Let’s Go Get that Dino! TR 9/1-9/10, a mom and daughter trip! PTR short version, 1/27/24*

Your room is beautiful. I love a full shower instead of the tub/shower combo. :)

Did any of you ride the train years ago to get from Fantasy Land to the front of the park during, or close to the fireworks show? I remember doing that many times and what a great hack to avoid large crowds!
I only remember the train running until 6pm or dark, which ever came first.

Overall, I liked it! The initial take off is very fast. The ride is very smooth, a few curves and hills but not crazy 😜
I'm glad you liked it. :) Was the ride vehicle similar to the vehicle at Flight of Passage?

I watched the new HM movie last night and I liked it!
We watched it and I felt it was just "okay".

I made a Buzz LL next. Andi has not lost her touch, she was a galactic hero again! I was struggling to get a dismal score, lol 😆
Buzz is one of my favorite rides and I always try to beat my husband. But he always beats me - almost always. ;)

Last edited:
I watched the new HM movie last night and I liked it! If you are a die hard fan of HM, you will like the movie! It made me want to be on the ride so bad last night!
I felt exactly the same way! I really really wanted to be back at HM in WDW after watching the movie
We did a lot of rides with Genie 🧞‍♀️ today so the cost was worth it on this day!
You definitely got your money’s worth this day!
Did any of you ride the train years ago to get from Fantasy Land to the front of the park during, or close to the fireworks show?
I loved doing that. Truthfully I just loved the train (and toontown). I have such happy memories of it ❤️

We did get balloons and candy from the Riviera! It was very nice. I’m not sure why since we aren’t DVC members but a fun surprise!
So nice!As a DVC member I've never had a lovely surprise like that.
It was time to head out to the MK. I had been stacking the Genie all afternoon. I had PPF at 5:30, Tron (Paid for) at 6:00pm, and HM at 6:30pm.
Great lineup!
I decided to get my favorite cold brew from La Petite in the Riviera lobby. It is the honey almond cold brew. This is so good. The whipped cream is house made and infused with honey! I love this ❤️ Andi had a plain old black cold brew, what fun is that lol 😂
I tried that cold brew this summer and loved it!
MK was beautiful and inviting as always, except the train was not running! Sad 😞Andi and I wanted to ride this tonight since she hasn’t been on the train for so long! 🚂 I’m not sure what was going on with the train but we never did get to ride this trip 🤷‍♂️We were only at MK in the evening this trip so that might be why. The last time I was here it was running in the early evening.
I found the train closed by 5 pm in August. It seemed early to me.🤷‍♀️
I was very proud of myself! I do look scared 😱 in the ride photo!
You did it!!!!
I watched the new HM movie last night and I liked it! If you are a die hard fan of HM, you will like the movie! It made me want to be on the ride so bad last night! The Hatbox ghost in the movie was creepy!
I need to watch this movie!

Did you figure which 3 of the Fab 5 I showed you?
I think so? Pluto, Goofy and Mickey? Possibly Minnie?
I had PPF at 5:30, Tron (Paid for) at 6:00pm, and HM at 6:30pm.
Nice lineup. I think if you hadn’t paid forcTron, that HM slot might have been tough.
Andi had a plain old black cold brew, what fun is that lol 😂
:laughing:
But considering I don’t care for coffee… who am I to judge?
MK was beautiful and inviting as always, except the train was not running! Sad
Bummer. :(
Did any of you ride the train years ago to get from Fantasy Land to the front of the park during, or close to the fireworks show?
Not after fireworks, but at other times, yes.
We did PPF first! Talk about nostalgia! I love this dark ride! Such a favorite of mine!
In my top 3. Love this ride.
Andi likes it but certainly not her favorite! She is weird lol 😂
What is wrong with that girl? You need to trade her in for a new model.
I make her hold my hand on some rides, it means so much to me! She does oblige but thinks her mom is losing it! :love:
Awww
I do not know anything about Tron. I have never seen the movies. Old or new.
Seen both. Think I saw the first one in the theatre when it first came out.
Overall, I liked it! The initial take off is very fast. The ride is very smooth, a few curves and hills but not crazy 😜
Glad you liked it. :)
I’m not sure what we are holding?
If memory serves, it was a personal data disc? And you used them in a kind of aggressive frisbee game.
We had a wonderful ride on HM. I love this ride!
Of course! Best ride in Disney!
I watched the new HM movie last night
It’s on Disney+ now! Can’t wait to watch it!
If you are a die hard fan of HM, you will like the movie!
I’m really excited to watch it.
My shirt is Foolish Mortals with the portraits from the stretching room with a twist!
Do you have a closer picture of it?
We were crushing the rides with virtually no wait in the lines.
Very impressive! Seriously!
Andi has not lost her touch, she was a galactic hero again!
:worship:
When we got off Pooh, we noticed the line for 7DMT was like 30 minutes with no one in the outside part at all! It was getting close to fireworks time! We hopped in line and the wait was maybe 15 minutes! Score! A short wait on a ride I didn’t have to pay extra for, lol 😂
Nice score on that one! I haven’t ridden for a while and can’t see myself paying to do so.

More Riviera pictures before we head out to MK
Your room was beautiful! I love the characters “hidden” in the carpet.

MK was beautiful and inviting as always, except the train was not running!
What a bummer about the train! I usually ride it once per trip - it’s nice to sit down and save a few hundred steps! (Plus, trains are always fun.)

The fancy ride line was not busy at all.
This is great to know! I’ve read the VQ lines can be very long - I’m happy to pay to ensure a shorter wait. I’m glad you liked the ride!

We hopped in line and the wait was maybe 15 minutes! Score! A short wait on a ride I didn’t have to pay extra for, lol 😂
That’s amazing - what a fun surprise! (And what a good savings! :laughing: )
We did a lot of rides with Genie 🧞‍♀️ today so the cost was worth it on this day!
You crushed it with Genie+ - great job! Although I agree it would be nice to pre-book a few things, it seems you can book more Lightening Lanes with the current system that you could with Fastpass+. No one is getting and therefore removing “extra” rides that they don’t really want - especially at the parks that had tiers.

It is the honey almond cold brew. This is so good. The whipped cream is house made and infused with honey! I love this ❤️ Andi had a plain old black cold brew, what fun is that lol 😂

This does sound good and a great afternoon pick me up.

We did PPF first! Talk about nostalgia! I love this dark ride! Such a favorite of mine! Andi likes it but certainly not her favorite! She is weird lol 😂

Peter Pan is my favorite FL ride! No one else likes it in my family like I do.

I love the take off!

I watched the new HM movie last night and I liked it! If you are a die hard fan of HM, you will like the movie! It made me want to be on the ride so bad last night! The Hatbox ghost in the movie was creepy!

I watched it yesterday for the first time and liked it. I love the New Orleans stuff and Louisiana touches along with the HM touches. Made me want to ride the ride too.

This ride is another favorite! The castle looks so pretty from the ride!

Love BTMRR at night.

We walked over to Fantasyland to ride Pooh! Another fun little ride! I love bouncing like Tigger!

I love bouncing like Tigger too.

When we got off Pooh, we noticed the line for 7DMT was like 30 minutes with no one in the outside part at all! It was getting close to fireworks time! We hopped in line and the wait was maybe 15 minutes! Score! A short wait on a ride I didn’t have to pay extra for, lol 😂

Wow, amazing luck.

You did get your money's worth on this day.

Kudos to you for trying Tron! I know big coasters are not something you enjoy. I feel like it's a little more thrilling than BTMRR but not as intense as EE.

Love that PPF is a must-do for you in the MK. :goodvibes I like to think if you can drag Andi on it as an adult, I'll be able to get Landon to go with me when he's grown up. :rotfl:

Genie Plus is really advantageous in the MK. But sorry both your Pirates and 7DMT ride photos never showed up. That's disappointing!

You hit the nail on the head with the HM movie. We watched it as a family over the weekend, and the kids and I kept saying, "I wish we could go on HM now." Looking forward to the addition to the Hatbox Ghost in the MK now.

Tub/shower (we never used this)
IMG_2023-10-01-082619.jpg
That is a beautiful tub!

Did any of you ride the train years ago to get from Fantasy Land to the front of the park during, or close to the fireworks show? I remember doing that many times and what a great hack to avoid large crowds!
This is a smart idea! I feel like the train is down for most of our trips, though

We had to put my bag in the locker, this was no problem and when you are done with the ride, you pick up your belongings on the ride side. The lockers open on two sides.
There are SO many lockers, it's crazy!

I watched the new HM movie last night and I liked it! If you are a die hard fan of HM, you will like the movie
I want to watching this before halloween!

I have a love/hate relationship with this ride! Andi loves it for the challenge to get the 999999 every time, me not so much!
A few times, I haven't even bothered trying... ha.

Your room is beautiful. I love a full shower instead of the tub/shower combo.
I really like The Riviera and the shower was wonderful! Andi and I both missed that shower when we left!
I only remember the train running until 6pm or dark, which ever came first.
We definitely rode it before fireworks to get back to the front of the park years ago and it was such a nice way to beat the crowds!
I'm glad you liked it. :) Was the ride vehicle similar to the vehicle at Flight of Passage?
It was similar but you did have to bend over more than FoP. I was really nervous about getting on it and it was not as bad as I thought!
We watched it and I felt it was just "okay".
I liked it, there was a lot going on with it, for sure lol 😂 I loved all the HM Easter eggs!
Buzz is one of my favorite rides and I always try to beat my husband. But he always beats me - almost always.
I never beat Andi but I think I beat my sister once on it, haha 😆
felt exactly the same way! I really really wanted to be back at HM in WDW after watching the movie
Exactly. Did you see the doom buggy that was a chair and the famous Donald Duck chair in the seance room, I loved seeing all the Easter eggs!
You definitely got your money’s worth this day!
I think we did. I did fuzzy Disney math and I think it broke down to being less than $5.00 a ride, lol that doesn’t sound great when it all use to be free with just the price of admission!
I loved doing that. Truthfully I just loved the train (and toontown). I have such happy memories of it ❤️
Same! We have so many wonderful memories on the train and toontown! We rode the ride so much in the past!
Kudos to you for trying Tron! I know big coasters are not something you enjoy. I feel like it's a little more thrilling than BTMRR but not as intense as EE.
Yes, I was very proud of myself, haha 😆 I only did it once but will do it again for sure!
Love that PPF is a must-do for you in the MK. :goodvibes I like to think if you can drag Andi on it as an adult, I'll be able to get Landon to go with me when he's grown up.
Andi has told me, this isn’t my favorite but I know how much you love so that makes it special to me❤️❤️ She can make her mom’s heart melt!
Genie Plus is really advantageous in the MK. But sorry both your Pirates and 7DMT ride photos never showed up. That's disappointing!
The only Pirates that showed up was one where we had given up and weren’t even looking at the camera. You can barely see us!
You hit the nail on the head with the HM movie. We watched it as a family over the weekend, and the kids and I kept saying, "I wish we could go on HM now." Looking forward to the addition to the Hatbox Ghost in the MK now.
I wanted to be on the ride the whole movie! :rotfl: I think where the Donald Duck chair was is where the Hatbox ghost will be!

So nice!As a DVC member I've never had a lovely surprise like that.
I know, I was shocked! We usually never get anything extra! It was a nice surprise
tried that cold brew this summer and loved it!
It is my favorite! So many reasons to take the Skyliner over to Riviera
I found the train closed by 5 pm in August. It seemed early to me.
That is way to early, no wonder we missed it!
You did it!!!!
I did! I liked Tron, it was very smooth and very short!
I need to watch this movie!
I think you watched now! The Easter eggs in there so amazing!
I think so? Pluto, Goofy and Mickey? Possibly Minnie?
yes, it is Goofy, Pluto, and Mickey!
Nice lineup. I think if you hadn’t paid forcTron, that HM slot might have been tough.
It would have. One nice thing about Genie is you can stack pretty close together and it usually works just fine. Here is a close up of my Foolish Mortals shirt with the Disney Villains
IMG_2023-10-12-192433.jpg
But considering I don’t care for coffee… who am I to judge?
I’m not a huge coffee fan. I’m the one who has a little coffee and a ton of creamer!
Not after fireworks, but at other times, yes.
We use to ride it before fireworks to get to the front of the park. It was so nice!
In my top 3. Love this ride.
I know PPF a true Disney dark ride! It gives you all the special feelings!
What is wrong with that girl? You need to trade her in for a new model.
Haha 😂 sometimes I wish I could!
If memory serves, it was a personal data disc? And you used them in a kind of aggressive frisbee game.
Oh cool, thank for that! I wasn’t sure what we were doing :rotfl:
Of course! Best ride in Disney!
I 100% agree HM is the best! Well right behind Dinosaur 🦖
It’s on Disney+ now! Can’t wait to watch it!
Did you watch it yet? If so what did you think. I loved all the hidden Easter Eggs
Very impressive! Seriously!
We did get to ride a lot in MK
Nice score on that one! I haven’t ridden for a while and can’t see myself paying to do so.
I know it was perfect timing!

Your room was beautiful! I love the characters “hidden” in the carpet.
Thank you, same I loved the carpet and all the artwork!
What a bummer about the train! I usually ride it once per trip - it’s nice to sit down and save a few hundred steps! (Plus, trains are always fun.)
I was sad we didn’t get to ride together!
This is great to know! I’ve read the VQ lines can be very long - I’m happy to pay to ensure a shorter wait. I’m glad you liked the ride!
Yes the average wait time with VQ is usually around 40 minutes and sometimes longer!

That’s amazing - what a fun surprise! (And what a good savings! :laughing: )
We lucked out with such a short wait for 7 Dwarfs
You crushed it with Genie+ - great job! Although I agree it would be nice to pre-book a few things, it seems you can book more Lightening Lanes with the current system that you could with Fastpass+. No one is getting and therefore removing “extra” rides that they don’t really want - especially at the parks that had tiers.
I wish we could set up in advance and I wish the cost would stop going up every week! You can get more overall than FP+ but I do remember getting the extra FP selections after the first 3 fairly easily especially in MK and it didn’t cost extra!
This does sound good and a great afternoon pick me up.
Try it one of your trips! It is delicious
Peter Pan is my favorite FL ride! No one else likes it in my family like I do.
Same here! We need to ride together since our kids are lame :rotfl2:
I love the take off!
It was cool, not near as terrifying as RnRc
I watched it yesterday for the first time and liked it. I love the New Orleans stuff and Louisiana touches along with the HM touches. Made me want to ride the ride too.
I liked mainly because of the ride reference and I liked the little boy!
Love BTMRR at night.
Same, it is a different experience at night. I want to ride Tron at night now
I love bouncing like Tigger too.
Another favorite and Andi actually likes this one!
Wow, amazing luck.
It was perfect timing and a low wait without paying extra
You did get your money's worth on this day.
I think so
This is a smart idea! I feel like the train is down for most of our trips, though
It was a great way to rest and not fight crowds close to fireworks time. Bunker it closes so early now!
want to watching this before halloween!
You will love all the HM Easter eggs
A few times, I haven't even bothered trying... ha.
Same, I give up most of the time and just look around!

yes, it is Goofy, Pluto, and Mickey!
Yay me!
Here is a close up of my Foolish Mortals shirt with the Disney Villains
Nice! Really like it!
I’m not a huge coffee fan. I’m the one who has a little coffee and a ton of creamer!
Heh. I avoid accidentally getting coffee in my milk.
I know PPF a true Disney dark ride! It gives you all the special feelings!
::yes::
Haha 😂 sometimes I wish I could!
I 100% agree HM is the best! Well right behind Dinosaur 🦖
I’ll give you that one.
Did you watch it yet? If so what did you think. I loved all the hidden Easter Eggs
Not yet. Saving it for when I can watch it straight through.

Exactly. Did you see the doom buggy that was a chair and the famous Donald Duck chair in the seance room, I loved seeing all the Easter eggs!
Yes and yes. We are going to watch it again on Disney + over Halloween break.
I am an eejit though- when I used to see people on here talking about Disney Easter eggs I originally thought they meant Easter Egg shaped things. Took me a while to work out what you all meant :rotfl: We might all be speaking English but sometimes it’s not the same language:rotfl:

Don’t suppose you know why they are referred to as Easter eggs? :confused3:rotfl:

Do you like tea? I like 1 cup in the morning with tons of cream and a cookie! :rotfl2:
If it’s made right.
Directions:
Add one cup of sugar to two cups of water add flavour (I like lemon, peach and raspberry flavours). Briefly dunk a tea bag in it so you can say it’s “tea”. Serve ice cold.

You’re from Minnesota so I’m pretty sure you know what I’m talking about.
Let me know what you think of the movie!
Will do. :)

Add one cup of sugar to two cups of water add flavour (I like lemon, peach and raspberry flavours). Briefly dunk a tea bag in it so you can say it’s “tea”. Serve ice cold.

You’re from Minnesota so I’m pretty sure you know what I’m talking about.
OMG 😆 I know exactly what you are saying ::yes:: :rotfl:

“Where the future is truly in the past”

We had a wonderful night of sleep! The beds are comfortable and the room was very quiet!

I woke up around 6:45 to start the Genie+ process. We mainly wanted Genie for Remy this evening. It was for around 5pm.

I also made a GotG fancy ride for 6pm and FoP for around 1030am. I tried to go back to sleep for a little longer but no such luck. I got up and ready for the day. I had coffee and a banana out on the deck. Andi was up now and ready to roll.

Here are the remaining two of the fab 5 in the carpet. This is Mickey and Donald Duck! I made a mistake and thought Minnie was Mickey in the first photos I showed you. @pkontz was right saying MInnie! 👏👏
IMG_2023-10-14-113323.jpg
IMG_2023-10-14-113254.jpg
We decided to take a Lyft to AK. Our driver was very nice but I had to tell him which way to go once in AK. :sad2: I know the ride share area well. He was like oh cool thank you! He was going to go in the actual parking lot. Once we arrived and did all the usual things (security, scan in) it was around 9:30. AK had opened at 8:30 for everyone. Any guesses what our first attraction was? I bet most of you got it correct! Dinosaur, of course. It was still a walk on yay! It was awesome to be doing this ride with Andi once again! ❤️So many memories of us through the years riding together. I’m so glad she still loves this ride.
IMG_2023-10-14-111630.jpg
We had some time before I could make our next Genie selection so we just meandered around the park. Looking in stores and just enjoying the sights and sounds of AK. We went on the gorilla 🦍 trail. We found out from the CM that the teen male gorillas have been moved to the area with the big silverback now. It was fun to see them in a different area.
IMG_2023-10-14-131318.jpg
It was time for another Genie selection. We got a Safari for right now. Excellent! We headed onto the Safari with virtually no wait.

We had a wonderful Safari driver. We could hear her really well and she had some different information which I love! None of which I remember right now! Safari animals! I love the painted dogs and one was up walking around, cool 😎
IMG_2023-10-14-113710.jpg
IMG_2023-10-14-113759.jpg
IMG_2023-10-14-113840.jpg
It was a good Safari, I was able to make another Genie pick while in line. I made it for Navi River Journey around 12:00.

Andi was hungry and we decided to head to our favorite QS in AK, any guesses? Satuli of course. It was still early and the place was not very busy yet. We decided to share a chicken bowl with rice and the creamy herb dressing.
IMG_2023-10-14-114203.jpg
Wood-Grilled Chicken Thighs marinated with Garlic and Olive Oil topped with Crunchy Vegetable Slaw and Boba Balls served with your choice of Base and Sauce

This was perfect as a snack since we have a Sanaa reservation at 2:30pm.

This was just right and really delicious! Andi tried the green beer. Hawkes' Grog Ale

20-oz Draft - Fruity Hop with notes of Apricot and Peach.

This beer is so good. I am not a big beer drinker but I really enjoy this. It is specifically made for Pandora at AK. You can’t get it anywhere else.
IMG_2023-10-14-113524.jpg
We enjoyed our food and drink!

It was time to ride FoP, we literally walked right on. I still love this ride so much. It is a top experience at Disney for me! We had a wonderful ride!

Next it was time for Navi River Journey. Again, very short wait in the LL. I do like this slow moving boat ride. I don’t think I would wait more than 20 minutes for it. The Shaman was working at the end of the ride. This animatronic is amazing!
IMG_2023-10-14-113447.jpg
I had made another Genie for Dinosaur. We needed one more ride on this before heading to Sanaa. We loved our ride as always. It was time to work our way out of the park. I love the gift shops in AK. The shops here are my favorite of all the parks.

I like the design and how they are set up. I always find something I like. I did see some shirts I liked but I didn’t buy anything.

We headed to the AKL bus stop and a bus was there, yay!

The bus stayed for a little longer to fill up, so we did wait about 10 minutes. The ride to AKL is super quick. Sanaa is at Kidani Village, which is the first stop.

Stay tuned for our late lunch review and our evening in Epcot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter