• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Let’s reschedule for 2021! Who’s in?

I'm reading all of you booking for 2021 and talking about all the new things that will be up and running then. Am I the only one thinking that a lot of the things that are supposed to be ready for next year will be at least six months behind? I'm pretty sure with all the parks closed down everything that was in the process of being built are completely shut down for the foreseeable future. Many of the things like the Mary Poppins whatever in the UK that hasn't even been started I can't see being completed by 2021. We are doing a wait and see as we would like to do a trip next year as well. We do have a short trip to Universal at the end of this year.
So you know that Mary Poppins has not been started? I was wondering what the status is. I haven't been to WDW since 2018, so I have no idea what Epcot looks like right now. All I knew about was the announcement in August 2019. I assumed at least something had been started, but there's no real info anywhere that I could find. If Mary Poppins isn't there when we hopefully go summer 2021, I will be disappointed, but it isn't the only reason for us to go.

We are supposed to go this June with the castle being painted and all sorts of things being done to prepare for the 50th anniversary. I thought that perhaps going a year later we would see more things if not all completed. That might not be realistic.

Right now, I'm staying home and staying safe. I hope that my family gets to safely enjoy WDW in the summer 2021 regardless of refurbishments.

I have even looked at Pop Century - may be a good option for two oldies in their 60's
Garden view and a non-connecting room would be fine to sleep in
Has a bed, shower, sink, table, refrigerator and a coffee maker
Nice TV, space under the bed for suitcases, enough drawer space, and a quiet pool

We spend most of our days in the Parks - can do Minnie Vans in the AM ($25 per trip x 6 days = $150)
still a savings with a room under $200

Our WDW may come in at $5000 or less - depends on airfare and food
Room = $1400 - could be less at Pop Century
Airfare = $800
Food & souvenir about $200/day= $1400
Tickets = 6 day park hopper about $1400 & one day in Disney Springs

We have an April 2021 Fantasy cruise booked. debating about 2-3 days at Disney before the cruise.

ETA: We currently have a July 2020 stay booked at WL. 🤞🏻 And hoping for the best but I’m not so sure now 😩

I have even looked at Pop Century - may be a good option for two oldies in their 60's
Garden view and a non-connecting room would be fine to sleep in
Has a bed, shower, sink, table, refrigerator and a coffee maker
Nice TV, space under the bed for suitcases, enough drawer space, and a quiet pool

We spend most of our days in the Parks - can do Minnie Vans in the AM ($25 per trip x 6 days = $150)
still a savings with a room under $200

Our WDW may come in at $5000 or less - depends on airfare and food
Room = $1400 - could be less at Pop Century
Airfare = $800
Food & souvenir about $200/day= $1400
Tickets = 6 day park hopper about $1400 & one day in Disney Springs
Minnie Vans have not been $25 for quite a while. They are now a base price of I think $15 and then you get charged for mileage. They cost quite a lot more now.
Denise

We had a cruise cancelled - twice. But, it wasn't a Disney cruise. Now, just waiting for a refund.

Meanwhile, my daughters asked if we could plan a trip to WDW instead. YAY! I've totally had disney fever lately. We have not been since March 2013. So, I loved that idea. Now, just waiting for 2021 to open up to book. One of my daughters said that her fondest memories are from Christmas at Disney. . .so that is what I'm wanting to book.

We were supposed to go May 27-June 3 of 2020. That got rescheduled to June 15-22 of 2020 but I don't think things are going to be up and running yet as have little data on asymptomatic spread. :sad2: We might try early August but we head back to school August 10th and I am not sure when we could reschedule.

I just cancelled our mid-August trip this morning. :sad2: We weren’t feeling comfortable with the COVID-19 situation as it exists right now and I can’t imagine getting on a plane anytime soon. DH and I are both high-risk due to our ages and medical issues. Fortunately, we’re able to work from home right now and that is a huge help.

So we will have a bigger chunk of DVC points to work with in 2021 for 2 - maybe 3?! - trips. One will be in either January or February and we’ll go from there. Planning is half the fun, right?

Officially cancelled our July 2020 trip and now I'm all in on the rescheduling board for next summer! Very sad, but feeling way more comfortable to push it back. Hopefully by then (hopefully sooner) there will be a vaccine and more widely used test available for all and a lot more normalcy. Staying hopeful.

We canceled a June DLR trip and a July national park trip. This whole situation is making me crave Disney, what can I say? So now we're hoping for a 2021 trip to WDW. I'm a teacher, so we're pretty limited on when we can go. We are thinking June, or maybe July again (last trip was July 2019). We'd really like to do a Thanksgiving or Christmas trip at some point, but I'm not sure if 2021 will be the year for that. We'll see what happens with all of the many variables going on right now.

Officially cancelled our July 2020 trip and now I'm all in on the rescheduling board for next summer! Very sad, but feeling way more comfortable to push it back. Hopefully by then (hopefully sooner) there will be a vaccine and more widely used test available for all and a lot more normalcy. Staying hopeful.
I just did the same. The amount of relief I feel is indescribable. It was the right decision for us.

I just did the same. The amount of relief I feel is indescribable. It was the right decision for us.
Same! I am sad of course, but in the grand scheme of things, cancelling my trip isn't that huge of a deal with everything going on! Plus I feel so much relief to be more settled instead of the big MAYBE hanging over my head!

I’m waiting to cancel my July trip until JetBlue extends their refund no penalty policy. So I’m just seeing how things pan out.
I am debating about getting an annual pass for next year though (April 2020 activate it), but I’m not sure with this all. I guess I have to see how it plays out

Before Covid I was planning Nov 2021 for my family of 4 but now I’m nervous it will be jammed packed even more than usual if things are returned to normal by that point. Reading all of you talk about Bday celebrations makes me think maybe we could either do Feb 2022 for my kids 9th Bdays or June 2022 for my 40th!
I’m also afraid things may not be returned to “normal” in Nov 2021. It was so hot there last Nov, I could not imagine wearing a fast mask in that heat.

One thing I love so much about all your stories, is hope, and love. Everything is unknown, but none of us are givin up on that most amazing feeling of walking in the park, that first day, and breathing in all the magic. And for the next however many days our vacations last, we are enrobed in pixie dust. I’m not giving up. It will all go back ,to maybe a new normal, but a normal. And I for one will welcome the stupid long lines! 😂😂 it’s kind a a weird feeling knowing that just about this time last year, we were just starting to plan our June 2020 trip.....and every day I checked if the packages were out yet. And days before we were to make fast passes,the whole dream was crushed.
and then my husband said, we’ll half the fun for you is planning, so look at it as a dress rehearsal and get planning. 😳 so now the wait for 2021 packages begins......and discount watch begins.....and it’s so much more fun to be doing it with all of you. ❤❤❤ Here’s to an amazing 2021!

One thing I love so much about all your stories, is hope, and love. Everything is unknown, but none of us are givin up on that most amazing feeling of walking in the park, that first day, and breathing in all the magic. And for the next hoe er many days our vacations last, we are enrobed in pixie dust. I’m not giving up. It will all go back ,to maybe a new normal, but a normal. And I for one will welcome the stupid long lines! 😂😂 it’s kind a a weird feeling knowing that just about this time last year, we were just starting to plan our June 2020 trip.....and every day I checked if the packages were out yet. And days before we were to make fast passes,the whole dream was crushed.
and then my husband said, we’ll half the fun for you is planning, so look at it as a dress rehearsal and get planning. 😳 so now the wait for 2021 packages begins......and discount watch begins.....and it’s so much more fun to be doing it with all of you. ❤❤❤ Here’s to an amazing 2021!

We were supposed to be checking into the Poly next Saturday. Today we booked an even bigger dream trip for next May instead and suddenly I don't feel so devastated anymore. I think we all need a little faith, trust, and pixie dust nowadays, more than ever.

One thing I love so much about all your stories, is hope, and love. Everything is unknown, but none of us are givin up on that most amazing feeling of walking in the park, that first day, and breathing in all the magic. And for the next however many days our vacations last, we are enrobed in pixie dust. I’m not giving up. It will all go back ,to maybe a new normal, but a normal. And I for one will welcome the stupid long lines! 😂😂 it’s kind a a weird feeling knowing that just about this time last year, we were just starting to plan our June 2020 trip.....and every day I checked if the packages were out yet. And days before we were to make fast passes,the whole dream was crushed.

This is such a great way to look at it, a dress rehearsal! I always think I (almost!!) have more fun planning anyway so I'm looking at it as a blessing in disguise I guess! Yay for positivity!

We were supposed to be checking into the Poly next Saturday. Today we booked an even bigger dream trip for next May instead and suddenly I don't feel so devastated anymore. I think we all need a little faith, trust, and pixie dust nowadays, more than ever.

Good for you and a longer stay! My DH told me we can tack on a couple more days to this new trip so I'm looking on the bright side! Agree with a little pixie dust, for sure!

We're planning to go to September 27-October 3 2021 and then switch over to Universal for a few days. It's the only time that seems to work for us. Fiance and I get married this year so next year's trip will be an early 1st anniversary trip.

We are pretty much in the same boat as you! Haven't been to Disney since 2014, & currently have an early July 2020 reservation that we booked last year. But, yesterday I called to book a "backup" reservation for July 2021 in case we decide to cancel our July trip this summer. It just isn't looking too good! But, like you said, there's a lot to look forward to for next year with the new rides & 50th anniversary! Plus we'd have another year to save more money :)
Question for everyone, how are you rebooking so far out? When I try to search for room
availability through Disney’s website it stops at December. How far in advance do people normally book their trips? Are you booking through a third party? I wanted to try the Dining Plan. I was planning my current September trip thats booked about 8 months out. Now Im so sad that it seems like its not going to happen! Can I plan for a year or more out?

Question for everyone, how are you rebooking so far out? When I try to search for room
availability through Disney’s website it stops at December. How far in advance do people normally book their trips? Are you booking through a third party? I wanted to try the Dining Plan. I was planning my current September trip thats booked about 8 months out. Now Im so sad that it seems like its not going to happen! Can I plan for a year or more out?
You can book 499 days from your arrival date by calling Disney, but you can only book a room only reservation, paying the rack rate. Once Disney releases 2021 rates (usually in June), you can make modifications or rebook as a package. Disney typically releases discounts throughout the year which you can apply to your existing reservation (in most cases). :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter