Loews member upgrade

for some reason, the countdown time shows up when I pre-view it, but not here????

wendypooh,

If you followed the instructions and it's still not posting correctly, go to the Tech forum and ask one of the tech moderators to help you out.

Originally posted by >>^..^<<
Hi I have the blue card ~ is there anything to upgrade to from my club level room? >>^..^<<

Cassie,

We were upgraded from club level to a kidsuite w/ club privledges.

Since you are paying full price, just ask.

Not sure if this still applies but when we went in Aug 01, the Entertainment Rate did not qualify for upgrades and we didn't get one. Don't remember getting the welcome milk and cookies, etc. either. Does anyone know if this is still the policy. There was some wording at the time in the Lowe's policy that said group rates didn't qualify - and they considered the EB a group rate.

packy,

It seems as though upgrades with the Entertainment rate have been hit or miss, depending on time of year, occupancy level of the resorts and even whoever happens to check you in!

Now that Loews has new policies for member benefits, it will be interesting to see how upgrades are handled. It never hurts to ask though!

Just booked a standard room at HRH for $224.00+tax over NYE (2 nights) with AAA discount. I booked thru Loews, and because I am a gold member, was given an upgrade to CLUB level for the same price! We are so excited, stayed at club level last July 4th and we loved it. The agent double checked everything, and said that AAA was just about the only discounted room that they could give an automatic up-grade at booking to. I had called the Universal line at first, and was told no up-grades unless you pay "rack rate", so it pays to call Loews.
Murphy

I booked our room at the RPH, on July 2. I got the ent. rate of 110.00 a night, and they asked for my loews member # and what perks we'd like. They said that we'd get them in our room when we arrive. So, I don't know if something has changed or not, as this is our first time staying, but that's what I was told.

just got home stayed at hrh, I didn't get any lowes benefits said not with ent rate not even 2 nights of stay credit on my lowes card, gave me a paper that said any discount doesn't get lowes benefits, I was told this by robert and rosalinda 7/28-7/30. I was ther at xmas on ent rate and got all benefits.no teen pack either

Sorry to hear that you didn't receive any of the Loews perks. It seems (from reading other posts) that this is still hit or miss, depending on who you get at check in.

I returned last week from RPR. I had a standard view room at the Ent. Rate of $110. I and Loews Gold, but could not upgrade because I had booked at the Ent. Rate. I received a nice bottle of Chardonnay (waiting in my room, didn't have to ask) and my son received the teen backpack.

I enjoyed the RPR very much. I would definitely stay there again -- we have also stayed at PBH and HRH.

it appears to depend on who checks you in as to what benefits you get. i have always booked through discount (fan, ent, aph) and always receive "most" of the perks. sometimes it's just the newspaper and they forget the wine. other times it's the cookies and milk, but they don't have upgrades. you never know. but, i haven't been charged parking in the last three stays at pb or rp.

Originally posted by Maria395712
I was told this by robert and rosalinda 7/28-7/30. I was ther at xmas on ent rate and got all benefits.no teen pack either

I wonder if they are enforcing the rules. When we were there in late May, Robert checked us in and upgraded our room from standard to pool view. I had an ent. rate of $125.

My son and I checked into the HRH July 21-25 paying $135 ent. rate for a pool view . We were upgraded into club level and received the welcome gift on our second night there. We are now spoiled by getting the club level. The upgrade was a welcome surprise because the airlines had lost our luggage and I needed some pampering.

How much extra did you have to pay for club level??? Just wondering...... also, were they not very busy??? Thanks

We didn't pay any extra for the club level and I didn't even have a chance to ask for the upgrade,it was offered right away. I really don't know if they were very busy or not but it was July 21-25 so I assume they would be busy at that time. I was so pleasantly surprised and grateful. We checked in at 7pm so I don't know if that had anything to do with us getting an upgrade or not. We also received the newspaper every morning and turn down service. We are so spoiled now!

WOW.........I don't know that I've ever heard of anyone getting it "free"! I'm hoping some star is shining on us and we get the upgrade....... I guess it's hit and miss......... but I won't get my hopes up. It would be nice though!;) with 3 boys....... the club level would REALLY be good!!!!!

I had already booked my vacation before I learned about the card through your boards.

When I called to give them my number - they basically said I'm out of luck for any of the benefits as I didn't give them my number when I booked.

I don't get to travel very often and I really want this trip to be special for my son's 13th birthday.

So far, I've not been impressed with the assistance I've received from Universal. I had to request a reservation confirmation for a second time - still haven't received anything. Every time I called to ask for pricing - they gave me different rates for the same packages (sometimes ranging $200.00 in difference).

Have I made a mistake?

Myrtle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter