Loews member upgrade

myrtle, if I'm understanding your post correctly, you booked your stay, then told them you were a loews member..... and they said you get no perks? I did the same thing, booked, then called back and changed my resv. to the ent. rate, and gave them my loews number. With the loews membership..... blue level like me, you get some perks..... like the newspaper each day, milk and cookies or wine and nuts....... and a room upgrade upon arrival if one is avail. If you are talking about getting a cheaper room......... that is NOT something being a loews member gets you. What you need to do to get a cheaper rate would be to get an entertainment rate.......... or if you are an AP holder, ask for that rate, or the fan club rate........ there are many many post on here on these subjects......... BUT, if I were you, I'd keep calling and be persistant about the loews "perks"..... you are supposedly entitled to those for being a loews member. I'm sure others will help you......... and reply to any ??'s you have. Good Luck.

Universal sent me so many confirmations it was silly! I mean every week I would be getting one and would be panicking that something had changed or something was wrong.. but nope.. the same one over and over. :p I booked last January and I have recieved about a dozen copies.

As for upgrades... perhaps dtk'smom was upgraded because she was one adult alone with her son.. they might think twice about upgrading wendypooh's horde of hungry boys :)

But good luck Wendy,

>>^..^<<

Well if you think 2 teenagers and a 3 year old are a "horde" then I guess you may be right!!! As stated....... I'm not holding my breath about it!!!! But, stranger things have been known to happen....... I've read some of your trip reports!!! ;)

LOL Wendy.. yup I think the official definition of the word "Horde" is 3 boys.. LOL

Hey I just noticed you leave the day before I arrive (Aug 16th) thats too bad my 10 year old girl is boy crazy these days. (scaring me)

If you have read my trip reports you will see that I leave nothing up to chance... if I want club level, I book it, if I want concierge, I book it.. I have lost faith in the *hoping* for an upgrade way of thinking... but I sure hope it works for you!

Have fun

>>^..^<<

BUT, if I were you, I'd keep calling and be persistant about the loews "perks"..... you are supposedly entitled to those for being a loews member.
According to the new Loews First program guidelines, you're "entitled" to the perks only if you book at a Loews First published rate.

I believe this is where they "get" you as Fan Club and Entertainment rates are not Loews published rates. However, it seems that it's still a hit or miss, depending on who you get at check-in.

Good luck Wendy! Although it's not a Disney resort, I'm sending some schmoozing pixie dust your way!
:)

My reply was to myrtle's post............ "supposedly" being the operative word here...... NO, I didn't realize it stated that, I must've missed it on thier website when I read it, granted that was probably a month ago!!!
and YES, while I would like to be upgraded.........who wouldn't, I'm NOT counting on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And, I too have read that many, many, many people do still get the "perks" even if they are booked at the ent. rate........... again, in reply to myrtle's post. Frankly, if we get the paper or not......... I could care less, but I was asked when I booked our room, what perks we'd like upon arrival.......... and they knew full well I booked at the ent. rate???? So, I guess we'll just have to see.

and casshew............. yep, what a shame we won't be there at the same time..........I'm sure it would be a blast!! I have to agree with you, if your daughter is interested in TEENAGE boys at her age, you should be worried!!!!! LOL I know I would be!!!!:D

Have a great time and I look forward to reading your next trip report!!!;)

Hi wendy,

I hope my post didn't sound rude, as I wasn't trying to be.

That info I quoted was from the Loews First pamphlet I got when they changed the program in June; it's not on the website (although it should be).

You're right though: Who wouldn't want a free upgrade?

Good luck and have a great time!

Wendypooh.. well mostly she is interested in Princes, marrying one and living in a castle... I'll take that over teeage boys anyday!

>>^..^<<

Let me tell you what happened to us in April at WDW, which we all LOVE, but let's be honest---the stingiest of the Grinchiest!!! LOL!!!

Checked in at Contemporary with my parents (7 people), two standard rooms in NGW through Shades of Green (read: under $90 each!) Girl at check-in gets VERY weird expression on her face, and I immediately panic and become defensive. After calling another person over, then conferring with her manager---during which time at 10:00 pm after flying cross-country, stopping in Phoenix to get my parents I'm not terribly pleasant---she comes back out.

We had been assigned a TWO-BEDROOM SUITE instead of two standard rooms. We took the keys and ran like hell before they could change their minds!!!!!!!!! It was unbelievable, with a kitchenette area, two entracnes, two balconies, turn-down service, and two sitting areas!

The morale of my story is this: If it could happen to ME at WDW of all places, it could happen to ANYBODY especially at UO!!!!!!

Patti <---I don't even dream of Club level. I just want my milk and cookies!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys!

First of all - thanks for all of your help! I'm not expecting an up-grade; but, milk and cookies would be nice. (I have a feeling I'd prefer the bottle of wine if I make it through all of this!).

I called Royal Pacific directly. They accepted my Loew's number and said "no problem"! Apparently, whoever I booked with gave me the Florida resident rate of $103.00 per night for a standard room. At this point, I don't intend to complain about anything!

The people I've spoken with at the hotel are much more open and informative than the people I've spoken with to make package reservations!

Wendypooh - I have a son of my own. I always wanted four but I'm sure God knew what he was doing when he only gave me one. Wouldn't trade the experience for anything. Hope you all have a wonderful time!

Hi Myrtel,
I was blessed enough to have 3............ and I wouldn't trade them for anything............ and frankly, I think they are all 3 KINGS........ forget the prince thing!! LOL My sister has 4 girls..... and there is NO way I'd trade!!!!
I too have had better luck when dealing with the hotel directly, they seem to be easier to deal with!! And again, I think it really does depend on who checks you in, some know more than others! I hope you do get all your "perks"!! and I hope we do too!! Have a wonderful time!! It is great the rate you got......... I wouldn't complain either!!!

WOW, Patti......... I doubt I could ever get that lucky....... but, I know it made for a great trip!!! I hope you guys have a great time, and I look forward to hearing about it when you get back!!!! Too bad we'll miss each other......... You guys sound great!!

JOC........ NO, I'm just having a very stressful day......... it is really the last day I have to get everything done before we leave on thursday, since we work the next 3 days.......... So, if I sound a little bit "snippy" I'm just stressing................:( As always, I just try to give reply's from what I know or have read........ and I didn't know about Loews changing things........ since it isn't on the website, and I didn't get anything in the mail.......... you know how it goes. I'm sure everyone appreciates correct info........ I know I do! So, please ignore my response..... I didn't mean to offend you either!!! :D ;)

For those that have noticed a difference when calling the hotel direct to call the 800 reservation # you are right!! From past experience I know whatever we are told when calling 800# is NOT what actually happens once we check in. At all 3 hotels they have always bent over backwards to try and fulfill all our requests and if they can they do.

I know this new policy has changed things but it is still dependant on that person that checks you in. So arrive with a BIG smile and ask...the worst that can happen is you get a great room at a great rate in a great hotel!

So here is to everyone having a terrific trip and wishing you all luck with any and all requests! :)

Wendy, I have a pair of Kings too! ;)

I guess it is hit or miss with the 800 number. When I called the 800 number to make HRH ressies for AugustI had someone who was great - and helpful. I didn't have my Lowes card with me when I called. She offered to try and find my number and did try to look it up but couldn't find it. She still asked me what paper I wanted and what welcome gift I wanted and she said I could call back with the number, which I did the next day. She also asked if I wanted an email or paper confirmation. I said email and think I got it within a few hours.

OK I read the link that was posted. I noticed something, however.

I am reading on the posts that people are not getting ANY of the perks because they are booking with the Entertainment rate. The only things to which "qualified" stays apply are receiving the miles, and what it takes to get up to gold status.

For example it says:
500 American Airlines® AAdvantage® Miles or 500 Amtrak Guest Rewards® Points or 500 Midwest MilesSM per qualified^ stay.*

Members with 3 qualified^ stays or 6 nights will be automatically upgraded to LoewsFirst Gold. The upgraded benefits of LoewsFirst Gold include................

Then on the bottom it says:

^ A qualified stay is any published rate. Group, negotiated, third party and advanced purchase rates do not apply. Not valid with any other discount program, coupon, complimentary or promotional offer.
* Miles will be awarded once per stay.
** Suite upgrades are applicable to certain suite types only and subject to availability of those suites.

It does not say that in order to receive the perks you have to have a qualified reservation. It says in order to get to the status of gold or platinum

But then when you get to the "Rules and Regulations" it says,
"LoewsFirst benefits and mileage or points awards are based upon completion of a qualifying stay at any Loews Hotel. A qualifying stay is any rate published by the hotel. Group, negotiated, third party and advanced purchase rates do not apply. Not valid with any other discount program, coupon, complimentary or promotional offer."

It is their adding the word "benefit" that is catch.

The wording is kinda misleading. It also allows them to be flexible in bending the rules when they want to.

What do you think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter