I heard yesterday from a friend who works at the GF that it wasn't looking good. So sad, he's a wonderful man.
He did live a nice long life at least! I feel I need to pull out my photos from our first visit to GF when i was little girl and he was roasting chestnuts along with my wedding photos tonight.

I just googled him because I didn't know who he was, but my heart literally can't handle any more sad news.

Mine either. First Kate Spade then this news.

I need puppy kisses and whiskey tonight.

Death is almost always a sad thing. Even when the deceased is freed from pain and suffering, their loves ones continue to miss them. I hope those touched by Richard find comfort in the wonderful memories he gave them. If his family by any chance sees this, I hope they find peace and comfort in the knowledge that they absolutely will see him again. And he will know them.

Sounds like we can start booking/pricing packages on June 19th for next year. I know I can call or use a TA, but I like to look myself online, so this is great news!
(paging @roxymama about this... gives you a full month to get your room before you register ;) )

Yes so sad! I spent awhile trying to find my picture with him but can't remember the year so still haven't located it. Such a sweet man.

After looking through all 6 of my childhood photo albums, I don't see it. My mother must still have it in hers. I found some other gems though like me on the rocking horse inside the Grand Floridian.

Anyone else planning to pay for their future race registration(s) with a Disney gift card now that it is an option?

Anyone else planning to pay for their future race registration(s) with a Disney gift card now that it is an option?
I probably will. I buy them to pay for resort stays right now, because our grocery store gives fuel points for purchases. Sometimes you get 4X the fuel points on GC. The max you can take off a gallon of gas is $1. I used to have a vehicle that would take 20+ gallons (now car only holds 16). So I save $20 (now $16) on fuel for every $250 gift card purchased.

Not I - EVERYTHING I possibly can charge will continue to go on the Disney Visa, as always, so I can use the Reward Points to pay for food at WDW.

My plan is to have the total all on one card just in case they only let us pay with one form of payment. So, I'll just use the gift card site to consolidate after I get them via Target with my RedCard.

This isnt relevant to me, since I pay my travel agent, but ... if we register through MDE, do we think credit cards will see it as a travel expense? I'm thinking double points for future race registrations... (I get double points on travel and dining on one of my cards)

This isnt relevant to me, since I pay my travel agent, but ... if we register through MDE, do we think credit cards will see it as a travel expense? I'm thinking double points for future race registrations... (I get double points on travel and dining on one of my cards)

I know Chase Sapphire Reserve doesn't count anything Disney as a travel expense (other than resort stay) when it comes to 2x-3x points - it considers it a "sightseeing opportunity". Pretty much only plane tickets, hotel charges and things like taxis or Uber count as travel expenses with that card.

I know Chase Sapphire Reserve doesn't count anything Disney as a travel expense (other than resort stay) when it comes to 2x-3x points - it considers it a "sightseeing opportunity". Pretty much only plane tickets, hotel charges and things like taxis or Uber count as travel expenses with that card.

Interesting.
I have the Preferred so it's probably the same.
Oh well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter