maintenance fees for 2015

I was definitely surprised by how much SSR and OKW increased this year compared to their increases in the past. Even looking at absolute numbers they seem on the high end.

BWV 0.07
VWL 0.10
BCV 0.18
SSR 0.26
BLT 0.27
OKW 0.30
AKV 0.31

Not that I'm complaining , but what in the world happened at BWV.

I was definitely surprised by how much SSR and OKW increased this year compared to their increases in the past. Even looking at absolute numbers they seem on the high end.

BWV 0.07
VWL 0.10
BCV 0.18
SSR 0.26
BLT 0.27
OKW 0.30
AKV 0.31

I agree, SSR tends to be on the lower side. And with the renovation announced for BCV, I would have thought it's increase would have been a lot more. But the tiny increases for BWV and VWL were very interesting.

BWV housekeeping is $5.245 million or 1.0729 per point (383 vacation homes).

BLT is 290?

Seen a couple different numbers?

Still the cheapest resort.

I need to find last years numbers and compare to see where the increase was. The paper they send should show side by side.

BWV 0.07
VWL 0.10
BCV 0.18
SSR 0.26
BLT 0.27
OKW 0.30
AKV 0.31

Doug,
Is that cents per point? If so high but certainly live able.It kinda cools my addonitis for now.

$5 million again for housekeeping, isn't that what it was last year? How does that compare to other large DVC resorts? Or do more members do short stays at BLT because of the point cost per night so there is a higher number of full cleanings per villa over the year?

And will we ever know why BLT keeps increasing at these ridiculous percentages?

IMO BLT dues were kept low during the selling phase. If you remember part of the Guides sales spiel for BLT was that it had some of the lowest dues.

Is it a coincidence that the DVD management involved with BLT was the same executives that were terminated for setting Aulani's dues too low?

Wasn't there also some type of developer subsidy for BLT?

:earsboy: Bill

Ditto ... sadly, it seems as though the predictions of the expert DVCers on the boards were correct and big dues increases at BLT will continue ... Sigh ... And in my case, the CAD $ value has dropped too. Ah well.

Yep, I feel your pain!

Is it a coincidence that the DVD management involved with BLT was the same executives that were terminated for setting Aulani's dues too low? Wasn't there also some type of developer subsidy for BLT?

Just curious, why didn't those same executives get in trouble after setting BLT dues too low? Why only after Aulani's dues were set too low did they got fired?

Just curious, why didn't those same executives get in trouble after setting BLT dues too low? Why only after Aulani's dues were set too low did they got fired?

All of this is speculation but the low dues issue wasn't an issue until questioned by the State of Hawaii. Hawaii collects taxes based on points so their review of the project may be different than Florida's. That's why Disney is subsidizing the dues payments for early Aulani buyers for the life of the contract. It has to be costing them millions plus Aulani sales were halted for several months while the legal issues were ironed out.

:earsboy: Bill

If I am reading things correctly...
Majority of the dues increase for BLT 2015 is Ad Valorem Taxes. Going up 17.5 cents per vacation point.
Was $1.1583 in 2014...going up to $1.3335 per vacation point.

I wonder if OKW and SSR are seeing similar increases due to DTD construction.

If so, I fear what will happen to taxes for VWL and BCV when WL and BC rooms are converted to DVC and sell for the going new resort price in a few years.

BWV taxes went from 1.0941 to 1.1356 so there must be some differences in assessment values rather than rate.

I suspect the BLT assessment has climbed since its neighbor VGF has done so well at a much higher price. Both on monorail and similar distance from MK. Most of BLT assessment was probably based on 2009-2010 when the majority of points sold for under $100 per point.

Here's a summary with Resort/2015/2014/%Increase:

AKV/6.30/5.97/5.51
Aul/6.51/6.44/1.09
BCV/5.97/5.79/3.19
BLT/5.05/4.78/5.66
BWV/6.07/6.01/1.06
HHI/6.52/6.28/3.81
OKW/5.84/5.54/5.36
SSR/5.17/4.91/5.40
VB/8.06/7.75/4.00
VGC/5.15/4.94/4.22
VGF/5.52/5.41/2.06
VWL/6.03/5.93/1.60

As a brand new DVC member and BLT owner I find it particularly unfortunate that BLT has the highest percentage increase, but I'm still happy that it has the lowest overall dues. There are several references to the recent high increases at BLT and while this year is the highest, it's not significantly more than SSR or OKW. Perhaps there was some poor early estimation that lead to artificially low dues, but I have to think they are near total correction at this point and the pace should continue to stay in line with other resorts. At least that's what I'm going to keep telling myself.

Here is MountainMouse's data, formatted with the CODE tag to preserve the white space between the columns:

Code:
Resort 2015   2014  %Increase
------ ----   ----  ---------
 AKV   6.30   5.97    5.51
 Aul   6.51   6.44    1.09
 BCV   5.97   5.79    3.19
 BLT   5.05   4.78    5.66
 BWV   6.07   6.01    1.06
 HHI   6.52   6.28    3.81
 OKW   5.84   5.54    5.36
 SSR   5.17   4.91    5.40
 VB    8.06   7.75    4.00
 VGC   5.15   4.94    4.22
 VGF   5.52   5.41    2.06
 VWL   6.03   5.93    1.60

Is it possible that the huge SSR increase this year is due to property taxes? One year MF went down due to property taxes going down: resales prices were dropping, so taxes were lowered as well. But recently SSR went from an average of $50 per point to $70 per point, hence taxes increase?

If I am reading things correctly...
Majority of the dues increase for BLT 2015 is Ad Valorem Taxes. Going up 17.5 cents per vacation point.
Was $1.1583 in 2014...going up to $1.3335 per vacation point.

I wonder if OKW and SSR are seeing similar increases due to DTD construction.

If so, I fear what will happen to taxes for VWL and BCV when WL and BC rooms are converted to DVC and sell for the going new resort price in a few years.

It wouldn't surprise me to see that the increase at OKW and SSR is because of taxes.

It wouldn't surprise me to see that the increase at OKW and SSR is because of taxes.

For SSR

Looks like the ad valorem tax estimate has increased by 1.01 to 1.14 per point

As well the admin and front desk seems to have gone up quite a bit from last year to add to the operating budget.

perhaps someone with more knowledge of this can lend more insight.

new to this as we just became DVC members- but any reason for the large increase at AKV? Is it typical given upkeep of animals?

new to this as we just became DVC members- but any reason for the large increase at AKV? Is it typical given upkeep of animals?

Since animal upkeep has always been in AKV dues I don't know what might change to their needs that would result in a large increase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter