Me
Breakfast: Crystal Palace MK (before park opens)
Lunch: Tusker House AK
Snack: ice cream at Gertie’s place HS
Dinner: La Hacienda de San Angel EP (watch Illuminations)
I couldn’t possibly eat this much, but hey, it’s magical, right?

DS
Breakfast: Rainforest Cafe AK
Lunch: Columbia Harbor House (on the bridge) MK
Snack: special Darth Vader cupcake/Commisary HS
Dinner: Monsieur Paul EP

Well, you can count on people in the AP line actually knowing the drill and how to get through the line quickly.

I used to think like you and would go into the shorter regular line, but I don't any more after getting caught multiple times behind people who absolutely couldn't figure out that you have to put the same finger on the scanner that they did earlier, or had something else go wrong with their tickets that a cast member needed a lot of time to resolve...
Yep, my regular experience, too!

Four meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack); four parks ... how convenient. Assume you're park hopping like crazy and are having ONE meal and EACH park, which do you choose? Rules: the meals must be inside the parks. That means no Ohana, California Grill, etc. No repeats. Drinks don't count as snacks.
Well... I never, ever leave the room/home without eating breakfast, but I also always have a mid-morning snack, so I'll use that as my "breakfast" in this scenario...

Breakfast (snack): Starbucks (AK)
Lunch: Via Napoli (EP)
Snack: Main St. Ice Cream shop (MK)
Dinner: Hollywood Brown Derby (HS)

Quick update: Snagged rezzies for BLT for marathon weekend just hours before DD1 graduated HS :stitch:

DH is basically 100% sure he's in for Dopey...same for me but for the Marathon...

I've been under the weather since Sunday with not the kind of sickness you want to run with exactly :scared: (my medications and alcohol interacted and the result is unpleasant to say the least) and last week I was sooo busy I barely ran...hopefully I'll be feeling better soon

Quick update: Snagged rezzies for BLT for marathon weekend just hours before DD1 graduated HS :stitch:

DH is basically 100% sure he's in for Dopey...same for me but for the Marathon...

I've been under the weather since Sunday with not the kind of sickness you want to run with exactly :scared: (my medications and alcohol interacted and the result is unpleasant to say the least) and last week I was sooo busy I barely ran...hopefully I'll be feeling better soon
Nice! BLT is great for marathon weekend.

SAFD:

Breakfast: Gaston's (cinnamon roll!)
Lunch: Pecos Bill's (nacho bar!)
Snack: a cupcake somewhere at DHS
Dinner: toss-up - I haven't done a lot of fine dining at WDW, so I'll say either Rose & Crown, Tangierine Cafe or Les Chefs de France

All this restaurant talk and ADR day will be coming up soon, right? which is odd not being registered yet or I don't even have a room or anything.

I'm thinking Via Napoli, Mama Melrose or maybe even Tony's before the half, anyone have any bad experiences before a race at any of these? I've never done Via Napoli.

All this restaurant talk and ADR day will be coming up soon, right? which is odd not being registered yet or I don't even have a room or anything.

I'm thinking Via Napoli, Mama Melrose or maybe even Tony's before the half, anyone have any bad experiences before a race at any of these? I've never done Via Napoli.

I did Melrose before 2016 marathon and got a pretty basic spaghetti dish and thought it was good! We went to Napoli's before the SW half this April and I was really wanting pasta and was a little let down there weren't many choices. I think their main focus is on the pizza, which I think is great. I just didn't want to bank on eating a lot of pizza when I'm used to eating pasta before longer races. We're still trying to figure out what to do too!

I did Melrose before 2016 marathon and got a pretty basic spaghetti dish and thought it was good! We went to Napoli's before the SW half this April and I was really wanting pasta and was a little let down there weren't many choices. I think their main focus is on the pizza, which I think is great. I just didn't want to bank on eating a lot of pizza when I'm used to eating pasta before longer races. We're still trying to figure out what to do too!
I heard Via Napoli was supposed to be expanding as well as adding more pastas or at least that's what they told my sister when she just ate there. But, who knows if that will be the case by January. Yeah, I don't normally do pizza before a race either.

I’m one of those people with a complicated order (vegan), so I’ve taken to packing or ordering groceries for my pre-race meal: microwaveable pasta packets, jar of marinara, and a steamer bag of veggies. It’s worked great for me the last three years.

I’m one of those people with a complicated order (vegan), so I’ve taken to packing or ordering groceries for my pre-race meal: microwaveable pasta packets, jar of marinara, and a steamer bag of veggies. It’s worked great for me the last three years.
I'm vegetarian so I get it, that's a great idea to do. I brought food for dinner before the marathon this past Jan actually as well, but just like PB & J makings and stuff like that because I couldn't decide where to eat as I was paranoid I would get sick.

Breakfast: Be Our Guest Magic Kingdom
Lunch: Le Cellier Epcot
Snack: Carrot Cake Cookie at DHS which I've yet to actually have
Dinner: Tiffins

After this day, they'll have to roll me home to California.

I'm still debating about my restaurants. Especially difficult because I don't know what I'll feel like eating the evening of the marathon.

I dined at Chefs de France before the 2017 Dark Side Half and just ate at French Quarter before this year's Dark Side Half. Considering Mama Melrose before the full this year since I liked Tutto Italia before the 10K this year. I always say I want to try new places, but I keep going back to the tried and true places that I really love.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter