Liberty Tree Tavern Character Dinner Review

TruBlu

DIS Veteran
This was our first meal on Disney property, and it did not disappoint! We arrived for our ADR about 30 minutes early and was told that they could seat us early!!!! :woohoo: As we waited in the lobby, a little girl gave the boys some Mickey shaped glitter. pixiedust: They were very happy that our magical trip had finally started! :yay:

We were seated at a small table for 4 at the bottom of the stairs leading to the bathroom. This worked out well since both boys had to go shortly after we were seated!!! :bounce:

Our waiter was very nice and friendly. :)

Our drink, salad and bread arrived very quickly. We were disappointed in the salad. The dressing tasted like standard vinaigrette - which neither of us particularly like. The bread was in the form of very hard dinner rolls - again disappointing - but not bad. We much prefer soft breads. DS7 ate the middle out of all but two rolls in the basket He thought the soft centers were very good - especially dunked in gravy.

On to the real food...
The meats were fantastic! I thought we were going to fight over the carved beef! It was fabulous!!! It was perfectly done, very juicy, and had a fantastic flavor. Our least favorite, and the only one left on the plate, was the smoked pork loin. It wasn’t that it was bad, we just all filled up on the beef and turkey. The rest of the meal was very good as well. I LOVE stuffing and this was very good. I think I ate most of what they brought us! Since I was eating so much stuffing, I only had a small taste of the mashed potatoes. They also were great. Our vegetable was green beans. They were slightly crunchy (not the way we cook them in the South!), and we enjoyed them as well. Our least favorite item was the Macaroni and Cheese, but only because the boy eat tons of Mac and Cheese at home. The only thing that was missing was cranberry sauce!

Dessert was warm apple cobbler topped with vanilla ice-cream. YUMMY! My only complaint was that it needed more ice-cream. My boys gobbled that up and left DH and me with the cobbler. It was very, very good!!!

Character interaction was great! They all visited our table 3 or more times. We got some great video and pictures with Goofy!

WE LOVE LTT!!! I think this will definitely be a first night ritual for our family.
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Our rating: 6 thumbs up (One each from DH and me and 2 each from the boys!!) :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Thanks for the review!
I thought it was funny that you liked exactly the things that I didn't and vice-versa! I guess it all balances out! But perhaps some of the preparations have changed as well.

I have asked for and received cranberry sauce at LTT. I just love it and find it almost painful to eat turkey breast without it. We had an excellent server and it was no problem.

Glad to hear you liked the LTT. We have it on our ADR list for the upcoming trip, and are looking forward to it. Sounds like our kind of food......And PLENTY of it! :mickeybar

erikthewise said:
Thanks for the review!
I thought it was funny that you liked exactly the things that I didn't and vice-versa! I guess it all balances out! But perhaps some of the preparations have changed as well.

I have asked for and received cranberry sauce at LTT. I just love it and find it almost painful to eat turkey breast without it. We had an excellent server and it was no problem.
When did you last go? We don't have any previous visits to compare to, so I don't know if the menu has changed.

I have a ressie at 5:20pm on my halloween party nite= what a great way to start to the night. This will be a first for us dining at this restaurant- I have heard so many great things.

TruBlu said:
When did you last go? We don't have any previous visits to compare to, so I don't know if the menu has changed.

Just last Dec. The menu hasn't changed, and probably the food prep hasn't either. Just different tastes I guess.

Thanks for the review! Is LTT an "all you can eat" type of restaurant? I don't mind either way, just thought I'd ask. We'll be going October! :woohoo:

Yes it is an all you can eat resturant. We ate there last year before our MNNSHP night and really liked it. I thought all the food was good but the mac and cheese. It just wasn't for me. We are scheduled to eat here again in September before the MNNSHP on the 15th. :thumbsup2

We've got a ADR for 5:30 the night we're going to MVMCP....woo hoo!

I still remember how great LTT was when I was a kid and went there in May of 1979 (egads...how long ago was THAT?)....Do they still have apple butter?

It's so much fun to develop those "first day/night" traditions! We're going to try LTT in Nov, so I'm happy to see a good review! Thanks!

What is wrong with the Mac & cheese? DGS loves it , but he also likes stuffing and will eat at least one of the meats plus salad and most veg. but the mac. would have to be pretty bad for him not to eat it!!

fightinfire21 said:
Yes it is an all you can eat resturant. We ate there last year before our MNNSHP night and really liked it. I thought all the food was good but the mac and cheese. It just wasn't for me. We are scheduled to eat here again in September before the MNNSHP on the 15th. :thumbsup2

Oh good because by the way everyone talks, I'm pretty sure we'll want seconds! :teeth:

Thanks for the review :thumbsup2 We'll be there in about 3 weeks and will eat at LTT for the first time. Really looking forward to it.

Jen

Thanks for the review! We have ADRs there for our trip in August and every time I read a good review of one of the places we're supposed to eat, it makes me even more excited about our trip! :cheer2:

Thanks for the review. Dinner at the LTT is a first night tradition for my crew, and I'm glad to hear that it's still yummy. :banana: Can't wait until August!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter