• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Let’s reschedule for 2021! Who’s in?

I am thinking February 2021 if there is a vaccine by then. If no vaccine, will wait until February 2022. We want to stay at Fort Wilderness cabins next time and are excited for a break from the winter at FW where we can explore trails, horseback ride, and go kayaking. Maybe take a day or two at Universal.

If I don't get to go to V&A this year (see my signature), I probably won't be going until 2023.

I wanted to go 2018, my tenth anniversary, a "landmark" anniversary and when I graduated. I had to cancel.
I rescheduled for 2019. I had to cancel.
I rescheduled for 2020. It would either be third time's the charm, or three strikes.
It's looking like three strikes.

So if we don't go this year, I will probably wait until our 15th anniversary in 2023. Might as well wait for another landmark anniversary at this rate. It'll probably line-up with yet another graduation, so it would be a big year again like the year I originally wanted to go.

I'm sad, but I'm also not willing to pay that much money for a bunch of cast members wearing masks and standing six feet from my table.

If I don't get to go to V&A this year (see my signature), I probably won't be going until 2023.

I wanted to go 2018, my tenth anniversary, a "landmark" anniversary and when I graduated. I had to cancel.
I rescheduled for 2019. I had to cancel.
I rescheduled for 2020. It would either be third time's the charm, or three strikes.
It's looking like three strikes.

So if we don't go this year, I will probably wait until our 15th anniversary in 2023. Might as well wait for another landmark anniversary at this rate. It'll probably line-up with yet another graduation, so it would be a big year again like the year I originally wanted to go.

I'm sad, but I'm also not willing to pay that much money for a bunch of cast members wearing masks and standing six feet from my table.

I'm sorry that you'll be missing your anniversary dinner! I hear you, I wouldn't want to spend that much money for not a full dining experience! Although it's not ideal, it is better to wait! Plus you'll have way more to celebrate in the future!

Reactions: Nox

Heading there in December, Just cant wait till December 2021. Our province is down to 56 active cases on the covid-19 and we are starting to reopen. I hope our friends in the USA beat this soon. We wish you all good health.

You are assuming that the US-Canada border will be open by then. It should be, but you never know. Good luck!

You are assuming that the US-Canada border will be open by then. It should be, but you never know. Good luck!
I remember reading somewhere that the US/Canada border will be the first of the international borders to open up

Yes. Mr Trump already wants us to open the border. I think by June 1 we will see it open
I don't want to be picky but the US cannot act alone, both Mexico and Canada need to agree that they want visitors from the US crossing into their countries.

We couldn't go for our favorite time of year in 2021 and still be assured everyone in our group could go, so we made our back-up trip for June 19th-28th, 2021. It's good to know there's still a trip on the horizon no matter what. :)

good for you ! and you're going to have an even better time because you'll have peace of mind ! ❤

Back in June of 2018 when we left that trip we picked June of 2021 for the next one. Being that WDW can be expensive (and I pay cash) it takes that long to save for the next one. The girls have given me their restaurant requests as well as a FP list. The only thing they have not decided on is the hotel. the 19 year old has said a major recession is coming so she is wanting to see what the prices look like in 4-5 months from now. She wants to stretch my budget as far as it will go.

Back in June of 2018 when we left that trip we picked June of 2021 for the next one. Being that WDW can be expensive (and I pay cash) it takes that long to save for the next one. The girls have given me their restaurant requests as well as a FP list. The only thing they have not decided on is the hotel. the 19 year old has said a major recession is coming so she is wanting to see what the prices look like in 4-5 months from now. She wants to stretch my budget as far as it will go.

I'm hoping that we'll see good discounts at least. I have to believe that Disney is going to want to court people to come back, especially after all the job loss, so hopefully that will translate to good deals. :)

What a great thread...if kept positive :rolleyes1. Me DH and DD12 are from UK and had our 11April 14night holiday cancelled 3 weeks prior . 12 months in the planning and had all the fastpasses booked. I felt extremely sorry for myself. Now looking at May 2021. Once travel insurance allows me and refunds are back in my account we will be booking! Not expecting it to be exactly the same but hopefully still a bit magical!

What a great thread...if kept positive :rolleyes1. Me DH and DD12 are from UK and had our 11April 14night holiday cancelled 3 weeks prior . 12 months in the planning and had all the fastpasses booked. I felt extremely sorry for myself. Now looking at May 2021. Once travel insurance allows me and refunds are back in my account we will be booking! Not expecting it to be exactly the same but hopefully still a bit magical!

welcome to our fun 2021 thread !! and I believe your trip is going to be even better.... this was just a practice run !

You should come on over to our May 2021 thread for some fun! https://www.disboards.com/threads/c...heck-or-high-water-were-going-to-wdw.3797627/

I feel really bad for you guys, so much rotten luck recently for UK guests between this and the Thomas Cook fiasco a few months ago. Some of my favorite WDW memories have been chatting with UK families at the parks...seems like just about all of Manchester in particular was at French Quarter when I stayed there last summer! I have family in the Midlands who come every year for 14 day trips. They were not planning to do so this year due to work commitments though, funny enough. They're not sure when they can rebook or else they would meet up with us next May.

I was thinking of next spring for Flower and Garden. Assuming that the dates follow this year's, I'll probably go late April/early May while keeping an eye on the cheer tournament schedule. Though I wasn't going to stay at a value, so it probably won't matter.

I'm just debating whether I should call and actually book or wait until I can do it from the site. Part of me thinks it's probably fine, but the other part feels like everyone who had to cancel this year is just going next year instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter