Life After Marathons: A Running/barre3/Coffee/Life Journal

I have a branded credit card from an approved vendor and it doesn't work on Garmin Pay even though it shows up in my account. :confused3

Well it looks like this Garmin pay thing doesnt particularly work very well at all.
I got an email from my credit card issuer saying that I could now use my card with Garmin Pay ... apparently not.

Well it looks like this Garmin pay thing doesnt particularly work very well at all.
I got an email from my credit card issuer saying that I could now use my card with Garmin Pay ... apparently not.

At least you can return short-form text messages! That's Android-only.

Today's Update:
Returned my library books. Got another run in. Learned that the key to enjoying running is not waking up at 5am to run. So naturally ... I'll be up at 5am tomorrow to run.

Packing is scheduled for tonight. So far I have 3-4 tops, some accessories, and that's it. It's gonna be a fun night.

Work is kind of in a "hurry up and wait" pattern ... when I can get things done, I do them as fast as I can, but some things I just have to wait for other issues (that aren't super high priority) to be resolved before I can do my work. I don't think I'm going to get as much done before vacation as I wanted, but whatever. It is what it is.

I don't think pedicure or new running capris will happen this week (although if I'm not going for a pedicure, I should paint my toenails so that I can wear my sandals on Friday), so I'm almost done with my to-do list. Yay!

Nowhere near done, but ... progress:
upload_2018-6-27_23-43-54.png

(and yes, I do have an extra mattress in my room. And yes, my room is a mess. Once I get the mattress out of here (hopefully soon after I get back) I can start attacking the mess behind it.)
(Also ... I am not planning to bring both hats, but I don't know which hat to bring. The Yankees one is less embarrassing to wear, but the NYRR Volunteer one (the light blue one in this picture) is moisture-wicking. I dunno.)

I'm trying to decide if I want to leave the office and work at Starbucks for an hour. It might stop me from murdering someone. And it's not like there's anything that I can do here that I can't do from Starbucks...

Also, I didn't know whether to believe my watch or my treadmill this morning. It was rough.

Update: I got a caramel macchiato to bring back to the office. I need to start eating like a human being again. After the trip.

Also ... Toy Story Land dedication live streaming starts at 10:55am tomorrow. I have a meeting at 11.
Sigh.

upload_2018-6-28_21-39-18.png

I'm thinking about stopping by after work tomorrow, but I dunno. I don't have an unlimited Metrocard right now, which means it costs me an extra $2.75 to stop off at the runcenter. But if I get something decent for cheap, it might be worth it. I'll decide tomorrow. (It will also probably depend on how late I work, which will depend on if I can solve this one mystery I'm dealing with)

Mostly done with my to-do list for the night, so I'm binge-watching This Orlando Life vlogs to get me in the Disney mood.

Oh ... Des Linden announced this week that she's going to run the NYC Marathon. I'm working first shift finish line baggage, and while I'm sure there's a separate area for professional runners to get their bags, there's still a slight possibility that I might see her. I'm excited!

Also, (I'm not going to talk about what it is because I don't want to sound terrible or make anyone feel bad or anything, but...) I'm having a severe first world problem right now. Nothing super serious, just ... first world problem. I feel like such a terrible person for caring about my first world problem, but I still have the problem.

Last edited:
Also, (I'm not going to talk about what it is because I don't want to sound terrible or make anyone feel bad or anything, but...) I'm having a severe first world problem right now. Nothing super serious, just ... first world problem. I feel like such a terrible person for caring about my first world problem, but I still have the problem.
This is like the definition of vague posting... :rotfl2: I'm dying to know!

This is like the definition of vague posting... :rotfl2: I'm dying to know!

I posted it, and then I'm like ... that's terrible, I hope nobody calls me on it.

Anyway ... I like to give a certain amount of money to charity every month. Some months an organization or a cause really speaks to me, and some months I just don't know where to give my money. I was planning to do some donating last night, and I just couldn't figure out where I wanted to give.
I know, not knowing what to do with my extra money is a severe first world problem. Most people don't have money to spare. But I still want to give that money, and I hate that I don't know where to give it.
Which is why when @rteetz runs Dopey for charity I will be very much helping him hit his fundraising minimum. Because that's a really big win - I get to help a charity and I get to make sure Ryan gets some facepaint!

I entered to win a bib for the NYC Marathon because YOLO.

The Michelob Ultra thing? I saw that.
Not sure how I feel about you possibly skipping out on the "first marathon at WDW" club, but it would be cool if you ran NYC because then I could be there near the finish line to cheer you on (and scream really loud) as you finish.

---
A) I went to the NB RunHub. Bought a sports bra (different size than usual, so hopefully it works) and a pair of capris. I'm wearing the capris now to see if they're comfy (will do the same with the bra once my hair dries a little) ... there's an awkward key pocket on the side of the butt, but otherwise they seem okay.
B) The other day I ordered a Raw Threads mystery hoodie pack. I didn't want to talk about it because I was afraid I wouldn't like what I got. I was wrong to be afraid:
upload_2018-6-29_16-30-39.png
upload_2018-6-29_16-30-47.png
One of these is for Beth. I'm letting her pick because I love them both (she likes them both too ... it's gonna be tough).
C) I brought work home with me. I don't think I'll get to it today, which means Saturday night or not at all (or possibly next Friday after I get home). Today's meeting really threw my schedule off (as did the like 30 minutes I spent with one of my coworkers trying to figure out why I was having a certain issue). Whatever. It is what it is.

In 48 hours I'll be at Magic Kingdom!!!!!!!

Anyway ... I like to give a certain amount of money to charity every month. Some months an organization or a cause really speaks to me, and some months I just don't know where to give my money. I was planning to do some donating last night, and I just couldn't figure out where I wanted to give.
I know, not knowing what to do with my extra money is a severe first world problem. Most people don't have money to spare. But I still want to give that money, and I hate that I don't know where to give it.
Which is why when @rteetz runs Dopey for charity I will be very much helping him hit his fundraising minimum. Because that's a really big win - I get to help a charity and I get to make sure Ryan gets some facepaint!
I’ve honestly never looked into running for charity for runDisney.

Yeah I think I will look into it.

:)
If you can meet the fundraising minimum, it really is a win win - you get to race for free, and you get to help other people.
The problem is just raising the money. (I have no idea what fundraising minimums are for Dopey, but I'm going with a lot. But you'll be getting at least marathon registration from me, so that helps.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter