• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Loews member upgrade

wendypooh

Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
Hi, I know with the loews member card you are suppose to get a room upgrade when you check in if it is available. Could someone tell me what the means exactly. Is the room bigger???? I have a standard 2 queen room booked. Is the upgrade to the same room with a view???? What do any of you think the odds are on upgrading to club level in aug. (11-15). I've seen many post where people have been offered the upgrade to club level for 35.00........ I'm hoping that happens............. but how likely is it really?????? Thanks!!

Loews First recently changed their benefit program; here's the link:

http://146.145.111.218/loewsfirst.asp

If you have a standard room booked, the next level upgrade would normally be to a pool view or water view.

wendy we are going from august 16-20 for the first time also.we have the same garden view booked and were wondering about a loews upgrade too.i'm hoping that it isn't busy that week and we get a pool view upgrade.keep your fingers crossed

We're arriving on a Thursday in August, so we're crossing our fingers to beat the weekenders and score an upgrade! LOL!!

Patti

We will be there the 11-15th. So the day we check in is a monday. I just talked to my aunt who lives down there and she said school started on the 11th!!!!!!!!! So, that may be a blessing for all of us going in aug. I did also hear that the first week in aug. is really crowded, so maybe it'll be over when we get there. I'm just counting down the days............. :bounce: :Pinkbounc :smooth: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :jester: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :smooth: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :jester: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :smooth: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :jester: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :smooth:

The benefits did change...although Portofino isn't ready with the new room treats at check in...they are still only offering from the old list.

You also do not get any room upgrades unless you booked at a regular loews published rate. No upgrades for booking with entertainment rate, etc.

...and it's hit or miss on getting the old list goodie. We just got back from Portofino (7/4 - 7/6) and did not receive our wine. However, the kids did get grade A cups (and used them at numerous soda fountains around the hotel) and did get milk and cookies. Pretty good cookies too.

Hi ~ I am paying full rate ~ no discounts ~ full internet package rate for a club room for 6 nights at Hard Rock ($2700.00)

I have the blue card ~ is there anything to upgrade to from my club level room? I have requested a poolview but that is not guaranteed just wondering what else is on the club level floor besides the regular rooms?

Thanx,

>>^..^<<

I'm sorry but I could not leave this post alone. Why in the world would you pay 450 a night for the HRH? I just don't understand that concept? I mean is the the only deal you could find? Can you change your dates by a night? I would NEVER pay that to stay at the HRH. There are way to many deals to be had to pay that kind of money. I'm sure you don't have to get ripped like that unless your just happy with your package you got. My goodness have you priced this out separately? I hope you have a great trip and i hope this is a good deal for what you got just wanted to say that that's an alarming amount of money to pay for a great vacation that could be had for so much less with the same hotel.

Hi there ~ basically to make a long story short - it was a gift.

A Christmas gift of a trip anywhere ~ we booked it online Christmas Morning and paid in full immediately on credit card.

Besides the hotel, park tickets and club level there are also meals booked with their "dining experience"
6 meals that can be used at any of the restaurants in the parks and City Walk.

Later, when I heard of hotel kingdom etc... I didn't want to get into canceling with universal vacations . getting a full refund - that takes 6 weeks to process - rebooking the hotel then buying tickets separately then having to buy meals locally as they are not included anymore - so I just left it the way it was.

I think it was a savings of about 900.00 to cancel and rebook the cheaper way - not including the 6 meals meals -but the gift giver said - leave it the way it is!

Thanx Party of 6 ~ I appreciate your concern ~ if it makes you feel any better the Disney part of my trip was an amazing deal - Concierge at the Beach Club dropped from 4000.00 to 2400.00 on the Fairy Tale Package and I got Canadian at Par on the AKL Concierge part - it went from 1209.00 to 744.00!

This is an amazing 16 night holiday!

>>^..^<<

I have done a similar thing,, booked with Universal's vacations on their website,,and am paying full price for 3 nights club level at the RPR. I too have a blue loews card. Will they do an upgrade for this? Will be happy regardless I am sure :)

I made a reservation at Royal Pacific for an Executive King Suite at the rate of $279. I was told this was an Entertainment Rate. I then checked the Universal Orlando website and they have a rate schedule there and guess what, the regular price of that room is $279. I called back today to tell them to change the reservation from the Entertainment Rate of $279 to the published rate of $279. I am Loews Gold and I also have a postcard for a free upgrade if available at check-in. I don't want them to tell me I can't have my perks or my possible upgrade because I have Entertainment rate. Now, I have a published rate and we'll see what happens.

It would be nice to be upgraded to Club Level.

I will keep my fingers crossed.

In 2001 we were upgraded from a garden view to a pool view at the hrh...It was late at night and he saw my loews card and checked on his own and told me I was in luck...Entertainment rate.

Rules have recently changed concerning Loews First and that is why I want the published rate instead of the Ent. Rate (since they are identical). I was at Portofino Bay last year and received my perks, but I am concerned this year since the rules changed June 1st.

Hi, I booked my room at the RP on July 2nd. I am also a loews first member..... using the ent. rate. They asked me for my # and my choice of "perks", which they said would be given to us on arrival. So, I'm guessing that they still do it, no matter what discount rate you may use. Our stay is aug. 11-15th. Anyway, this is what I was told when I made the resv.

I booked my HRH week (7/30-8/7) in Feb and did not know of Lowes First.

My Rate for 7 nights HRH Pool View is $2432
but that includes Daytona Tour, Insurance, taxes, Meal/WetnWild, Movie Pass, CityWalk Party Pass (didnt necessarilly want it but they included it) and length of stay park pass.

The Hotel only part is $1770 or $253/night

LowesFirst has pool view for $249 (for week in Aug-for comparison) Garden View is $219 but no guarantee of upgrade and we want a pool view.

I should have made the reservation thru Lowesfirst but I wasnt a member (til I joined this board last month).

The bad part is that since I booked (in Feb) the US Vacations rate actually went down from $2432 to $2378 and will not give a refund for the difference-a really good reason not to book with them.

Now being a member of LowesFIrst I should get the newspaper, gift, fitness center and maybe, maybe an upgrade room at check-in?

Being as I have stayed 14 nights (21 after this trip at HRH) I would after this trip(If I joined in 2001) be a platinum member but such is life.

Bob G

HRH 07/2001
HRH 07/2002
HRH (07/30-08/07 2003)

I should have made the reservation thru Lowesfirst but I wasnt a member (til I joined this board last month).
You don't have to be a Loews First member in order to book reservations through Loews.

Also, for your next visit, you should try pricing everything separately as it usually comes out cheaper. Other room discounts you can ask for include AP, Fan Club and Entertainment rates.

Have fun on your trip!

Joc........... how do you add that counter to your post???? Just as a side note......... I had what I think is every discount type you can try to use........ AP/ Military/Fan Club/Ent. Card............. The ent. rate was by far the BEST I found......... our room is 110 a night at RPH. I would encourage anyone to use your advice and price EVERYTHING out seperatly.......... It is worth it!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter