Marathon weekend, half marathon thread

Booked our flights for marathon weekend last night. Resort is booked. ADR are made. Spa reservations are made. Whew. Time for a break. Happy running to all!

I booked my hotel and flight too. I am booking a massage this coming year but I have the past couple of years.

I think most of the talk is in the marathon thread, even from those doing the half :)

Just got back from Disney and tried to book bounce back offer for marathon weekend and no luck. Tried to rent points and also no luck. So this brings me to the question...where is everyone planning to stay?

At the 11 month mark, I booked into my home resort, OKW. I have never had a problem booking other resorts at the 7 month point. This year, not so. It seemed as thought the DVC resorts filled quickly this year.

I think most of the talk is in the marathon thread, even from those doing the half :)

Yep.

At the 11 month mark, I booked into my home resort, OKW. I have never had a problem booking other resorts at the 7 month point. This year, not so. It seemed as thought the DVC resorts filled quickly this year.

In my experience it filled last year too. But then in October little bits opened up. I booked my short stays at boardwalk and SSR in late October when I had nothing of availability before that.

Someone in June in this thread joked about banditing a run, which they had never heard of. It's actually a long tradition. It's only now that it is being stopped. While I understand the security worries, I don't like it when innocent traditions end. Sigh.

I am staying at one of the Boardwalk hotels. I am doing the half so my trip there this year will be a short one. BECAUSE I will then be flying out west for the SW weekend in Land.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter