Linda's goal = Lose wt + 1/2 marathon 09(encouragement welcome)

Geeze woman....you are quite the workout machine!! Great job...that's really impressive. :thumbsup2 Keep up the great work and you'll be running some incredible splits in no time! You're already VERY fast...all that extra cardio is really paying off :).

Biking...walking...elliptical....all in one day!! geesh!! Nice work there Linda!

Keep up the good job and have a great weekend!

Hi Linda,

I am on WW, and we earn extra points for activity. Do you think you are hungry today because you spent the entire day exercising?:confused3 :rotfl:

Seriously, great job.

Have an awesome weekend,
Beth

Woke up this morning and it was foggy and a little balmy outside.Did not feel like I had it in me to run today.Had my coffee(3 cups),H2O(24 oz.)and my oatmeal.Did the laundry and went on the W.I.S.H. boards.At 9:20 I figured let's go see how I do. I decided not to add on distance but to see if I could improve my time.The way I felt I thought no way!
I ran my 3.7 miles in 37:41- I beat my time again, I was and still am shocked.Almost running a 10 min. mile-WooHoo!
This afternoon going for a walk, it is awesome out.
Linda

Linda -- you are AMAZING!!! Great job girl!! Wow!

Walked 5 miles this morning after breakfast and planned on running tomorrow am. Took a nap this afternoon then decided to go for a run. I thought I would try a different route to change things up a bit.This route I knew had some killer hills. Well I made it over the hills,not like lightening ,but I made it running not walking.I thought the route would have been at least 3 miles but it turned out to be only 2.8 when I drove it later.My time was 32:08,the hills killed me.Had Chinese food last night followed by a hot fugde sundae-oh the water retention!!!!!!!I have been drinking water like a fish today-no scale for a week now or the disappointment will come crashing in.

Thank's to everyone for the comments and support,it is great to know we are all working so hard for our goals.
Linda

Hi Linda :wave:

GREAT week of training for you! And please don't sweat the pace on the hills. You did awesome...and just remind yourself that "hills make us stronger". Honestly....hills may be your worst enemy during training BUT you will reap the benefits when you race. Running hills makes you stronger and faster :). So super effort!!! :thumbsup2 Oh...and just make sure you stretch extra long after running hills...they can play havoc on the hamstrings, quads and calves :).

Keep it up. You really are doing a fantastic job!

Great job on the run today linda!! Take care!

Thanks you guys!

I can't believe what a mess we are in right now! The belt on the treadmill continues to slide-we know how to fix that but then it started to make a horrible sound, we took it apart and found that the front roller bar plastic moved to the right rubbing on the wheel.So following the directions we took it apart to replace the roller bar(we have a new one)OMG!OMG!We are in a mess,my husband is ready to dump it-$600 treadmill!

Anyone know of an easier way or a chain that repairs them- I think we had Sears before but would like to eliminate the middle man if possible.

Help- Winter is coming, I need my treadmill!
Linda

Hi Linda! Just checking in. I've just read your journal! WOW! You have some major workouts!!! Good Job!!! Keep it up girl! Sorry to hear about your TM! I can't offer any suggestion on that though!

Have a great day!
Stacie

Hey, Linda. You are one exercising machine! Very inspiring to hear about that much activity each day and that you feel good about it! It helps us newbies to read stuff like that.

Sorry for your treadmill problem - I have no suggestions, but hope you are able to get it fixed without too much difficulty.

Have a good day!

Susan

Susan, sorry about your TM situation!! That's awful! Sending you some pixie dust to help ya!

Yesterday I went on the elliptical for 45 mins at 3.8-4.3 again increasing the level to 10 at 40mins and decreasing by 2 every min.Talk about a sweaty workout- Next time I want to start at level 10 at 35 mins and dec.every 2 mins.
After that(and a shower)I walked with a friend for about 4 miles and later in the afternoon I walked with another friend for about 3 miles-had to bring my dtr. to soccer practice.
At 7pm on FitTv I tried a core class with the exercise ball-that was tough when you are not used to it-then everyone came home so I will try that again next time.
Linda

Geez lady! You are a workout machine!!! You go girl!!! :thumbsup2 That is excellent! Keep up the good work!!!

Have a great day!
Stacie

PS. How's the TM coming along???

Today I ran 3.7 miles in 38:13:-)72)slower,and I thought I was moving. It is funny how some days I feel like a snail and I am doing good for time and today I was slower. I was running against the wind today,more than ever before.Maybe that is a difference????
After lunch we walked about 3 miles and tonight I plan on doing the elliptical during Biggest Loser if I can.
Eating good, no scale for now anyway.
Linda

Hi Linda,

Your exercise amazes me. Perhaps your slower run time was an indication that you need the rest day today? Seriously, woman, I am exhausted just reading your journal. Have a phenomenal rest day, you deserve it.

Take care,
Beth

I'm with Beth, Linda - I think you NEED a rest day. Good googly-moogly, how do you do that much exercise every day? I would be in ICU!!! Seriously, take your rest day and don't overdo it. If your body is not complaining, that's cool - but don't beat yourself up (literally) trying to gain speed. You don't want to have an injury (trust me, it's not fun!!).

:hug: Hope you have a good evening!

Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter