Life After Marathons: A Running/barre3/Coffee/Life Journal

:)
If you can meet the fundraising minimum, it really is a win win - you get to race for free, and you get to help other people.
The problem is just raising the money. (I have no idea what fundraising minimums are for Dopey, but I'm going with a lot. But you'll be getting at least marathon registration from me, so that helps.)
Yeah I definitely need to look into it more. I think I could raise the money. I was kind of thinking of saving running for charity for New York or Boston though.

The Michelob Ultra thing? I saw that.
Not sure how I feel about you possibly skipping out on the "first marathon at WDW" club, but it would be cool if you ran NYC because then I could be there near the finish line to cheer you on (and scream really loud) as you finish.
ACK! I KNOW! I doubt I'll get picked though, so we can carry on with our original plan.

P.S. LOVE THOSE SHIRTS OMG.

Yeah I definitely need to look into it more. I think I could raise the money. I was kind of thinking of saving running for charity for New York or Boston though.
I was thinking of doing charity for a Rock N Roll race this year. But shoot, Dopey might be a smarter idea. Haha.

You can pick three charities and run for all three - one for Dopey, one for NYC 2019 (which is the year the cool kids are doing NYC), and one for Boston 2020 (unless you want to do Boston 2019, but that's only a few months after Dopey)

ACK! I KNOW! I doubt I'll get picked though, so we can carry on with our original plan.

Whatever happens, we can make it work. I just might have to bring a sign to the NYC marathon that says "I can't believe running for beer is more important than sharing our first marathon experience" or something like that.

P.S. LOVE THOSE SHIRTS OMG.

!!!

I was thinking of doing charity for a Rock N Roll race this year. But shoot, Dopey might be a smarter idea. Haha.

Yeah, as expensive as the Rock N Roll races are (I gotta do one of those eventually...), Dopey's a little more expensive. Might make sense to fundraise for that :)

Less than 12 hours until my flight.

Here's what needs to get done:
1 - Blog! I need to finish tomorrow's blog post and schedule it to post around noonish
2 - Pack! Most of my stuff is set out on the extra mattress, but it needs to go into my suitcase. And I need to remember to take my stuff out of my work bag and put it in my travel bag.
3 - Figure out what water bottle I'm going to take. Not sure I want to schlep my somewhat-leaky 32oz bottle - I might end up taking something smaller.
4 - Work? (Not a necessity, but if I have time, there are some things I'd like to get done).
I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting. But whatever. I realized that other than a little shopping and obsessive searching for a Slinky Dog Dash FP+, I haven't been thinking about this trip much because I've been so swamped at work. So it'll be interesting

Here's what I've done so far tonight:
1 - Emailed my flight info to my parents
2 - Checked in for my flight (the seat next to me is still empty ... fingers crossed it stays that way)
3 - Figured out the ID situation (I didn't want to bring my passport, but I had to figure out if I had another ID that was TSA-approved - I do)

Running Update:
I think I'm finally past my hatred of running.
I was praying in the room with the treadmill, and I realized that I actually probably had time for 45 minutes to an hour on the treadmill today. I'm not gonna do it now because I'm already dressed and all that, but ... if I had gone on the treadmill when I first woke up, I would have been fine.
I wasn't expecting that thought, because lately running has been more of a chore than something I enjoy. I don't know if this was just because I'm not running today and my brain felt guilty or if I actually would have enjoyed the run. We'll see what happens Friday.

Okay, time to see if I can dig up a lipstick charger (or really anything portable that charges my phone, I don't care about the shape). I totally forgot about the whole "getting a good portable charger for the new phone" thing.

I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!
I may or may not post updates here, twitter, or instagram ... honestly, I wouldn't expect anything.

Left the house about 2 hours and 45 minutes before my flight. Hit some traffic and got to the terminal around 7:15ish (a little over 2 hours before my flight). Was through security around 7:45.
I could have left later, but on a Sunday morning, I figured better safe than sorry.

Awkward gate selfie with Beth's magicband:
Screenshot_20180701-080946_Gallery.jpg

Charging my lipstick charger now. Will start charging this in like 15 minutes. Boarding starts at 8:49.

Half an hour flight delay due to a late arriving flight.
Oh, B6.
Almost gate checked my bag, but I didnt know how it would work with DME (I have the tag, but wasnt sure of they get gate check luggage) and I didnt want to have to deal with the baggage carousel. (Also, I'm not packed to not have my luggage for hours)

Welcome to Florida, Sarah!!!!!

Rules for charities have changed this season, so you'll likely have to fundraise to include a two-night room AND a two-day parkhopper. IDK if they can waive the park ticket for an AP, but I know they WILL NOT waive the room requirement and you will be at Coronado Springs or Caribbean Beach.

Text me if you want to know more.

Welcome to Florida, Sarah!!!!!

Rules for charities have changed this season, so you'll likely have to fundraise to include a two-night room AND a two-day parkhopper. IDK if they can waive the park ticket for an AP, but I know they WILL NOT waive the room requirement and you will be at Coronado Springs or Caribbean Beach.

Text me if you want to know more.
Ok good to know.

Thanks!

Waited 20 minutes for Slinky Dog Dash. LOVED it!
In line for Alien swirling Saucers now.
... we were on a bus before 6 and at the park shortly after 6.

YAY!! Looking forward to giving Slinky Dog a try. No FP, but planning to get there at rope drop for early EMH. Have the best time!

How's All Star Sports been? I know it was something you were apprehensive about.

We've only spent about 7-8 hours there so far, but it's been okay. Not my favorite, but since we're not in the hotel that much, it works.

YAY!! Looking forward to giving Slinky Dog a try. No FP, but planning to get there at rope drop for early EMH. Have the best time!

EMH started at 7. We left the hotel on a 5:47 bus, got to the park around 6, were let in the turnstiles a little after 6:15, and they started walking us back to Toy Story Land around 6:48. We weren't the first ones in line and we weren't super pushy, and we still only waited around 20 minutes. If you can get everyone up and to the park around 6ish, you may be able to get through both slinky and aliens before the park opens to day guests (depending on how crowded things are, of course)
Thansk!

Also ... @jennamfeo @run.minnie.miles @rteetz (and anyone else who does mugs) ... have the Hollywood studios mugs always had alien or is that new?
Screenshot_20180702-105022_Gallery.jpg

EMH started at 7. We left the hotel on a 5:47 bus, got to the park around 6, were let in the turnstiles a little after 6:15, and they started walking us back to Toy Story Land around 6:48. We weren't the first ones in line and we weren't super pushy, and we still only waited around 20 minutes. If you can get everyone up and to the park around 6ish, you may be able to get through both slinky and aliens before the park opens to day guests (depending on how crowded things are, of course)

Great info. Thanks! I've already warned everyone that we will have a VERY early morning the day we go to DHS.

We've only spent about 7-8 hours there so far, but it's been okay. Not my favorite, but since we're not in the hotel that much, it works.

Thansk!

Also ... @jennamfeo @run.minnie.miles @rteetz (and anyone else who does mugs) ... have the Hollywood studios mugs always had alien or is that new?
View attachment 334433
Aliens started last year I believe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter