LIVE FROM THE 11/19 Turkeyday Magic....

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW
You guys still have this thread going?
I do not know why....
This is the 1st time signing in the DIS in Months
Me... well
I have lost 15lbs in the last month(feb17th)
I am working out with a Trainer, No cookies in, well... it's been a while in my calendar.

Today is Jeff's birthday, 17!
Well we went on another cruise this month, not exactly but i am spending the same amount of money
Remodeling family room and office
Hardwood floors, 37"LCD TV, redoing the fireplace, electric, and Contemporary Red Sectional, cabinets.
Upgrading all cable in my house, upgrading the Home Network

John

Its GREAT to hear from you John. Tell Jeff Happy Birthday from us. We really miss you guys. Keep us updated from time to time.

Hey John, good to hear from you! Congrats on the weight loss! I am in a constant battle with my pants size.

Yes, we have no life, so we keep posting here!

So, you may as well try and check in every once in a while and say hi.

Tell your family hello for me.

Willie

John, it's so good to hear from you!

Yes, can you believe we still have this thread going? Not only that, Doogierunner has begun a Thanksgiving 2007 thread, as it looks as if many of us (hopefully) from 2005 might reunite for another.

Please keep us posted. :earsgirl:

Priscilla

Willie, those are great pictures of Hayley! You must be so proud of her. So many teenage girls are 'wimps' (the way I was) about touching fish, (EWWW!) and doing things outdoorsey. :rotfl2: Good for her! :sunny:

BTW, after reading how you and Tonya used 'Cheeze Wiz' to attract the fish, Rob took some when he and Rachel snorkeled in Costa Maya. It worked great! It was kind of funny too. Rachel squirted some towards a big fish who was (sort of) avoiding her, then once he got a taste, he chased after her. :rotfl:

The Cheeze Wiz is a staple now, for snorkeling! :sunny:
Priscilla

Wow Guys
We miss everyone, and the BOAT!
It was a good time
Is anyone trying to do a weekend get together this year
We have POINTS and willing to Travel
HIlton Head would be nice(if you like golf and Dolphins)
I will speak before talking to Julia
YES, WE ARE IN FOR '07!
Who is in for '07?
If the Car Guys are out there
looks like i am ready for new tires agin on the Cobra(sigh)
John

John- Welcome back! Don't be a stranger!

Willie- Well, your Longhorns are now in the Elite Eight- the Gators need to do their part tonight.

Also, I wanted to share my fishing photo with you:

Here is yours:

efbfba80.jpg

Here is mine:

jaws.jpg

That baby really put up a fight! This fish is about the same size as the one that Kenny and Blackhawks Bill caught on Castaway Cay.

TCD

favoriteslave said:
Amen on the cheeze wiz. I won't snorkel without it. Thanks to Willie.

I wish I could say I was the inventor of the Cheese Wiz Snorkel Excusion, but I have to admit that Lampy put me onto that. After Doogies (and mine) problems putting chips and crackers in the swim trunk pockets, I was looking for an alternative that would keep the fish a little more distant from my uh, front pocket area.

Tonya, tell Trey, I am still feeling bad about tossing that Cheese Wiz that landed on his mask. Those fish nearly knocked his mask off of his face trying to get it. I had been tossing some over by him so that the fish would swarm him, but I did not mean to land it on his head. It was pretty funny, though. Almost as funny as Doogie trying to get those chips outta his pocket in 2004. Those big'ens were drilling his pocket! And general vicinity of his pocket! :thumbsup2

Oh yeah--- HOOK EM HORNS!
W

Hey All-

Another day in paradise here in Central Florida. :sunny:

The TCD kids are out of school on spring break next week. :cheer2:

I am heading out in a little bit to pack up the camper-because we are going to Disney World to camp at Ft. Wilderness for the week. pixiedust:

I have heard that there is now internet access available at the campsites, but I am not so sure about that. If not, I will be missing from this thread for a week. Keep an eye on it ya'll-we don't want it to disappear!

I'll be back.

Out.

TCD

Tri-circle-D said:
Hey All-

Another day in paradise here in Central Florida. :sunny:

The TCD kids are out of school on spring break next week. :cheer2:

I am heading out in a little bit to pack up the camper-because we are going to Disney World to camp at Ft. Wilderness for the week. pixiedust:

I have heard that there is now internet access available at the campsites, but I am not so sure about that. If not, I will be missing from this thread for a week. Keep an eye on it ya'll-we don't want it to disappear!

I'll be back.

Out.

TCD

Andrew, are you guys gonna have dinner at Hoop de Doo? Man, I love those ribs!
I have nevr stayed at Wilderness campground, but we stayed at Wilderness Lodge a couple of times, and rode bikes all around the campgrounds. Pretty cool looking place to camp.

Hey John--Welcome back!! We are booked for thanksgiving 2007!!

Willie-Great pictures of Hayley!! She is very brave!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Lisa

Willie - No hard feelings about the cheeze whiz. I thought it was funny :rotfl2: and everyone else seemed to enjoy the feeding frenzy! :woohoo: I wish someone would have caught you all with the chips in your pockets on video. Then we could have had the DCL crew put it up on the big screen!!

5J's - Welcome back! I was showing DD pics from the cruise and found myself saying, "that's John's butt, there's another pic of John's butt. . ." Not sure if I should be upset w/ DW for taking them?? Like you (all), Tonya & I have "verbally committed" to the 07 Turkey Cruise. As it stands right now, we may be able to put down the $$ the first of the summer.

Question to all - Tonya & I were talking about this (putting the $$ down this summer for the 07 Turkey Cruise) last night. What we were wondering is if we shouldn't wait until we are on the Turkey & Ham Sandwich Cruise (25 Nov-02 Dec 06) and get the "onboard" discount. Do the prices go up as the time to cruise draws neigh?

Thanks,
Trey :surfweb:

Trey said:
Willie - No hard feelings about the cheeze whiz. I thought it was funny :rotfl2: and everyone else seemed to enjoy the feeding frenzy! :woohoo: I wish someone would have caught you all with the chips in your pockets on video. Then we could have had the DCL crew put it up on the big screen!!

5J's - Welcome back! I was showing DD pics from the cruise and found myself saying, "that's John's butt, there's another pic of John's butt. . ." Not sure if I should be upset w/ DW for taking them?? Like you (all), Tonya & I have "verbally committed" to the 07 Turkey Cruise. As it stands right now, we may be able to put down the $$ the first of the summer.

Question to all - Tonya & I were talking about this (putting the $$ down this summer for the 07 Turkey Cruise) last night. What we were wondering is if we shouldn't wait until we are on the Turkey & Ham Sandwich Cruise (25 Nov-02 Dec 06) and get the "onboard" discount. Do the prices go up as the time to cruise draws neigh?

Thanks,
Trey :surfweb:

Hey all!!! Welcome back John and Julia!! Trey, most people cancell their origional ressies and re book if it works out better....Looks like everyone is on spring break!!!! Hey has anyone else recieved and e-mail from DCL regarding the mediteranian sailings? Looks like ressies will be available April 6th and a cat. 6 and 11 for the four of us looks like about 8k, but flights are around 800.00 a piece!!!! :crazy:

LAMPSKIES said:
Hey has anyone else recieved and e-mail from DCL regarding the mediteranian sailings? Looks like ressies will be available April 6th and a cat. 6 and 11 for the four of us looks like about 8k, but flights are around 800.00 a piece!!!! :crazy:

So Lampy, are you thinking of going on the Med? We're all hoping you'll still be available for Turkey Day 2007!

I can't convince Rob to go on the Med. Wants to 'spend more time than just a few hours at each port.' :rolleyes: I only want to unpack once. :guilty: He's also horrified at the prices. :scared1: (As if a European or Med. land vacation is going to be much less! :lmao: )

Trey, I suggest too, book now, and if you get a better deal onboard, let them change it for you.

I'm already looking forward to the '07 sailing! :Pinkbounc

I agree, I didn't like the Med prices. We could go on two 7-day'rs. I'd also like to try that other line (starts with an R). It's 2K less for us next spring break.

Verbally, we're commited to T-day 07. I've already told J we're not staying home next SB. The choices are cruise, St. Thomas or Hawaii. So far.. St. Thomas is winning. Check this out: http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/STTSB/main.wnt

Has anyone else stayed on STT? Got any recommendations?

-Doogie

Doogie, That Wyndam property looks really nice. I usually get the girls their own room when we travel, but most of the all inclusive places make that high as heck. I have always wanted to do an AI resort sometime, though.

W

EDITED TO ADD- Oh yes, Doogs, I always recommend reading the traveler reviews at TripAdvisor.com when looking at a new place to visit. There is usually some good info there! There were mixed reports about Wyndam Sugar Bay.

Hey Doogie....isn't that property the on that the planes fly right over the beach?

Doogie, I was all excited about the RCCL I've booked for next springbreak (March 17th,) until I saw that St. Thomas link! St. Thomas is our favorite port of the eastern, (which is one of the major reasons we booked this cruise) but we've always regretted not having enough time there. I might wait a couple of weeks when availability opens on the AAVacations website, as I know they USED to have a nonstop from DFW to STT. They have AI as well, but it's midweek-midweek as of now. :confused3

Rob and Rachel loved the rock-climbing, basketball and mini-golf on RCCL though. (But it looks as if there's plenty to do at that resort too! Wait until he sees this!) He'd be relieved too, to not pack as many clothes! (Even though I love having the excuse to buy more clothes for cruising. :rotfl2: ) I still wonder, if I'd look longingly at the docks with the cruise ships? :guilty: The one we've booked on the Voyager goes to Nassau, St Thomas, San Juan and Labadee. I'm skeptical about Labadee though. :scratchin

Happy to see so many of us are verbally agreeing to Thanksgiving 07! :Pinkbounc

MickeyHugger,

STT is our favorite also. Not to bash the Western, but the eastern is much prettier with the "mountians". Gotta add, we love the company on the westerns! :cool1:

Lamps, the hotel that the planes fly over is on St. Martin. Since you're doing the Eastern after T-day this year, look this guy up www.offshoresunsations.com . We did it 3 years ago and it was the best excursion we've ever been on. Click on testimonials... July 2003 you'll see yours truely. Answer me a question... take a peek at Teri from Dallas. Do you think those are REAL? :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter