Lyndsey & Lee May 27th 09 ~ ** LINK TO OUR VIDEO**

Oh, it is just beautiful! I love the asymmetrical waist (scrunchy always flattering), and the little itty bitty pick-ups right underneath. Lovely!

that is a very pretty dress. congrats on finding your dress.(that has a nice ring to it-your dress) best wishes with your plans:goodvibes

Beautiful dress! Definitely find out about paying customs/duty before you order the dress online. It might turn out better and less hassle if you buy the dress in Glasgow. I bought and paid the deposit on my dress in Florida and asked that I have it shipped to Canada. I have changed my mind after finding out the duty and taxes were going to be 34%!!

Hope you're having fun trying on dresses!!!

Thankyou !. I had great fun dressing up !!!

Hey Linz, how you doing? Hope you had a great time shopping today! What did you find that you liked?

Rev Miller might be a bit slow to come back to you as he will only take bookings at 7 months out. Well, that's what he told us a little while back so that might have changed.

Did you sort the room problem out?

Not sorted the room problem as yet, but did find the dress of my dreams :cool1: . Rev Miller told us the same thing so we will just need to hold out, definatly want him to marry us though !

Congrats on finding your dress. It's beautiful. Love the back...just like mine and was the best choice!

Yeh, it means that I can let it out a bit if need be for the at home reception :rotfl:

I love your dress! The side pleats (is that what you would call them?) are beautiful!!!
Can't wait for more!popcorn::

Yes, its what sets it apart from the other dresses that I tried on.

Oh, it is just beautiful! I love the asymmetrical waist (scrunchy always flattering), and the little itty bitty pick-ups right underneath. Lovely!

I like the fact that its just a little pick up, I didn't suit the dresss with the pick ups all over.

that is a very pretty dress. congrats on finding your dress.(that has a nice ring to it-your dress) best wishes with

your plans:goodvibes

Hmm, My dress ! - sounds great :thumbsup2

I love it!! It's beautiful!

Thankyou so much

Your dress is stunning!!!!!!!!!

Yes I think so too, thankyou :)

Beautiful dress! Definitely find out about paying customs/duty before you order the dress online. It might turn out better and less hassle if you buy the dress in Glasgow. I bought and paid the deposit on my dress in Florida and asked that I have it shipped to Canada. I have changed my mind after finding out the duty and taxes were going to be 34%!!

The other option that I have is to buy it when we are in Orlando in November and bring it home to have alterations done.

Or I suppose I caould buy it there in November, have measurements done and then leave it in the shop until May ?

Oh, I'm not sure

Can't believe customs was so expensive !!!

LINZ XXX :bride:

Beautiful dress!! So great detail with the embroidery! Can't wait to see pictures of you in it! It always looks better on a real bride than those models!

Aww I'm too late to see the pic of the dress!!! lol

It looks like we both had very sucessful dress shopping weekends!!! ;) Congrats on finding "the one"!! that is so exciting!

Aww I'm too late to see the pic of the dress!!! lol

It looks like we both had very sucessful dress shopping weekends!!! ;) Congrats on finding "the one"!! that is so exciting!

Sent you a PM :)

Linz xxx:bride:

Congrats on finding THE ONE!!! I'd LOVE to see a picture! :goodvibes Would you be willing to PM me a link?

Congrats on finding THE ONE!!! I'd LOVE to see a picture! :goodvibes Would you be willing to PM me a link?

only because you have 7068 posts and therefor couldn't possibly be my husband to be trying to get a peek at what I'll be wearing.

PM on the way !

Linz xxx :bride:

Okay, that totally cracks me up! I hadn't even realized how many posts I have. It makes me look like a total slacker, doesn't it? :lmao:

Thank you so much for sending me the link. What an absolutely gorgeous gown!!! :faint: Okay, I promise I won't say anything else. I know how I lived in fear that someone would post a pic of my gown in my PJ and Howard would happen upon it by chance. :eek:

Hi girls

Sorry I havn't updated in a while but its been quite quiet on the wedding front. However, I now have some more updates.

Firstly my dear Mummy told me she was buying my dress for me :hug: love you loads mum.

Secondly we have filled out all of the details that Kristi our co-ordinator required in her emails and now she has told us that she is working on our letter of agreement this week :yay:

Thirdly we have booked videography - these guys are amazing to say the least

Check these out: They take a few minutes to load up but they are totally worth the wait !

http://www.abijoe.com/

http://www.simplycinematic.com/index2.php?v=v1

I can not wait to see our wedding video :worship:

Oh and lastly I am in the process of emailing patricia lajeune and getting prices to book her for a trial in November and for the big day next May.

Oh my gosh! The page on your videographers' website that lists their packages has a huge picture of my wedding photographers, the Roots! :hyper:

How did you find these guys? Care to share their package prices? I really wish I'd known about them when I was looking for a videographer... :rolleyes1

Hey Linz!! I just caught up with your pj after you posted in mine -- I thought to myself... why don't I remember her? :confused3 BECAUSE I DIDN'T READ HER PJ, DUH! So, I'm all caught up now -- Love your family, jealous of your locale, and bummed I missed your dress piccies... :goodvibes

Keep up the good work!!

SUBSCRIBING!! popcorn::

Hi girls

Sorry I havn't updated in a while but its been quite quiet on the wedding front. However, I now have some more updates.

Firstly my dear Mummy told me she was buying my dress for me :hug: love you loads mum.

Secondly we have filled out all of the details that Kristi our co-ordinator required in her emails and now she has told us that she is working on our letter of agreement this week :yay:

Thirdly we have booked videography - these guys are amazing to say the least

Check these out: They take a few minutes to load up but they are totally worth the wait !

http://www.abijoe.com/

http://www.simplycinematic.com/index2.php?v=v1

I can not wait to see our wedding video :worship:

Oh and lastly I am in the process of emailing patricia lajeune and getting prices to book her for a trial in November and for the big day next May.

yay! for mum buying your dress for you! My mom is helping me pay for mine since it is so pricey :headache:

Yay! for videographer!! that is an exciting step!!!

Also, I'm dying to know what the next step is for us!! I emailed my coordinator, but my email has been fishy lately with receiving emails, and I haven't heard back from her, but I asked her what the next step was, b/c I have no idea!! Do we get some kind of contract? Do we have to sign anything? I got that huge packet of info too, and am filling it out slowly, but should I be working on anything else? Guest list for the Save the dates? Room blocks???? I'm lost. :confused3 lol.

Oh my gosh! How did you find these guys? I really wish I'd known about them when I was looking for a videographer... :rolleyes1

They are great !! We found them via a google search which was for orlando videographers,

Hey Linz!! I just caught up with your pj after you posted in mine -- I thought to myself... why don't I remember her? :confused3 BECAUSE I DIDN'T READ HER PJ, DUH! So, I'm all caught up now -- Love your family, jealous of your locale, and bummed I missed your dress piccies... :goodvibes

Keep up the good work!!

SUBSCRIBING!! popcorn::

Hi

Glad you found my pj, Thanks for the nice comment about my family, I have to say I agree :rotfl:

yay! for mum buying your dress for you! My mom is helping me pay for mine since it is so pricey :headache:

Yay! for videographer!! that is an exciting step!!!

Also, I'm dying to know what the next step is for us!! I emailed my coordinator, but my email has been fishy lately with receiving emails, and I haven't heard back from her, but I asked her what the next step was, b/c I have no idea!! Do we get some kind of contract? Do we have to sign anything? I got that huge packet of info too, and am filling it out slowly, but should I be working on anything else? Guest list for the Save the dates? Room blocks???? I'm lost. :confused3 lol.

Yeh its a confusing time - so much to look at and send back whilst trying to fit in your normal life ;)

glad your mum is helping with the cost of your dress - mums are great :worship:

Well where do I start :confused3

Alot has happened over the past 2 weeks..........Whilst being busy with normal life we have been trying to arrange this wedding, which is hard from the other side of the Atlantic !!!

Our co-ordinator Kristi Davis has been super and has even replied to emails from me whist she has been on vacation - all hail Kristi :worship: :rotfl2:

After choosing the dress of my dreams :cloud9: I had the drama of deciding where to buy it from ? The shop I found it it was selling it for £699 ($1399)
online from the USA it was $575 (£287)
but when I looked into shipping costs and then customs it wasn't going to be much difference in price.

I decided to make some appointments at Bridal shops in Edinburgh. So off we went again to try on dresses. Unfortunatly we could not find even 1 shop which stocked the dress :confused3 . We did however find a shop who was willing to order it in for us and because we were ordering it 'blind' (having never seen it in that shop) they would give us a 15% discount on it :banana: so the price would now be £599 ($1198) :cool1:

So to make 100% sure that the dress I was ordering was the dress that I had tried on in Glasgow, off we went on the train to Glasgow again !!

I tried the dress on again and i sneaked a look at the tag which said was a 'Stewart' dress style **** (removed incase lee decides to be clever !!!)

Now I knew for a fact the the dress I wanted was a Mori Lee gown but that the style numbers matched ! I think it was the stores way of trying to confuse you so that you could not buy it elsewhere - cheeky :mad:

Any whoo - now I knew that the dress was most definatley a Mori Lee style ****.

Whist we were at this store we also seen a beautiful flowergirl dress which would be devine on Megan -

28112.jpg

I can decide whether to have the dress brought up to just past the knee or to the ankle or to keep it long?

I decided to wait until the next week and our appointment for bridesmaid dresses to see if the shop in Edinburgh stocked Megs dress.

So The next week it was back to Emma Roy Bridal in Edinburgh to look at bridesmaid dresses and order my dress.

My mum, Megan (DD), Jan (MOH) and I met at the bridal shop. A few dresses later we had found the bridesmaid dresses :dance3:

bridesmaiddress.jpg

Although it looks quite green in this picture it is actually buttercup yellow

Jan my MOH and Rebecca/Emily the 2 young flower girls (10 and 5) will be wearing this. The girls dresses will have straps addedd and I am trying to decide whether to have theirs brought up to just past their knee? Because it is chiffon it is quite floaty and I think would look better for their age rather than a long evening gown style - what do you think?

Also the silly headband thing will go I mean who would tie that around their bridesmaids heads :confused3 :rotfl: :rotfl:

I will use one of them to change the sash on Megans dress so that it matches the bridesmaids dress exactly.

Megan is wearing a different dress to the others so that she is a bit more special being my daughter and all I thought this would be nice for her.:hug:

So now that we had chosen all of the dresses it was time to order them - well Emma Roy Bridal did not stock them all but said they would order them in at the same time as ordering my dress and that we were to go in next week to be measured.

So last weekend we trundle off to Emma Roy again to be measured. OMG I am most definatley on a big time diet !!!!! I was not impressed with my measurements :sad2:

I ordered all of the dresses and the store owner who we had been dealing with all of the times we had been there (I thought she was just a store attendant :rolleyes1 ) said she would give me 15% discount on them all WOO HOO RESULT :cool1:

Whilst I was paying the deposit my mum was speaking to one of the store attendants and they realised that my mum worked with her sister (small world) anyway the store attendant gave my mum a card for 20% off any veil or headpiece !!!!

So there it is the enormous dress saga :rotfl:

Hello if your still reading hehe :rotfl2:

ok, so last night me and the kids picked Lee up from work, we then drove to a place called Orocco Pier to have a look at their function room. We are wanting to have an evening reception back at home after the wedding for people who couldn't make the trip this will be - Disco 7pm - 1am with a buffet at around 9pm.

Orocco pier is a hotel which overlooks the river forth just outside Edinburgh.

We got there a bit early so we grabbed a bag of chips (fries) from the chippie and sat looking over the water. We also met a very friendly seagull who helped us finish off our chips !!

When we had finished we went into the hotel and met a very excitable Irish woman called Claire who was going to show us around.

First of all she showed us the function room - it is gorgeous :lovestruc . The ceiling is covered in led lights which you can have twinkling or still and you can choose the colour they will be - very pretty indeed.

The table linens are white but they will let us put a black overlay on them and some votive candles.

One wall consists of a window and overlooks the river forth and the forth rail bridge which is lit up at night - especially for us claire told us :rotfl:
When you walk out the door beside this window it leads onto a balcony and there are steps leading down onto the beach which we have private access to !!- we had better keep an eye on certain guests, we don't want skinny dipping after they have had a few too many :lmao: :lmao:

The room also has a hard wooden floor and not a tacky carpet like some places we looked at.

Next Claire showed us the bedrooms. WOW they are lovely, the honeymoon suite had a telescope on the table at the window for you to see the view with !!

She also showed us some of the other bedrooms so that we could let our guests know what to expect. One of the rooms we walked into had just had the floor waxed !!! Claire didn't know this and her and my DD Megan almost went their length when they walked in. DS Connor however, walked in and then did the moonwalk back out - v. funny :lmao: Claire was almost wetting herself laughing !!

We then sat and had a coffee and went through the booking details with her. So we have decided to book for Fri 3rd July 2009 which will be 4 weeks after we return from Florida and should be enough time for me to make sure that I still fit into my dress :rotfl:

Here are some pictures of Orocco Pier.

with white twinkling lights
oroccopier1.jpg

With blue twinkling lights
oroccopier2.jpg

The full room
oroccopier3.jpg

the view from the window and the balcony.
oroccopier5.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter