Spending bonuses make you do fun things.
It definitely can feel like a trap! This isn't my first points rodeo though, so we usually try not to open a new card unless we have a decent sized expense/trip coming up to help meet that minimum. (Also, we pay them off every month. #debtfree Credit cards can be scary.)

It definitely can feel like a trap! This isn't my first points rodeo though, so we usually try not to open a new card unless we have a decent sized expense/trip coming up to help meet that minimum. (Also, we pay them off every month. #debtfree Credit cards can be scary.)

I'm basically the same. I opened my new card because of marathon weekend (and actually ended up putting the deposit on a different card, but that's a different story). But I've been frontloading all of my spending for the next few months to help hit my spending bonus (thankfully I can cover it ... I hate not paying my full credit card bill).

Question (that I'm not sure if anyone knows the answer to, but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask):
I know that some TAs can waive the ticket/hotel requirement for APs and/or DVC owners.
If I reserved races and a hotel and ticket package through a TA, but then later get an Annual Pass, can my TA change me to just a hotel (no tickets) plus races?
I'll probably call my TA next week and ask, but I figured I'd also ask here in case anyone had experience with the situation.
(Also, before everyone asks, I'm considering getting an AP because I think it makes financial sense in my situation)

Question (that I'm not sure if anyone knows the answer to, but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask):
I know that some TAs can waive the ticket/hotel requirement for APs and/or DVC owners.
If I reserved races and a hotel and ticket package through a TA, but then later get an Annual Pass, can my TA change me to just a hotel (no tickets) plus races?
I'll probably call my TA next week and ask, but I figured I'd also ask here in case anyone had experience with the situation.
(Also, before everyone asks, I'm considering getting an AP because I think it makes financial sense in my situation)
Honestly have no idea, but having an AP is magical & I really don't know why but it is. I let my AP die in Jan and it was sad but I'll be getting a new one for next Jan. since we want to do marathon weekend and wine & dine '19. That merch discount is a nice perk for sure.

As long as you have an AP number before pay-in-full for the room package, they can waive it. Now, everyone in the room will have to be an AP or a CM, just FYI.

I would just give your TA a heads up on what you’re planning to do. They may also offer to take over the existing All-Stars package reservation for you to see if they can get any discounts or give you a kickback.

As long as you have an AP number before pay-in-full for the room package, they can waive it. Now, everyone in the room will have to be an AP or a CM, just FYI.

I would just give your TA a heads up on what you’re planning to do. They may also offer to take over the existing All-Stars package reservation for you to see if they can get any discounts or give you a kickback.

This is good info, thanks! I will call my TA next week to give him and heads up. (I have to talk to Beth about them potentially taking over the July reservation, but if she's cool with it, I'll see if they want to do that too)

This is good info, thanks! I will call my TA next week to give him and heads up. (I have to talk to Beth about them potentially taking over the July reservation, but if she's cool with it, I'll see if they want to do that too)

Y’all can still do whatever FP+s or things you want to do, they just are there to help. And the price is the same, except now the agent gets commission versus Disney keeping that extra money.

I usually kick back a gift card or something when I take over reservations, so maybe they will offer something like that!

Yeah, I honestly never thought I'd be saying that. I'm freaking out a little on the inside.
I was just nosing around the AP section of DisneyLAND and I noticed that the AP blackout dates vary for each park, which is bogus. So I headed to WDW site and noticed that not only are the APs CHEAPER they have a better value, no blackout dates, and you can get into all the parks. WITAF.

I am super salty right now.

I was just nosing around the AP section of DisneyLAND and I noticed that the AP blackout dates vary for each park, which is bogus. So I headed to WDW site and noticed that not only are the APs CHEAPER they have a better value, no blackout dates, and you can get into all the parks. WITAF.

I am super salty right now.

Yeah ... I had a DL AP for two years (instead of the Premiere - because I didn't want to give up my Florida Resident discount on my WDW AP ...), and it was a good enough value for me as a visitor, but man ... it was spendy. DL does do WAY more AP-exclusive things than WDW though. I got to see a bunch of movies, got better food and merch discounts, and got a lot of buttons.

Yeah ... I had a DL AP for two years (instead of the Premiere - because I didn't want to give up my Florida Resident discount on my WDW AP ...), and it was a good enough value for me as a visitor, but man ... it was spendy. DL does do WAY more AP-exclusive things than WDW though. I got to see a bunch of movies, got better food and merch discounts, and got a lot of buttons.
Yeah I kind of hate that but understand it. DL is all about locals whereas WDW is a world destination. I still feel they should do more for WDW APs though.

Yeah I kind of hate that but understand it. DL is all about locals whereas WDW is a world destination. I still feel they should do more for WDW APs though.

The magnets are a good start. I hope they bring back the AP glasses during F&W. I LOVED the lithograph we got during Festival of the Arts. So, the do DO some giveaways, but I wish they'd do a discounted tasting pass for F&W like they do at DCA for their F&W. Things like that.

The magnets are a good start. I hope they bring back the AP glasses during F&W. I LOVED the lithograph we got during Festival of the Arts. So, the do DO some giveaways, but I wish they'd do a discounted tasting pass for F&W like they do at DCA for their F&W. Things like that.
I just want a small discount on quick service. Like even 10% I would be fine with.

Liar. You would give that up if they gave you a special AP MB (graphic, not a generic one with a slider) every year.
Well duh! I would love an AP magicband but could live with a 10% QS discount and the existing slider as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter