LURKYLOO's Wedding Trippie: Morocco/Attic/Lower UK: Wedding Album + Gown Preservation

I'm curious. what are you disneyWORLD (not land) favorites?

favorite ride
favorite food
favorite music
favorite secret corner
etc, etc

Ooh! Ooh! This is fun! OK, let' see...

Fave ride: Oh man, I can't believe I'm saying this, but... Haunted Mansion! Even though Disneyland's Haunted Mansion is my fave ride there, I just love the new stuff at the MK version!

Fave food: That's like asking me who my favorite child is! I guess I'll have to go with our best meal, which was the sturgeon at Jiko, but that peanut-butter-chocolate cake at the Land comes close, as do Ghirardelli sundaes, the pork loin at the Brown Derby, No Way Joses at Beaches & Cream, steak at CA Grill/Artist Point/Yachtsman/etc., Cheetos... the list is endless!

Favorite music: Hearing the music they play on Main Street instantly transports me to the Magic Kingdom, but I'm going to have to go with the old Peoplemover Song...

Favorite Secret Corner: The Carousel of Progress :rotfl: OK, for reals? The semi-secret fireplace sitting area on the third or fourth floor of the Wilderness Lodge, directly above the entrance and looking out over the lobby.

:thumbsup2

I'm not a big fan of the park formerly known as MGM either. The only reason we end up there is the Star Wars ride, Muppets 3D and Fantasmic. My 11 yr old loves the Movie Ride:headache: . DH thinks Fantasmic is better than Wishes and Illuminations.:headache:. The 6yr old could ride Star Tours all day.:headache:. He also talked about the stunt car show for about a month after we saw it. Luckily we have only sat through that once! :thumbsup2

I think your review of the Brown Derby is one of the few positive ones I've read. We had a "chain" version of the Brown Derby in Cleveland when I was a kid, so I think I may pencil it in on one of our upcoming trips instead of Mama
Melrose.

And yes you can walk back to BCV faster than taking a boat from DHS after Fantasmic.

MGM is a bit of a disappointment but I love TOT and the Beauty and the Beast Show, well Four for a Dollar are the best bit actually so I will always pay it a visit. I prefer Disneyland Fantasmic as well.

Ooh! Ooh! This is fun! OK, let' see...

Favorite music: Hearing the music they play on Main Street instantly transports me to the Magic Kingdom, but I'm going to have to go with the old Peoplemover Song...

:thumbsup2

my favorite food is a classic: chocolate chip cookies on main street, caseys corner hotdogs and anything at starlight ray's cafe. just because i love eating in space.

and there are so many little magic nooks and crannies at disney.

ps. did you guys come across the talking trash can?

Carrie,

I should have said this ages ago but I've been too busy enjoying your TR! :surfweb: :banana: You and Patrick are a magical couple and I can tell that you are truly in love. :lovestruc

Your wedding was the most beautiful wedding I have ever seen. I just goes to show, you do don't need to go all out and over-the-top to have a great wedding. The most important thing is to do something that reflects you both and most importantlt to have fun with your loved ones! I think you guys did that in bucket loads! :dance3:

I hope you are both very happy together for many years to come :hug:

I'm not a big fan of the park formerly known as MGM either. The only reason we end up there is the Star Wars ride, Muppets 3D and Fantasmic. My 11 yr old loves the Movie Ride:headache: . DH thinks Fantasmic is better than Wishes and Illuminations.:headache:. The 6yr old could ride Star Tours all day.:headache:. He also talked about the stunt car show for about a month after we saw it. Luckily we have only sat through that once! :thumbsup2

:rotfl:

I think your review of the Brown Derby is one of the few positive ones I've read.

That's really interesting, because I usually agree with most of the negative reviews on the Boards... although I eventually stopped reading restaurant reviews on the DIS because it seems like there's always an equal number of positive and negative reviews for every restuarant (except Captain Jack's @ DD :lmao:), so you really just have to try each place for yourself!

MGM is a bit of a disappointment but I love TOT

Yes - Florida's TOT is clearly superior! :thumbsup2

my favorite food is a classic: chocolate chip cookies on main street, caseys corner hotdogs and anything at starlight ray's cafe. just because i love eating in space.

:rotfl2:

If we did see the talking trashcan, we didn't notice - we couldn't get outta Tomorrowland fast enough... :cutie:

Your wedding was the most beautiful wedding I have ever seen. I just goes to show, you do don't need to go all out and over-the-top to have a great wedding. The most important thing is to do something that reflects you both and most importantlt to have fun with your loved ones! I think you guys did that in bucket loads! :dance3: I hope you are both very happy together for many years to come :hug:

WOW! What a sweet thing to say - thank you for your kind words! :hug:

LurkyLoo, you need to write a book! I feel like I've spent most of the evening reading your TR. You've made me laugh, cry, and feel like I was right there with you!

Have you gotten your video back from StarFruit yet?

I just realized I haven't posted yet in your TR...but I've been reading it religiously! I love everything you did...if I was getting married in WDW I would definitely do it in Epcot and your pics really show what a great choice Morocco is! Obviously the Roots are awesome, but you and your DF's energy and creativity really show through in everything! I'm glad you had such a great wedding and honeymoon and thanks for posting all the pics!

PS Did your hipster friends ever venture downtown? ;)

Have you gotten your video back from StarFruit yet?

No, and it's starting to bug me.... The contract said we'd get it a month after the wedding, but we told her she could have extra time because we wanted to add in some pictures of my mom, which meant we had to scan and email them to her. Well in a few days it will be two months, and our at-home reception is coming up in about three weeks, so I'm getting antsy.... I'll definitely post here when she puts our demo reel online!

I just realized I haven't posted yet in your TR...but I've been reading it religiously! I love everything you did...if I was getting married in WDW I would definitely do it in Epcot and your pics really show what a great choice Morocco is! Obviously the Roots are awesome, but you and your DF's energy and creativity really show through in everything! I'm glad you had such a great wedding and honeymoon and thanks for posting all the pics!

PS Did your hipster friends ever venture downtown? ;)

Gee, thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying the trippie!

And yes, I believe our hipster friends did go downtown Saturday night. What is even more amazing - they fell in love with Celebration and went twice, and they decided to spend a day in Epcot and had a blast! I was so happy that they ended up having a great time!

Day 8

The plan for Tuesday was to meet our wedding photographers at the Market Street Cafe in Celebration for brunch. Unfortunately, Jensey got really sick a few days before (and then Nathan got sick a few days later) so we couldn’t meet up. We were really bummed because we had been looking forward to actually having a conversation instead of just striking poses for them! We’d also been looking forward to exploring Celebration, which we’d never seen before, so we decided to go anyway.

Now, just to show you what dorks we are, we wore our bride and groom mouse ears off property to Celebration! We figured it was prolly the only non-Disney place in the world that we could get away with it, and we got lots of nice congratulations. Our brunch at the Market Street Cafe was really good. I think DH had an omelet, and I had chocolate chip pancakes and bacon. We didn’t have room, but I insisted that we split a piece of coconut cream pie for dessert (yes, we had dessert with our breakfast – it was our honeymoon!). It was A-friggin-mazing!

Sorry there are no pictures. I’m not sure why we didn’t take any (oh wait – maybe b/c originally we were gonna let Nathan & Jensey do all the work!). So I borrowed some from the Internets for you...

Market Street Cafe
market-street-cafe.jpg

Not actual Market Street Cafe coconut cream pie, but just as tasty-looking!
Coconutcreampie.jpg

After brunch we waddled around Celebration’s lake, where we found this disturbing sign...
alligatorssign.jpg

So... there are alligators in Celebration’s lake? Then we sneaked into the residents-only recreation center at the park (not worth the jail time, let me tell ya!) and stopped at the fountain.

Celebrationfountain.jpg

We struck up a conversation with a family there, and it turned out the dad not only works at Epcot in special events, but he knows our wedding planner! AND he told us they’d just done a scuba wedding in the Living Seas tank! (And our WP thought our wedding was unusual?!). Across the street, next to the movie theater, I discovered the combo fudge/ice cream shop Kilwin’s – be still, my beating heart! Unfortunately, I was too stuffed full of pancakes, pie, etc. to partake, but I vowed to return before we left Florida. It started to rain, so we ducked into these shops...

shopsCelebration.jpg

With the rain, we were glad we’d not gone out to the parks to take pictures with the Roots (although it would have been great weather for this “trash the dress” thing all wedding photographers seem to be really into!).

Next we decided to play miniature golf at Winter Summerland. I wore my screaming yellow poncho, which amused DH to no end.

That yellow blob is me in my foxy poncho!
IMG_5706.jpg

The kind gentleman working the register gave us a free round of golf for being newlyweds, so we decided to try the winter course and the summer course. The theming was great, but it seemed like a lot of the effects weren’t working on the winter side.

IMG_5704.jpg

IMG_5707.jpg

IMG_5712.jpg

IMG_5714.jpg

Not only did we get the one round free, we also got free Mickey golf balls AND I won both games – hooray! We (OK, I) decided that the loser of the first round had to buy the winner a souvenir, and the winner of the second round had to buy the loser a souvenir, so that meant we each owed each other a prize.

Next up: resort hopping! We started with Coronado Springs cuz it was closest. I was really surprised – I’d always assumed it would be my least favorite Moderate b/c I thought it would be all rocks and dirt and the occasional cactus. But the grounds were quite lush, and the common areas were a lot nicer and a lot less like Taco Bell than I’d imagined. DH was fascinated by the pool...

IMG_5717.jpg

Next we hit Caribbean Beach Resort. Our aunt and uncle honeymooned in Jamaica, and after staying at CBR for our wedding, they declared it very authentic. When I started planning my first trip to WDW as an adult (eight years ago!!), I thought I wanted to stay at CBR, but today, after seeing the food court, I decided another of the Moderates would be my favorite. (Every resort we went to, DH wanted to see the pool and I wanted to see the restaurant/food court). The pool was being rehabbed...

IMG_5719.jpg

We’d seen Old Key West when we met my family there at Olivia’s, but we drove around the grounds a bit to get a feel for it in daylight. Then we went to Port Orleans French Quarter, the Moderate I thought would be my favorite. I was kind of surprised to find I didn’t care for the theming at all. I must’ve thought it would look more like New Orleans Square at Disneyland, but it seemed a lot less detailed and more generic... and kinda ’80s, somehow!

IMG_5723.jpg

Now, I thought I’d heard you could get pralines at the food court at POFQ, but nobody knew what I was talking about. So we had beignets and Cheetos (I know – what was up with that? I never eat Cheetos! I think I was turning into a duck...) Talk about messy! I was covered in white powdered sugar and fluorescent orange powdered cheese!

IMG_5725.jpg

Look who’s wearing a doofy poncho NOW!
IMG_5729.jpg

After DH’s narrow escape from the jaws of an alligator, we got in the car and headed for Port Orleans Riverside. I suppose it would be a crummy place to stay if you had to walk everywhere, but we both fell in love with the theming. It seemed much more Disney than the New Orleans-esque overlay feeling of POFQ.

IMG_5732.jpg

IMG_5731.jpg

We went out back to the water wheel and dashed to the pool through a downpour. While DH explored the pool in the rain, I hung out on the porch of the pool bar, which felt even more quaint and Southern with the rain tapping on the roof. We found our prizes in the POR gift shop – a box of WDW stickers for DH (they were cool – like mini attraction posters and vintage characters and stuff!) and an anime version of Eeyore on a key chain for me. No pix – d’oh!

Next we tried to see Ft. Wilderness but were thwarted by the transportation system there – I hadn’t realized that they make you leave your car and take their internal bus system to get around. This made me grumpy, so we drove straight to Wilderness Lodge, where our dinner reservations were. It was a good thing, too, because it started pouring again as soon as we got inside. Our Artist Point reservation was for 8:30 pm (the only time I could get when I had to rejigger our schedule due to fireworks changes about a month before we left). But they took us at 5pm right when they opened, and we got a lovely seat right by the window.

Our meal was amazing. (Sorry we don’t have pix – I think today was the day we got tired of all the picture taking.) We split the mushroom soup and the salmon, which DH raved about. Afterward we got free berry cobbler for being newlyweds! DH got to eat it all by himself because I don’t like fruit. For my dessert I later decided to try the ginormous brownie they sell at Roaring Forks, on the recommendation of the same fellow DISer who steered us toward the France Pavilion’s chocolate mousse. It was HUGE... and hugely delicious!

After dinner we explored WL. We walked around each level and read about the different rocks and fossils found in each stratum of the Grand Canyon. We “discovered” a little nook on the third or fourth floor directly over the entrance, with a fireplace, comfy chairs and a fantastic view of the lobby.

(Not actual view)
IMG_5733.jpg

We walked down to the DVC wing to check out the Iron Spike Room (wait – I think they just renamed it something else...) and were excited to see on display the train Walt used to ride around his backyard in Holmby Hills.

IMG_5736.jpg

I was also excited to see actual families actually sitting in there playing actual games, just like in the DVC ads! (Although the DVC rep we kept running into all over WDW may have been there manipulating this photo op from behind the scenes!). We liked the animal carvings in the beams of the elevator lobby, but there was something about the overall feel of the place that I didn’t like as much as some of the other DVC resorts we’d seen.

IMG_5739.jpg

We headed back to the main lobby so I could eat my Gigantic Brownie (or 1/3 of it, any way) in our fave nook. We were really sleepy, so we decided to call it a night and return to our resort. But, just like in a Jerry Bruckheimer movie, that turned out to be a false ending...

As we were walking out to the parking lot, we heard the MK fireworks start and caught a few glimpses. I thought maybe we could see them better from the patio at the front of the resort above the entry, so we dashed back inside, ran up the stairs, tripped over the doorsill, and stumbled out onto the patio only to see.... nothing. So we tripped back over the doorsill (I mean really, why is that thing 3 inches high? Isn’t everything supposed to be wheelchair accessible these days?), tumbled down the stairs, and sprinted for the dock. But by the time we got down there, the fireworks were over. However, a boat had just arrived, so on a whim we took it over to the Magic Kingdom and got there 30 minutes before closing time. We went straight to Big Thunder Mountain and got to ride it twice in a row because there was hardly anyone else there!

Then it was back to the boat, back to the Lodge, back to our car, and headed for the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We were really tired. DH was trying to perk me up by making up some silly story about an Indian spirit of the Wilderness Lodge named Panchuto, but I wasn’t having it -- until we got to AKV and were trudging up the stairs from the parking lot, when I tried to exclaim “Praise Panchuto – we’re home!” but couldn’t get past “Praise P--” because this seemed SOOOO funny (Ed. note: This is one of those “you had to be there” stories). We were in hysterics, staggering past the valet stand – I’m sure we looked drunk. But if our honeymoon were a movie, this scene – heck, the whole day – would definitely be in the “having fun together” montage...

And STILL we didn’t go to sleep! Instead we sat on the deck watching the rain and got to see a group of zebras dash by....

Next up: Epcot... again!

They're changing the name of the Iron Spike Room? I can see a mass uprising of VWL owners.:lmao:

Your picture of POFQ reminds me of our local Holiday Inn-French Quarter(built in the 70's) it looks the same. It probably doesn't smell like chlorine from the indoor pool though.

:laundy: my 6yr old son is bugging me for the laptop and just loves the laundry smiley.

So... there are alligators in Celebration’s lake?

Sorry to say, there are gators EVERYWHERE in Florida! No body of water goes untouched. Except in WDW, where they do their best to scoop 'em out and ship 'em down to the Everglades. But I don't imagine Celebration goes to such lengths; it's really fighting a losing battle, after all.

They're changing the name of the Iron Spike Room? I can see a mass uprising of VWL owners.:lmao:

Yes, they've renamed it the Carolwood Pacific Room, after Walt's backyard miniature railroad. I hope the DVC mases don't, uh, uprise!

Sorry to say, there are gators EVERYWHERE in Florida! No body of water goes untouched.

Wowee - good to know! :scared1:

I think I saw you that night in the WL lobby when we were heading to the bar for a cheese plate :)

Yay! More trip report. THese last couple of weeks are killing me waiting for it to be my turn :rolleyes1 so I need to live vicariously thru you and the others who had such great weddings!! Plus that helps convince me ours will go really well too! Great pictures as always!

Carrie,
Let me just say that I love your honeymoon! :lovestruc I'm a little green with envy...:maleficen

You are such a fantastic writer. I can just imagine you covered in powdered sugar and cheetos flourescent dust! What a great combination. You do know that all those dessert calories don't count when you're on your Honeymoon! :woohoo: I hope that DH and I have as much fun on our adults only trip for our anniversary!

Great update!

I have always hated Coronado springs in my mind. It sounded huge & full of conventioneers. But we visited last time and it's lovely. The pepper market had great food, but having a server sucked. Ours brought the complicated drinks and then disappeared forever, leaving 2 of us thirsty. We were right next to the soda machine but were scolded when we tried to get our own cokes!

I know I have posted on your boards before and I just wanted to let you know that I have really enjoyed reading all your planning and updates. Your photos are just wonderful

We are getting married in Epcot in Italy this coming November and one of my favorite pictures of your ceremony is the one with the pink flowers on the aisle and the pink flowers being tossed. We just received our floral proposal and as our colors are white and red, I requested red petals for the aisle. My proposal states red rose petal fabric aisle runner for $700.00 - ouch. Is that what yours was only in pink? Are the petals made of fabric or is this a quote for red petals put on a fabric runner? Not sure if you know or not but I was wondering what your petal aisle was considered and if you remember the cost? This seem very high for petals on the aisle. I know we can't bring our own because then we would have to clean them up and I don't want to carry a broom to our ceremony.:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for your help,
Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter