Let’s Go Get that Dino! TR 9/1-9/10, a mom and daughter trip! PTR short version, 1/27/24*

You certainly paint an inviting picture.
It really is a wonderful resort!
That both looks and sounds good. I'd order that.
This is one of my favorite drinks at Disney!
Interesting choice. Certainly looks yummy.
I was skeptical 🤨 but since Andi is mostly vegetarian she definitely wanted to try it! It was amazing, I highly recommend the vegetable kebab
Ah. Next time order a high room with a view of Epcot. Then you'll be set.
I did! I requested our exact room from last time! No dice!
Nice. Nothing worse than noisy neighbours keeping you up/waking you up.
I agree. One time at AKL, we had a studio and the people next to us were cooking full meals at 10-11 at night and again at 7am! So noisy!
Agreed. I still do it, but it's not nearly as big a perk as it used to be. Now you can do 1-2 rides with no wait whereas before you could knock out half a dozen.
Yes, the 30 minute early entry isn’t my jam anymore! We didn’t even do it at all this trip!
Yup. You could've gotten your $22 back........ and wasted about $300 worth of Disney touring time while doing it.
Haha 😂 very true!
Oh dear. I do understand that. Every time I see a picture of me I think "Surely that can't be me?"
Same! I’m like who is that tired old person in the picture, it can’t be me!
Well my lunchtime bowl of chicken noodle soup didn't quite measure up after looking at your photos of deliciousness from Bar Riva :rotfl: That food and drink looked scrumptious.
It was such a delicious and unique late lunch. Loved it! I would definitely make a trip to Bar Riva!
Your room looks lovely and even though the view isn't Epcot it's still pretty decent. Did Disney leave you and Andi a welcome balloon bouquet? Nice touch if they did
We did get a welcome gift! No idea why! It was balloons and hard candy treats!

Hi! I'm Kimberly :wave2: I'm joining in -- Several of your trip reports have kept me company when things are slow at work & I really enjoy your writing & touring style, but this is the first one I've read while it's happening (I just finished "Please Don't pop my Disney bubble" from 2018 -- Wow! Andi grew up fast! :rotfl:) so I thought I'd introduce myself.

My daughters & I have been going to Disney together since they were little, too. Our last trip was in January & they're now 22 & 25, so the similarities are probably one reason I like your trip reports. We live on the Iowa/Illinois border, about 2.5 hours outside the Chicago suburbs, so I generally drive to the suburbs & do the sleep, park & fly at a hotel the night before. I detest O'Hare, but really like flying out of Midway. It's so much smaller & easier to navigate but I can get nonstop flights that I can't get from our small regional airport. When we do fly from home, I like layovers in Minneapolis -- It's a nice airport & a friend of mine is a pilot out of MSP, so we always try to get together when our paths cross.

Our last trip to WDW, we managed to ride RotR 4 times in 3 days -- we'd go to HS in the evening, the first evening the stand by was 30 minutes so we jumped on that. The second night, the wait was 20 min so we jumped again, and the third night, it was a 5 minute wait during Fantasmic so we did it twice in a row. 4 rides, didn't have to purchase the ILL and hardly had any wait at all! 😲 We were just as surprised as you are! LOL! Anyway, looking forward to reading along!

Why don’t they have an add on to a package with Genie+ so it is paid for when you travel! Why do we have to do it at 7am each day of the trip! U
I think when you could pay for the whole trip, too many people were buying it. It's a damned if you do damned if you don't situation. I just hope they roll out the pick some rides BEFORE the trip soon.

Oh goodness - it’s crazy how those costs add up! Considering your short waits and good luck (minus all those breakdowns - yeesh!) I think it was worth every penny. I have zero qualms about doing exactly the same thing on my next trip.
I agree! I would rather pay for the short waits but wow I wonder how high these costs are going to go! I also wish it would be an easier system. Like prepay and pick your first attraction the night before, I would like that! I think my limit would be around the $30.00 per person per day!
Did you know they now appear in the MDE app? I saw an update due to my “get caught up on Disney” research. If you go to the park map lists and choose characters, it lists their appearance times. I believe the character also appears on the map itself when present.
NoI didn’t know that! Thank you 😊 Here I am a Disney veteran and I totally forgot to look in there!
Hooray! I’m glad you didn’t have a breakdown on this ride.
We were pretty lucky for most of the trip with only a few closures here and there and most never lasted very long
Also, bravo to Andi for the great score on TSM! I’ve broken 200K but never gotten a score as high as Andi’s.
Wow I wish I could break 150,000 but I don’t think I ever will! :confused3
The Riviera does look beautiful - I’m especially excited to see the murals.
The murals are beautiful and I didn’t even take pictures of them this time. I just admired them!
Those look delicious! I love a good fancy French fry.
Really yummy! Worth a Skyliner ride to Riviera Eat the fries while admiring the murals lol 😆
It’s too bad about the view, but I would take the quiet room. A clean room is great, too!
I was spoiled from our first stay, such a perfect view of the Epcot fireworks 💥 The older I get the more I love the quiet
Would you recommend Amazon Fresh over Garden Grocer or Instacart? I’ve never used third-party grocery delivery in Disney World but may need to for our next trip thanks to traveling with kids (especially if we don’t get a rental car).
I have done both. We use to use Garden Grocer all the time before I started getting deals with Amazon and Instacart. I think Amazon fresh is cheaper and you don’t have to order way ahead of time. I would recommend it. The order was quick and easy!

We never had a room text when we were at POR in Sept, not even the "your room is not ready yet" text. We finally went to the front desk around 2:30pm. One room was ready, one wasn't ready yet.
Same this time around. We usually always get the “your room is ready yet” text but nothing today. I’m glad I went up and asked since it was almost 4pm
I would have thought that preferred view would be a fireworks view.
It guess the pool/lake is preferred which is fine but I did get spoiled with the fireworks view!
I could never figure out why the DVC resorts had only one sink in the bathroom. They could have put two sinks in the Riviera but they have kept with the standard DVC layout.
I know, I really like the 2 sinks, it is much more convenient! Decent storage under the vanity.
Our trip went very smoothly and my sister-in-law was very happy that I had planned it all out. We bought Genie+ for our Epcot day because we wanted to do Test Track, Frozen and Remi. Genie+ only cost $13 and I used it to get Frozen and Remi. We did Test Track as an early open walk on. I was able to move the Genie+ reservations all around to the perfect times I wanted, which was great. It was worth the $13 to get those two rides because standby lines were very long.
Yay! I’m glad you had a good trip and planned well for the newbies! I think Genie+ is worth it for less stress waiting in lines and being able to do other things besides just waiting in line! $13.00 was a bargain!
Making all those reservations and forking over that much money is exhausting.
It is a pain especially because we use Genie, we want to sleep in some! I never can sleep pass 6:30 for fear of missing the Genie and first selection!
Way to go Andi! I'm terrible at this ride.
I want to break 150,000 some day but I doubt it. :rotfl:
We lucked out in April and was told when to show up for Mando. It's in the app now when he'll be out.
I didn’t know about the MDE times, ugh! One of these days I will see him and Grogu!
I don't ride this anymore either. I gave it 2 chances.
I didn’t not like it at all! I just gave it in the one shot and nope never again!
Love the Skyliner!
Same, it saved us loads of time!
Your lunch looks so good. It's making me very hungry.
It was really unique and very delicious
The room looks really nice, so no fireworks view but still not bad.
It was really nice overall, I just loved the room we had before!
Love the use of your luggage to get the groceries up.
Beer and water are heavy. 😂

I am back from my trip so now I can jump in and follow your trip. And we got stuck on Mickey and Minnies when we were there. Were walked off the ride.
Yay :welcome: Back! I hope you had a wonder trip. Poor Railway sure has been having so many technical difficulties! We saw people getting evacuated off the ride when we were in there.
think Riviera is growing on me although I have not stayed there yet. As a resale DVC member, I can't use my points there so it would have to be a cash stay.
It is really lovely and it transports you away from the parks like AKL does except it is closer to things with the Skyliner! I have to say I still love AKL more but I do like Riviera’s style
That looks great!
The drinks at Bar Riva are amazing almost as good as Geyser Point
One of my favourite dishes on property.
I remember your review and knew Andi would love it!
I need to try those!
Yes the fries are so delicious
I know you love your ice machine!
Haha 😂 yes I sure do. I’m getting ice Al the time and this was nice and close!

Hi! I'm Kimberly :wave2: I'm joining in -- Several of your trip reports have kept me company when things are slow at work & I really enjoy your writing & touring style, but this is the first one I've read while it's happening (I just finished "Please Don't pop my Disney bubble" from 2018 -- Wow! Andi grew up fast! :rotfl:) so I thought I'd introduce myself.
Hi Kimberly! :welcome: :cheer2:I’m glad you have been reading my reports! I often look back at some of the older ones and yes Andi has changed in many ways and very grown up now. She always was an older soul as a young girl! She has found herself and true happiness which I am forever grateful for!:thanks: For introducing yourself and joining in!
My daughters & I have been going to Disney together since they were little, too. Our last trip was in January & they're now 22 & 25, so the similarities are probably one reason I like your trip reports.
Wow that is awesome! Our trips have been so precious to me and have filled me with so many wonderful memories and loving Disney World makes it even better! I’m sure you have so many great memories with your girls!
When we do fly from home, I like layovers in Minneapolis -- It's a nice airport & a friend of mine is a pilot out of MSP, so we always try to get together when our paths cross.
That is nice you can meet up with a friend at the Minneapolis airport! I have been in we have a flew a few times from Duluth to Chicago OHare and I agree not my favorite airport. Minneapolis airport flows so much better!
Our last trip to WDW, we managed to ride RotR 4 times in 3 days -- we'd go to HS in the evening, the first evening the stand by was 30 minutes so we jumped on that. The second night, the wait was 20 min so we jumped again, and the third night, it was a 5 minute wait during Fantasmic so we did it twice in a row. 4 rides, didn't have to purchase the ILL and hardly had any wait at all! 😲 We were just as surprised as you are! LOL! Anyway, looking forward to reading along!
That is awesome and a great idea to ride during Fantasmic! I know we could ride SB now with a lower wait if we did it at the end of the night but Andi hates waiting more than 20 minutes for anything! I loved the virtual queue for Rise, Andi always got us in for that!
Next time request a room with no dice!
:rotfl2:
I think when you could pay for the whole trip, too many people were buying it. It's a damned if you do damned if you don't situation. I just hope they roll out the pick some rides BEFORE the trip soon.
Are you going back to Disney soon? This is the first time in ages I don’t have a trip planned. I’m a little sad 😞 not having a trip to plan for!

Bar Riva sounds nice and relaxing. I imagine it was a great way to kill time until your room was ready and rest after touring the park.
I had no idea about the hidden Fab 5 detail at the Riveria. I'll have to keep my eyes out for them next time I'm there.

Bar Riva sounds nice and relaxing. I imagine it was a great way to kill time until your room was ready and rest after touring the park.
I had no idea about the hidden Fab 5 detail at the Riveria. I'll have to keep my eyes out for them next time I'm there.
It was a really nice relaxing lunch. The art work and Fab 5 rug is amazing!

More Riviera pictures before we head out to MK
TV area, which is a single pull out bed
IMG_2023-10-05-192537.jpg

Deck
IMG_2023-10-05-192209.jpg

Tub/shower (we never used this)
IMG_2023-10-01-082619.jpg

Vanity area, this is in the room with the tub/shower
IMG_2023-10-01-082450.jpg

The Dream shower, this shower was wonderful!
IMG_2023-10-01-082547.jpg

Little Kitchen area
IMG_2023-10-01-082357.jpg

101 Dalmatians on the Murphy BedIMG_2023-10-05-192046.jpg

Several of the Fab 5 from the rug by the elevator (internet photos, thanks google)
IMG_2023-10-06-185043.jpg
IMG_2023-10-06-184936.jpg
IMG_2023-10-06-184900.jpg

Stay tuned for our evening in MK! Coming up very soon!

Bar Riva looks so good!

And yes, food looks lovely and your room is beautiful, that resort does look impressive!

Wait. The bed came out of that dresser?
Yes, sorry I didn’t pull it down to show everyone! I have noticed I am a bit lacking with notes for this trip report! Andi distracted me lol 😆 I was so happy to spend time with her, I wasn’t taking my usual tons of notes!
The Fab 5 rug for instance, I was so in love with it and commented every time we saw it but didn’t take one stinkin picture! :confused3
So you just stank, huh?
:rotfl:That shower was the bomb so the tub was severely neglected!
Your room looks gorgeous
It really was wonderful and the subtle Disney ❤️❤️
Bar Riva looks so good!
It really is a wonderful place. The bar staff are wonderful and unique drinks and food!
And yes, food looks lovely and your room is beautiful, that resort does look impressive!
:thanks: I loved all the subtle Disney and more of the Riviera feel. Like I was in France or Italy! I have been to the French Riviera and The Amalfi coast in Italy, is that considered the Riviera in Italy? I guess I don’t know what the Riviera in Italy is!

Your room is very pretty and subtle! Do you remember if there were real dishes and cutlery in the kitchenette instead of disposable? It's been a bone of contention for me that not all studios have proper dishes back since the pandemic.

Yes, sorry I didn’t pull it down to show everyone! I have noticed I am a bit lacking with notes for this trip report! Andi distracted me lol 😆
When in doubt, blame the offspring!
The Fab 5 rug for instance, I was so in love with it and commented every time we saw it but didn’t take one stinkin picture! :confused3
Epic fail! I may stop reading

Oh, okay. I’ll keep reading. But this is your final warning!
:rotfl:That shower was the bomb so the tub was severely neglected!
:laughing:

“Flash Photography I wouldn’t”

Did you figure which 3 of the Fab 5 I showed you? I will show the remaining two soon!

We did get balloons and candy from the Riviera! It was very nice. I’m not sure why since we aren’t DVC members but a fun surprise!

It was time to head out to the MK. I had been stacking the Genie all afternoon. I had PPF at 5:30, Tron (Paid for) at 6:00pm, and HM at 6:30pm.

I decided to get my favorite cold brew from La Petite in the Riviera lobby. It is the honey almond cold brew. This is so good. The whipped cream is house made and infused with honey! I love this ❤️ Andi had a plain old black cold brew, what fun is that lol 😂
IMG_2023-10-07-063957.jpg
The bus stop at the Riviera is the bomb! It is never busy! I love it.

We got on a MK bus quickly with maybe 2-3 people. Perfect!

MK was beautiful and inviting as always, except the train was not running! Sad 😞Andi and I wanted to ride this tonight since she hasn’t been on the train for so long! 🚂 I’m not sure what was going on with the train but we never did get to ride this trip 🤷‍♂️We were only at MK in the evening this trip so that might be why. The last time I was here it was running in the early evening.

We did miss it 😢 especially for the nostalgia and all the memories we have of riding the train!

Did any of you ride the train years ago to get from Fantasy Land to the front of the park during, or close to the fireworks show? I remember doing that many times and what a great hack to avoid large crowds!

The park didn’t seem to crowded! We did PPF first! Talk about nostalgia! I love this dark ride! Such a favorite of mine! Andi likes it but certainly not her favorite! She is weird lol 😂

I make her hold my hand on some rides, it means so much to me! She does oblige but thinks her mom is losing it! :love:

It was now time to enter the grid!! This was my first time back in the Tron area! I had only seen it from the PM or the train.
IMG_2023-10-07-064053.jpg
I was nervous because I hate fast Rollercoasters 🎢 especially when they go upside down, 🤢🤮I know Tron doesn’t do that and all the reviews said it is super smooth!

I was worried about getting on the ride vehicle and how I would feel all bent over??

The area is cool 😎 I didn’t try the ride vehicle before because people were on it and taking pictures! I figured I would be fine.

The fancy ride line was not busy at all. The VQ line was long, I would estimate about 40 minutes.

We had to put my bag in the locker, this was no problem and when you are done with the ride, you pick up your belongings on the ride side. The lockers open on two sides.

I don’t even really remember the pre show because I was nervous. I do remember how cool the ride looked once you entered the grid! I do not know anything about Tron. I have never seen the movies. Old or new.

I didn’t have any trouble getting on the ride and pulling the restraint over me. I didn’t feel to bent up like a pretzel 🥨

You do lean down and for some it may not be comfortable.

Overall, I liked it! The initial take off is very fast. The ride is very smooth, a few curves and hills but not crazy 😜

I was very proud of myself! I do look scared 😱 in the ride photo!
IMG_2023-10-07-064139.jpg
There was a Photo Pass opportunity on the way out with no wait. I’m not sure what we are holding?
IMG_2023-10-07-064304.jpg
It was time for HM now! Yay! I was also able to make another LL so I made one for Pirates 🏴‍☠️

We had a wonderful ride on HM. I love this ride!
IMG_2023-10-07-064640.jpg
I watched the new HM movie last night and I liked it! If you are a die hard fan of HM, you will like the movie! It made me want to be on the ride so bad last night! The Hatbox ghost in the movie was creepy!

Now I have to see him on the ride!

Here are some PP pictures after the ride. My shirt is Foolish Mortals with the portraits from the stretching room with a twist!
IMG_2023-10-07-064436.jpg
IMG_2023-10-07-064550.jpg
IMG_2023-10-07-064518.jpg
They are Villains from Disney!

It was time for Pirates! Another favorite ❤️ We did not get a ride photo again. I’m not sure why we never get this one!

I made a Big Thunder for right after pirates.

We were crushing the rides with virtually no wait in the lines.
IMG_2023-10-07-064905.jpg
This ride is another favorite! The castle looks so pretty from the ride!

I made a Buzz LL next. Andi has not lost her touch, she was a galactic hero again! I was struggling to get a dismal score, lol 😆

I have a love/hate relationship with this ride! Andi loves it for the challenge to get the 999999 every time, me not so much!
IMG_2023-10-07-082600.jpg
I love the memories on this ride with her, through the years!

I made a Pooh LL next. PM was down at this time as we walked out of Buzz.

We walked over to Fantasyland to ride Pooh! Another fun little ride! I love bouncing like Tigger!

When we got off Pooh, we noticed the line for 7DMT was like 30 minutes with no one in the outside part at all! It was getting close to fireworks time! We hopped in line and the wait was maybe 15 minutes! Score! A short wait on a ride I didn’t have to pay extra for, lol 😂

No ride photo for this one either! I kept getting notifications to check my ride photo and all of the 7DMT photos were other people! Like 3 different photos ugh!

We watched the fireworks in Fantasy Land. We mostly just wanted to listen to the music and sing along!

We went to ride Under the Sea, Dumbo, and Barnstormer, all with LL even though it wasn’t needed!

It was time to call it a night! We headed out of the park and did not wait long for a bus back to Riviera. We even got to sit for the ride back yay!

We did a lot of rides with Genie 🧞‍♀️ today so the cost was worth it on this day!

We didn’t eat anything in MK so we snacked on chips and dip before bed! Food of champions Haha!

Stay tune for AK morning and of course several rides on Dinosaur!

“Where the future is truly in the past”

Last edited:
Your room is very pretty and subtle! Do you remember if there were real dishes and cutlery in the kitchenette instead of disposable? It's been a bone of contention for me that not all studios have proper dishes back since the pandemic.
Yes there was real dishes and silverware! I was very happy to see these items back. We drank our coffee from real coffee cups!
When in doubt, blame the offspring!
Good one! I have to remember this! :rotfl:
Oh, okay. I’ll keep reading. But this is your final warning!
Yay! I need all the support I can get! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter