Magical Memories in the Making ... A Pre-TR! TR LINK UP!

When it comes down to a choice between an extra night or not, your decision definitely makes sense! I bet James is going to love getting to see the animals. :goodvibes

Your pictures are amazing! Here's some pixie dust for you! :wizard:

Thanks - I didn't win the local contest :sad1: but they haven't published the winners for the Nikon contest.

Love the updates!! Cant wait to hear more.:cool1:

Thank you :goodvibes

:woohoo: We can make our dining ADRs in less than a month :woohoo:

We are also going to try to lock in a reservation at CRT for our MK day (more on why later) and a breakfast reservation at Boma the day we depart for the cruise. My parents aren't sure if they want to join at Boma but I will make it for 4 and make them decide when it gets closer :thumbsup2

Sadly, there isn't any other news on the planning front.

But, I took James out for his 9 month (yes! 9 month :scared1:) pictures last weekend and I wanted to share my faves with you

9month026_edited-1edited.jpg

9month043b.jpg

9month157edited.jpg

Hey everyone, sorry I've been MIA lately. There just hasn't been too much vacation stuff to report on lately. But, that's all about to change because

WE'VE HIT THE 6 MONTH MARK!!!!

Yep, that's right, today is officially 180 days until we leave for WDW :woohoo: I'm so excited I can barely stand it. And, you know what else that means. Today was our ADR day!

Unfortunately, there is something funky going on with the reservation system and it will only let me make my reservations for 180 days from today and not the rest of my reservation. Normally I would be all irritated, but I'm so excited that I just can't be. Besides, I get the fun of getting online the next two days to make more reservations. Ya gotta look at the bright side of things right ;)

I am super happy to report that we got our reservation at 'Ohanas for arrival night! And, even better, we got it for a decent time slot. No super early or super late dinner eating for us :thumbsup2

In addition to that I have started to work on some of the fun projects for our trip as well. I am hoping to make the following items for our cruise:

* Stroller sign for WDW
* Stroller sign for Cruise
* Magnets for cruise door (ours and parents)
* CRT invitation
* Tip envelopes
* Itinerary sheets

So far I've done the stroller sign for WDW. I view this kinda like putting a special ribbon and such on your luggage so you can find it at the luggage claim. I figure that at any given ride there will be about a thousand strollers in the corral and so there are bound to be a few (or tons!) that look like ours. Having the stroller sign will (hopefully) make it easier to find our stroller - and keep somebody else from walking off with ours!

wdwstrollersign.jpg

I can't actually take credit for this idea, I found it on the cruise magnet thread I was going through. But, I think it is a fantastic idea :thumbsup2

I'm also starting to work on packing lists. If anybody could help me out with the "must haves" for a 16 month old I would very much appreciate it!

Have a great weekend everyone!

I'm a planner by nature, but a go with the flow type of girl once the vacation actually gets here. I just like the notion that there is a plan to fall back on if needed. So, I thought it would be fun to lay out the plans that we are making to compare them to what actually happens when the time arrives :thumbsup2

Arrival Day: The Plan

* Get up at our normal wake-up time (assuming that is till James' wake-up time 6 months from now :confused3)
* Do a quick breakfast, get dressed and head out to the airport (still unsure if we are driving or being dropped off)
* Check in our bags (yay for free bags on Southwest!) and do the hour long security walk through with all the baby stuff :scared1:
* Grab a few drinks/snacks for the flight once we reach the other side of security
* Hop on our (non-stop!) flight to heaven, er, I mean, Orlando :goodvibes
* Meet up with parents who will be landing right before or after us at our pre-determined meeting spot (need to make sure to determine that :laughing:)
* Run over to the Crocs store to buy James and Candi a pair (I think they are terribly uncomfortable but Candi loves them)
* Head over to Magical Express counter (yippee for skipping baggage claim!) and board our shuttle to paradise (I really, really hope we get an actual Disney bus and not the Mears or cruise bus :rolleyes:)
* Check-in at AKL-Jambo (anybody know what part of the stop this usually is on ME?) and cross fingers that our value rooms allow for a t least a semi-partial savannah view
* Hurry and get ready for dinner
* Grab either the Epcot or MK bus, whichever pulls up first, and then transfer to the monorail from there
* Get off at the Poly for our dinner reservation at 'Ohanas :woohoo:
* If we don't see the fireworks during dinner - make the decision of if we want to go watch them from the beach or head straight back to the hotel to get some shut eye
* Grab the monorail over to the MK and transfer to a bus to AKL
* Get a good night's rest to be ready to wake up for our MK day :yay:

Arrival Day: Must Dos

* Take a whole family picture in Polynesian lobby
* Take an "our" family picture in Polynesian lobby
* Take a picture of James' first monorail ride
* Pick up our refillable mugs
* Have CRT invitation delivered to Mom

DSC_0371.jpg

Us being goofy in the Poly lobby a couple years ago

As we all know, there just isn't any escaping the money factor on vacation. And, I will be the first to admit, that may be even more so at Disney. I love that place and it loves my debit card :laughing: And, since I'm in a planning mood, I thought I would document the estimated costs for each day I plan out. I think this will help me to be better about saving my money for the trip instead of spending it on the Krispy Kremes that neither me, nor my thighs, need :sad2:

Arrival Day: The Costs

* Snacks in the airport - $25
* Crocs for James - $35
* Crocs for Candi - $50
* 'Ohanas tip (approx 20%) - $25

Grand Total = $135

Of course, this doesn't include all the items that will be paid for ahead of time - flight, dining plan etc. But, since it will already be paid for I don't think it counts :rotfl:

I'll be really curious to see how close (or far off) I was from these numbers after the trip is over :thumbsup2

I love the stroller sign! That is so smart! Great first day plans. We watched Wishes from the Poly beach on the honeymoon and LOVED it. It was so much fun to do! I kind of feel the same way about budgeting - once it's paid for I feel like it doesn't count! :lmao:

I love the stroller sign! That is so smart! Great first day plans. We watched Wishes from the Poly beach on the honeymoon and LOVED it. It was so much fun to do! I kind of feel the same way about budgeting - once it's paid for I feel like it doesn't count! :lmao:

I've always wanted to watch Wishes from the Poly beach. But since we will have the little guy, we will determine that choice in the moment. I definitely don't want to run him so ragged that he is Mr Crankypants for his first visit to MK ;)

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving spent with those they love! And, if you were crazy enough to go shopping like us I hope you were safe and got some great deals :thumbsup2 We got everything crossed off the list for little James and got it all for less than half the original prices! Of course, there were some Disney themed gifts included in our purchases, but those will be revealed in pictures after the big day ;)

One of the stores we hit up was Babies R Us and we noticed all the clearance clothing was buy 1 get 1 free! As any normal person would do I scoured the racks to gather up some goodies and found tons of stuff for James for our trip. He has been pretty consistent in being in the size correlated to his age, so hopefully that continues. I got him 3 bags stuffed with summer clothing for $40 - I just couldn't resist!

And now the plans

Magic Kingdom Day: The Plans

* Wake-up no later than 7:15 a.m.
* Meet my parents in the hotel lobby at 8:00 a.m.
* Grab the bus to MK
* Check-in for our breakfast reservation at 9:15 a.m.
* Enjoy yummy stuffed french toast at CRT and hopefully watch James get lots of Princess kisses :thumbsup2
* (if time allows) hit up a ride or 2
* Check-in for James' appointment at the Barber Shop (can't make the reservation yet, but hoping to get it for right after breakfast because he is the most cooperative when he has a full belly :rotfl:)
* Ride rides until James shows signs of it being nap time
* Break for lunch somewhere in there (we will either grab lunch at the MK if James is still going strong OR grab lunch at the QS at hotel if nap time and lunch time are at the same time)
* Head back to AKL for nap for James (and probably Candi :laughing:) while I do laundry, back-up pictures, enjoy the balcony etc (will let parents decide if they want to come back with us or enjoy more park time)
* Be up from naps/relaxation no later than 4:30 p.m.
* Meet up with parents in lobby at 5:00 p.m.
* Grab bus to MK then transfer to boat to WL
* Check-in for dinner reservation at 6:15 p.m.
* Enjoy yummy, yummy BBQ at Whispering Canyon Cafe
* Grab boat back to MK
* (if time allows) hop on a ride or 2
* Snatch up a spot for the parade/fireworks
* Exit with the masses to grab bus back to AKL
* Do a final load of laundry while everyone gets ready for bed (need as many clean clothes for the cruise as possible to minimize packing :thumbsup2)
* Dream happy dreams of sailing away the next day!

Magic Kingdom Day: Must Dos

* Buy James his first set of Mickey ears
* Ride Dumbo
* Ride the carousel
* Get a Dole Whip!
* See Wishes
* Get "the picture" of James and Candi walking down Main Street - I envision this amazing picture of them holding hands with James wearing his Mickey ears walking towards the castle!
* Avoid pushing James into complete exhaustion before breaking for a nap

Any recommendations for a QS in MK? The only one we've ever tried is Pecos Bills which we enjoy, but think we want to try somewhere new :)

DSC_0135.jpg

Our view from CRT last time

Wow, what an eventful week we have had over here - in the last 7 days James ...

... had his first Thanksgiving

... got his first hair cut

AND

... got his first 2 teeth!

*** pictures to follow soon ***

We are having some super crazy weather over here ... the wind is blowing so hard that my front door just popped open :scared1: The weather man says the winds could get up to 70 mph today - holy smokes! And they are predicting a snow storm which usually makes me happy because Candi gets snow days when that happens. However, James' baptismal is this weekend so we have lots of family on the road the next couple days. Some pixie dust for bad weather to hold off would be much appreciated :goodvibes

Magic Kingdom Day: The Costs

* 1 day Park Ticket x's 2: $170
* Barber Shop: $25?
* "please Mommy" souivies :rotfl:: $50
* James' Mickey Ears: $25

Total (MK Day): $270
Grand Total (all days so far): $405

I hope none of you are being hit hard with crazy weather :thumbsup2

I hope the winds died down for you guys! That is scary! :eek:

Love the "please mommy" budget! :lmao:

Thanks, the winds only lasted that one day and no major damage was done. Unfortunately, we were immediately hit with a bad ice/snow storm so my family didn't make it in for James' baptism :sad1:

We had a very busy, but wonderful, weekend over here. James' baptism was on Sunday and, we, of course, spent all day Saturday preparing. Unfortunately, our first major snow/ice storm of the year hit and it was incredibly too dangerous for my family to travel in. I'm so very sad that they missed this day, but their safety was far more important. Sadly, there were four fatal accidents in one small town they have to drive through to get here so I know we made the right decision in them not coming. I will try to get pictures up soon of everything that has been going on - I have (once again) lost my camera cord :headache:

Cruise Departure Day: The Plan

* Wake-up no later than 7:45 a.m.
* Meet parents in lobby for breakfast reservation at Boma
* Enjoy a yummy, yummy meal - I've been wanting to eat here ever since we had to cancel our reservation in 2009!
* Run up to room - pack up any last minute items, do a triple check that nothing was forgotten etc
* Meet in lobby and wait for cruise bus (I think this is usually around 11ish)
* Enjoy the drive over to Port Canaveral - I would say take a nap but we all know that ain't happening :rotfl:
* Do the routine - security check, check-in, lobby pics etc
* Wait our turn to board and absorb every single second of seeing the Magic for the first time :goodvibes
* Room probably won't be ready yet so do any necessities needed - Palo reservation changes, nursery sign-up etc
* Roam the ship and grab lunch (undecided if I want to do Parrot Cay or buffet)
* Check-in to room
* Sailaway Party
* Relax/Get cleaned up
* Dinner and show

Must Do's:

* Spa tour (giveaway opportunity :thumbsup2)
* DVC presentation (giveaway opportunity and add-on option with incentives and discount ::fingers crossed::)
* Lifestyle portraits (if I like the backdrop offerings that night)
* Character pictures with James
* Order late night room service and enjoy on the verandah :cloud9:

P1010604.jpg

Navigator's verandah view on our honeymoon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter