Mando & Grogu Movie is official

the best arguments are ones that no one can win...

can we let the poor dead ST horse rest.. how about the future...

Polymer hated them. Brian was meh. I thought there were good parts and stupid parts, But none of us own them or own the "correct" opinion....

Now how about Thrawn.... Wonder who they will get to play Baylon

I think Ahsoka will replace the daughter.... might need to go back to the Clone Wars and rewatch the Mortis episodes

Oh, I'm far from "meh" on them. I do think they could've benefitted from a little more fleshing out of the back story. It's like they wanted you to read a bunch of books to get that information. I think that's why some fans can't connect the dots - though I never red the books eitehr, but I keep somewhat well-informed. Otherwise, I still really enjoy it. In fact, I'll go one further, Rise of Skywalker is my second favorite Star Wars movie, second only to The Phantom Menace! Yeah, that's the kind of world I live in. 😁

I didn’t hate them.

I hated TLJ.

I actually thought TFA was pretty good and that Rey had tons of potential.

TLJ was not good at all to me. Was so bad it kinda ruined Star Wars for me and it may never be the same as it was.

TROP was ok, and attempted to fix everything that Rian Johnson fouled up in TLJ. It was a bridge too far and the damage too severe for JJ to fix imho.

See this is where I’m getting confused. Its been rumoured for a while that Mando S4 would actually be a movie but supposedly Jon Favreau said that he’d already written S4 before the writers strike so it wouldn’t be impacted by it so are we getting the movie and then S4? Have they just scrapped S4 and we’re getting the movie instead now? And where does this fit in with Filoni’s “Heir To The Empire” Mandoverse everyone coming together film?

I’ll be honest that I’ve been completely out of the loop with Star Wars news the last few months since school took over my life.

When things trend on social media it tells you they have made it to the general public / normies.

Both of these events likely trended on social media. Just because you don’t like something that is said, doesn’t mean it wasn’t a significant trending topic that millions of people are reading about or watching content on.
I never said that the director's comments didn't trend on social media. They did, briefly. I'm disputing your assertion that it was "brilliant timing by Disney" to make the new movie announcement, as though they were trying to pull attention away from the "backlash" over her comments.

I believe everyone has similar questions Leia. I don’t think anyone knows definitively that I have seen.

My guess is Iger is trying to find profit and D+ is still a good way off from being profitable. My guess is he said let’s take our current most marketable characters Mando and Grogu and do a theatrical release. I would guess the script might come from what was once was part of Mando season 4.

Last edited:
I never said that the director's comments didn't trend on social media. They did, briefly. I'm disputing your assertion that it was "brilliant timing by Disney" to make the new movie announcement, as though they were trying to pull attention away from the "backlash" over her comments.
Do they normally announce new movies just on their website on a random day in early January?

Maybe so, but this certainly appears as an effort by Iger to change the narrative after a really rough few days of PR. We likely will never know though.

Yeah, some fans will never be happy - they don't want to be. Personally, I would like to see Special Editions of all of the movies to smooth out a few rough edges

Yeah, like can we get Harrison Ford to redub the line about parsecs? 😁

(And no, I'm not interested in hearing any more about the lame convoluted explanation that some fans have tried to promulgate rather than admitting that George was just plain wrong.)

Yeah, like can we get Harrison Ford to redub the line about parsecs? 😁

(And no, I'm not interested in hearing any more about the lame convoluted explanation that some fans have tried to promulgate rather than admitting that George was just plain wrong.)

I think most fans know and accept that George was just plain wrong about that. The issue is that Han would not have been just plain wrong about something like that, hence the convoluted explanations. 🙂

See this is where I’m getting confused. Its been rumoured for a while that Mando S4 would actually be a movie but supposedly Jon Favreau said that he’d already written S4 before the writers strike so it wouldn’t be impacted by it so are we getting the movie and then S4? Have they just scrapped S4 and we’re getting the movie instead now? And where does this fit in with Filoni’s “Heir To The Empire” Mandoverse everyone coming together film?

I’ll be honest that I’ve been completely out of the loop with Star Wars news the last few months since school took over my life.
i thought there was a s4 too, but everything i am finding now says movie next... this is from Jan 2024, so relatively recent and has the Mando movie listed, and has S4 Mando as unknown...
Full lineup of upcoming Star Wars movies and TV shows:

• Star Wars Skeleton Crew TV Series (2024)
  • Star Wars: The Acolyte TV Series (2024)
  • Star Wars: The Bad Batch Season 3 (2024)
  • Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi (2024)
  • Star Wars: Andor Season 2 (2025/Possibly 2024)
  • Star Wars: Ahsoka Season 2 (In Development)
  • Taika Waititi's Star Wars Movie (In Development)
  • James Mangold's Dawn of the Jedi Movie (In Development)
  • Dave Filoni's Mando-Verse New Republic Movie (In Development)
  • Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy's New Jedi Order Movie (In Development)
  • Jon Favreau's The Mandalorian & Grogu Movie (In Development)
  • Star Wars: Rogue Squadron Movie (Status Unknown)
  • The Mandalorian: Season 4 / The Book of Boba Fett: Season 2 (Status Unknown)
  • Star Wars: Lando Movie (Status Unknown)
  • Star Wars: Rangers of the New Republic TV Series (Presumed Canceled)
  • Untitled J.D. Dillard/Matt Owens Movie (Presumed Canceled)
  • Rian Johnson's Star Wars Trilogy (Presumed Canceled)
  • Kevin Feige's Star Wars Movie (Canceled)
  • David Benioff & DB Weiss' Star Wars Movies (Canceled)

https://www.ign.com/articles/upcoming-new-star-wars-movies-2024-tv-shows-release-dates

Last edited:
Interesting that there is a Mando-verse New Republic movie and a separate Mandalorian-Grogu movie listed.

the Mando-verse is the combination/wrap up of Bobafett, Ahsoka, Mandaloiran and Skeleton Crew stories

this is a complicated web that they are weaving LOL...

I hope for a S4 and THEN the two movies... I am biased as I prefer streaming at home, but I would grace a movie theater with my physical presence for Star Wars

Even better that Benioff and Weiss aren't getting theirs.
I just always laugh at the Rian Johnson trilogy talk. Sure let’s bring back the guy that ticked off the fans and made what is clearly the most divisive SW movie ever. Let’s not only bring him back, but let’s give him a trilogy and let him bad mouth fans on twitter for about 6 years straight. Pretty funny if you ask me.

Anyone who looks at this logically can understand after the way TLJ was received by the fandom that Rian Johnson was never getting a trilogy.

Last edited:
I just always laugh at the Rian Johnson trilogy talk. Sure let’s bring back the guy that ticked off the fans and made what is clearly the most divisive SW movie ever. Let’s not only bring him back, but let’s give him a trilogy and let him bad mouth fans on twitter for about 6 years straight. Pretty funny if you ask me.

Anyone who looks at this logically can understand after the way TLJ was received by the fandom that Rian Johnson was never getting a trilogy.

Honestly NOSTALGIA is such an important aspect of TV and Movies. And you really only get one shot at it. The list of TV Show reboots, and movie sequels is impressive and most are very careful with respecting past characters.

As you have mentioned Top Gun, 36 Years later (almost as long as Luke) is a prime example of knowing your audience, and how to deliver. The flashback to Goose and Meg Ryan, and even the meeting with Val Kilmer's Ice were just icing on the cake from the portrayal of Maverick.

It should not have been that difficult with Luke.

Guaranteed Daniel Radcliffe will kick a$$ in 2040 as H Potter.

Couldn’t agree more. It will go down in history as one of if not the biggest swings and misses in cinematic history. The ball was on a tee and Disney still couldn’t hit it.

Huge legacy fan base just wanting to see their hero’s go out in a blaze of glory. All you had to do is do that, and at same time time pass the torch to the new stars.

Nope, you hired Rian Johnson to “subvert expectations” instead.

Last edited:
Couldn’t agree more. It will go down in history as one of if not the biggest swings and misses in cinematic history. The ball was on a tee and Disney still couldn’t hit it.

Huge legacy fan base just wanting to see their hero’s go out in a blaze of glory. All you had to do is do that, and at same time time pass the torch to the new stars.

Nope, you hired Rian Johnson to “subvert expectations” instead.

I thought the issue was that Luke DID go out in a blaze of glory? :confused3

He went out a lonely punk leaning on a rock….died from “forcing too hard” ….Lame!

Sorry that in no way fits “a blaze of glory” to me.

That more appropriately fits “Let the past die, kill it if you have to”. 🤔

He went out a lonely punk leaning on a rock….died from “forcing too hard” ….Lame!

Sorry that in no way fits “a blaze of glory” to me.

That more appropriately fits “Let the past die, kill it if you have to”. 🤔

I simply fail to see the difference in a physical altercation, which Luke would have likely lost, and the clever ruse that he used to save his friends. And remember, the line about "Let the past die" was uttered by a bad guy. It was a lie, and the end of the movie reinforces that it was. From what Yoda told Luke, to Rey saving the books, to Luke coming around and helping out - all of it reinforces how important the past is. It was just a red-herring, so to speak. The themes of the movie are baout the past versus the future, but the message of the movie is absolutely not to let the past die.

He was just a magic trick diversion, and Rey actually saved everyone. That’s not how a hero of 30+ years should have gone out.

I guess just agree to disagree on this one as well. Neither of us is likely perfect in our interpretation.

Last edited:
He was just a magic trick diversion, and Rey actually saved everyone. That’s not how a hero of 30+ years should have gone out.

I guess just agree to disagree on this one as well.

But could she have done it without his help? Regardless, the message of The Last Jedi is absolutely NOT letting the past die. Rey refuses to do so, and she is the main protagonist of the movie.

And I think that's really the issue. You wanted it to be Luke's movie - and Han's and Leia's - but it's not. It was never intended to be, nor should it have been. The new generation are the stars, like it or not.

And you don't have to like it, but that doesn't change the overall message of the movie. Rian Johnson didn't want to kill the past - Kylo Ren did. Kylo Ren is the villain, and is wrong, as proven by the themes and outcome of the film itself. You don't have to like how they got there. You can even argue about how effective the movie was in conveying it's message, but that would require actual critique and not simple derisiveness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter