to be there but i like to think he was waiting for us) and after the half hour check in process and filling out this and filling out that we were in. We found a Tab with mickeys on it with an empty spot next to it so we figured it might be a good spot to homestead for the four days. While we were backing in we met up with Leonard (I kept thinking his name was Art since we had met him at the Jack Daniels mgg you'll see that I ain't the sharpest tack in the box) in case you don't know Vickey is his better half. After getting set up and sweating about 5 pounds off I set up the satellite dish and got it working(thats for Cheryl and Jeff).
From that time on it was eat and talk, eat and talk, this was a fantastic group, I say that because any group that can put up with me for four days is fantastic as I have a habit of talking too much. The young'uns seemed to have a great time together, my 2 grand kids and Dave's daughters. Frank was great to my grandson Ty, setting up his fishing pole and taking him fishing along the bank and on the dock. Carol was a good host for all the eating and story telling even when she was late. Frank did most of the grill cooking and desert was funnel cakes, ice cream and KK's, I believe that Frank lit 3 fires to cook smores and no one ever made one because of all the other stuff that was there to eat. Wednesday we did breakfast of pancakes, eggs, bacon, taters and sausage getting it all cooked just as a storm blew threw but with Carols set up it didn't hurt. The only bummer of the week was that Dave and his crew along with Vickey and not Art had to leave Tuesday. Ok ok here's some pictures to go along with my lousy writing skills:

LGGG6-10014.jpg

LGGG6-10017.jpg

LGGG6-10007.jpg

LGGG6-10008.jpg

LGGG6-10009.jpg

LGGG6-10011.jpg

LGGG6-10022.jpg

LGGG6-10027.jpg

Heres the kids playing with soap lol
LGGG6-10042.jpg

LGGG6-10044.jpg

Heres a few more pic's

LGGG6-10043.jpg

This is a picture of a nest that we thought was a eagle nest but after Frank took Kathy out in his boat and Kathy's bird book it was determined to be a Osprey but the picture of the bird didn't come out well, thats him on the branch.

LGGG6-10039.jpg

LGGG6-10040.jpg

love it, bob. kids these days are always happy with bubbles (outside or in the tub). lmao

Here are some more pics!

Got the ones off of Rick's camera and the rest of the adventures after Tuesday on my camera.

On the way to the campground
100_0787.jpg

100_0786.jpg

100_0786.jpg

Our nightly fox visitor
100_0499.jpg

Rick enjoying the evening
100_0494.jpg

Some fishin
100_0487.jpg

100_0486.jpg

100_0483.jpg

Some more hangin out with friends
100_0481.jpg

100_0480.jpg

Some general pics around the campground:
100_0542.jpg

100_0541.jpg

100_0540.jpg

100_0535.jpg

100_0534.jpg

100_0532.jpg

100_0530.jpg

100_0529.jpg

100_0528.jpg

100_0527.jpg

100_0526.jpg

100_0519.jpg

100_0518.jpg

100_0517.jpg

100_0516.jpg

We should have tried this at Guntersville...there is a thread going on RV.net that says the following:

"I got an E-Mail from my sister the day we left for our camping trip about this bag thing. You put 5 or so pennies in a zip-loc bag and fill it with tap water. Close it up and hang it up-it repels flys! I thought it was ridiculous but I tried it. I put one on each awning support. We ate out every meal and no flies! Also, we usually get a lot of flies inside the RV, not this time. Why it works, I have not a clue but I'll use them again!"

Anyone ever hear of this or try it? The responses say that it does work, and they think it has something to do with a fly's multiple eyes and that the water freaks them out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter